Inliytened1

I AM NOTHING

240 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

i was meditating doing self inquiry 

I had my shift while self-inquiring too about 4 years ago. It happened suddenly, unexpectedly, was simple yet profound. The initial ego backlash was also brutal, but soon after the awakening I came across Ken Wilber's work on ego integration and that put things in a better perspective for me. We don't have to kill the ego, it's got us this far after all. Integration and shadow work followed.

Yes, I AM nothing and everything is contained within me.

This was posted in another thread recently, the poem describes beautifully the nature of God. The Absolute and Relative merge into ONE, infinite I AM.

Edited by Natasha
typo

@Natasha ?????

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

i understand adwaita and buddhism enough to know adwaita believes in the self and buddhism believes in the no self or no soul.    You believe in Adwaita which is even farther from the Absolute then  buddhism.  Buddhism understood that the small self was an illusion and that there was a higher truth.

Hi there, 

A few things, first it's not Adwaita (as David has been saying), it's Advaita. I've been cringing each time it's been written. Also, I think he and you have been meaning to say Advaita "Vedanta", because Advaita alone is a Sanskrit word that translates only as.. “not two” (So, not Self/Brahman/Absolute and a world).

Vedanta in Sanskrit means the “end of the Vedas”. Veda means "knowledge " and "anta" means " end".  It applies to the ancient text the Upanishads, which were elaborations of the Vedas, being the end knowledge needed for liberation.

You are also confused when you talk about what is taught in the Vedanta tradition  (NOT religion!). In Advaita Vedanta the absolute is also called Brahman/awareness or Self (capital "S") that has no reference to the small "s" self (in Buddhism) or the ego.

As far as the mental process/ego/self (small "s") Advaita Vedanta teaches that it IS illusory and not real, although it "apparently" exists, as it is experienced in the moment.

I would suggest not making sweeping judgements about traditions you don't have any extensive knowledge of, as it's misinformation.

Ps. In Advaita Vedanta the term "awareness" is synonymous with the absolute/Self/Brahman.

Edited by Anna1

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

19 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Ok, got you... thanks @Serotoninluv

I should add that what I wrote about imaginations is also an imagination - yet I can’t see any way around that. 

40 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

I didn't become God

Hey Abra, you're  already IT! Just have to realize it/embody it. I know you like Bible verses, so when Jesus said, "I and the Father are One"...well you and the Father are One too :) Read Rupert's poem, he's talking about you!

1 minute ago, Natasha said:

Hey Abra, you're  already IT! Just have to realize it/embody it. I know you like Bible verses, so when Jesus said, "I and the Father are One"...well you and the Father are One too :) Read Rupert's poem, he's talking about you!

Thanks Natasha! I will read it, probably a lot of times until my hard head understand it Lol... Just kidding. I know it's not about understanding, is about BEING. Thanks!!!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

1 minute ago, abrakamowse said:

I will read it,

You can actually listen to it, he reads it in a video :)

2 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Thanks Natasha! I will read it, probably a lot of times until my hard head understand it Lol... Just kidding. I know it's not about understanding, is about BEING. Thanks!!!

And I thought it is explaining Nothingness. 

3 hours ago, David Hammond said:

Nobody here love a themselves, so this is the perfect place to get rotten tomatoes thrown at me for being real.

What about me? I accept you Dave ❤️

11 minutes ago, purerogue said:

And I thought it is explaining Nothingness. 

Being includes nothingness...

15 minutes ago, Natasha said:

You can actually listen to it, he reads it in a video :)

Lol... true... Read with the ears

:P

@Anna1 Thanks Anna.

I didnt claim to be an expert in Buddhism he did.  I just grabbed his word and copied and pasted but yeah Advaita was what i meant.

Maybe the three of us should all have a discussion on Buddhism to get a good understanding of it because i think he needs the teachings more than me.    

If he's open to it.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Anna1 Thanks Anna.

I didnt claim to be an expert in Buddhism he did.  I just grabbed his word and copied and pasted but yeah Advanta was what i meant.

Maybe the three of us should all have a discussion on Buddhism to get a good understanding of it because i think he needs the teachings more than me.    

If he's open to it.

You have misunderstood. My post was regarding Advaita Vedanta, not Buddhism. So, I was objecting to what you had said regarding Advaita, which I'm assuming you actually meant "Advaita Vedanta", since Advaita only means "not two".

Perhaps, give my post a second read? 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1 we can discuss both can we not? You seem to well educated on both no?  I think David has been running around acting like he is an expert and he can't even get the word right.   

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

15 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Anna1 we can discuss both can we not? You seem to well educated on both no?  I think David has been running around acting like he is an expert and he can't even get the word right.   

Hehe (the word)

I do not know much about Buddhism, except the use of the concept of "no self". The term "nothingness" being used instead of "awareness" (for the absolute), which is what Vedantin's use. 

...and some 8 fold noble path, but I don't know much about it. Maybe right speech, right thought or something. Haha

So, I would not be much use discussing Buddhism, unfortunately. 

Edited by Anna1

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1 Vedanta has a word for the small self/ego? I can't remember that part well.... Atman is like Brahman or God...

I thought it was anatman or anatta, but that's no self from buddhism.

^_^

@Anna1 Thanks.  From my direct experience the Absolute transcends all religions.  The Absolute is the Absolute.  There is only One.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Anna1 Thanks.  From my direct experience the Absolute transcends all religions.  The Absolute is the Absolute.  There is only One.

Yes, you are correct. I didn't say otherwise. I also don't have or follow a "religion".

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?