RobertZ

Which Life Chapter Phase Are You?

Which Life Chapter Phase Are You?   110 members have voted

1. 1. Which phase best describes your chapter in life?

• Limbo (unsure, developing a compelling vision)
    • Starting (engaging in what you want to do, building momentum)
    • Middle (peak actualized success, hitting stride, doubling down on mastery)
    • End (winding up, letting go, depletion)
  2. 2. Regarding the phase(s) above, which of the following best describes your current life chapter(s)?

• Unsure
    • Gaming, digital activities
    • Social development (friends, networking, community engagement)
    • Leadership
    • Intellectual development (exploration and advancement)
    • Formal intellectual education (undergrad, grad, post)
    • Spiritual development (exploration and advancement)
    • Formal spiritual path
    • Physical development
    • Arts
    • Major projects (hobbies, building, designing, gardening, writing, coding, cinema, retirement projects, etc.)
    • Employment
    • Profession
    • Professional specialization
    • Carrying on business
    • Board member
    • Dating
    • Family formation
    • Substantive interest (e.g., psychedelics; travel; a major topical research focus)
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 posts in this topic

A poll based on "Life Unfolds in Chapters & Phases"

Edited by RobertZ

Moving this to the Self-Actualization sub-forum so that it gets more views.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

#2 should be multiple-choice

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

I’m definitely half in “End Phase” and “Limbo”

Cool.

I can't really decide whether to pursue spirituality hardcore right now, or build a bussiness first. I guess that puts me in the limbo phase. Gonna do 7 days contemplation retreat and decide at the end of it what to do.

7 hours ago, kieranperez said:

I’m definitely half in “End Phase” and “Limbo”

Same. However, strangely I have an overlapping and short lives phase while the other larger dies out. It's very depleting.

The end of the limbo phase of a new chapter.  Areas: (1) basic personal development mastery, (2) career teaching personal development, (3) intimate relationship mastery, (4) embodiment of Enlightenment, (5) advanced personal development mastery.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Girzo I'm at the same exact place man. Why do find yourself at this juncture? How are you thinking through it?

@Jcent Why? Because I have finished high school without a clear sense of purpose. Then killed a business to go to college, just like you. Then dropped out, because what I have gone to study, that is eco-energy, seemed great on paper but turned out to be not suited well for me. I wasn't eager to go there in the first place too.

I have to work to survive, so right now I go to a job for 6 hours, do Kriya Yoga twice a day, read a lot of books and work with the life purpose course.

I haven't watched any of Leo's videos for a while, but damn, I sat down to watch this video and it was so timely. I'm somewhere between the limbo and the starting phase. I've started taking action, but not exactly sure I'm on the right path. I'm also experimenting quite a bit with different meetups to meet new people and get ideas.

But I'm pretty sure I want to make techno music, take better care of my health, make new healthy friends, and eventually find a better job. Maybe at some point will I start a business and do more meaningful work. However, at the moment, I really want to spend more time investing in relationships and establishing a strong social circle.

@Girzo Respect man, we have an almost identical story. So you're considering just leaving it all and meditating?

@Jcent Yes, but if I decide on that, I would be doing it Joseph Campbell-style. Living in the mountains with lots of books and free time.

I really need to think it through.

I attached a visual analysis of the poll. Each 'i' signifies a person. The data displays a bell curve: most people search and begin a life chapter; fewer people reach the middle and end phases. The results are biased but still interesting.

I hypothesized a correlation between formal roles (like education and profession) and attaining later phases. 'Take a formal path to achieve categorical success.'

The spread of people in arts and spirituality phases suggests that these are healthy and fully-lived chapters.  

The people who reached 'Middle' and 'End' can provide valuable knowledge for the people in Limbo. For example, 'Did you ever feel like you really succeeded at art / spirituality?' or, 'What are your reflections on the future of your professional career?'

Chapter and Phases as May 12, 2019.jpg

Edited by RobertZ

End of starting stage entering the the middle stage. One foot in both. When looking at the overall bigger picture. 

I have notice that every life chapter for me tend to last right around 6 years. I am starting the 5th Chapter now. 

Chapter 1: Age 11-16

Rebel Chapter (Stage Red)

Smoking weed, cigarettes, listening to Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Hip Hop, several alternative clothing styles, skipping classes in school, anti-authority. Overall just going against the grain for the sake of it.

Chapter 2: Age 17-23

Sports Chapter  (Stage Blue)

Running, Weight lifting, Boxing. Values like courage, strength and honor, discipline, loyalty we're important to me during this stage. 

Chapter 3: Age 24-28

Professional development Chapter (Stage Orange)

Wrappedup my college degree. Moved to the USA for a second education. Started climbing the first spots of the ladder in my career. Developing professional skills. 

Age 28-34

Player Chapter (Stage Orange)

Developed myself as a Player in the Sexual Market Place. The main focus of my life was dating, sex, and intimate relationships. Got the skills to be proactive on the dating market. Gained a lot of experience and got to see behind the curtain of the lifestyle of sex, partying, and instant gratification. 

Age 35 - 

Writing as we speak. 

I think the last 6 years especially my growth has come mainly from developing my Blue parts into Orange parts. I used to be 20% Blue, 60%Orange, 20% Green. 

Now I scale myself as 75% Orange, 25% Green. 

I think I’m just starting to leave limbo. Not quite starting, but still fairly limbo-ish. I’m getting more into hobbies that require willpower and moving away from mindless internet use. I’m also doing more healthy things to relax like meditation or spending time outside. 

Edited by Roch

I would expect that most people following Actualized.org are in the first two phases, as you're lost and looking for answers and direction. People in the 3rd phase are probably too busy to watch self-help videos.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Motherfucking Limbo.
Struggling to create a really compelling vision (did the life purpose course) to motivate me to make bold life decisions, right now i am just too comfortable, unmotivated and lazy. It is hard to find any motivation to pursue some life purpose since i don't really care about most low consciousness stuff and the high consciousness ones fail to motivate me enough to commit 100% to my calling. Maybe because i have lots of trouble to envision nice things, i was always negative motivated (through pain), since i am in a comfortable place (although dependent on others), i don't accomplish nearly enough as i could. The way i did personal development until now brought me a LONG way, i am kind of satisfied but i know i can accomplish 1000x more if i really follow what Leo says, i just don't. 

this

On 10/05/2019 at 1:44 AM, 7thLetter said:

#2 should be multiple-choice

and this

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

People in the 3rd phase are probably too busy to watch self-help videos.

unborn Truth

I am now in a phase of creating a vision and laying a foundation. This could on the one hand be seen as one of the first two stages, but it feels more like a chapter for me. Around 2 years ago I moved to a different place and started to create a vision for my life and to build up good habits, whilst also in the process of completing my studies. Im now really hitting this chapter full force and its coming together beautifully. I have a good year left for this.

Next chapter will be financial independence, for which I really have already started now, but this will become the main focus a year from now.

Realizeyourgrowth.com