Javfly33

If Leo has enough money to retire why...

145 posts in this topic

Why he doesn´t retire to a cabinet to go meditate/yoga/psychedelics for ever?

I don´t mean this question in a negative way/attack, I ask purely because of true curiosity. In fact I guess it´s because he must have reached a point of quite the balanced-life where although not fully enlightened his ego is very stable, yet the "need" of awaken 100% is not such a need like in others.

I´m just saying this because if I had enough money saved to have food for the lets say, next 20 years (and purely not a single more expense), I mean there´s no need even to be worried about enlightement or not. As long as your only time you spend it meditating and doing yoga, you are already in the "zone". At least that is my experience. I might have bad days of pracitce but overall I know that if somebody would give a plate of food each day withouth me doing anything, I´ll be just doing yoga 24/7 and I would be in a state of neutral peace lol. Why worry about getting total enlightment since i wouldn´t have to go back to the ego/goals/survival/fear world! You get my point? The only reason why people have awakening experiences and then go back to ego state of mind is because in fact, their lives are still planned to go back to that kind of world after doing whatever retreat/practice they planned to do.

For me this is common sense but maybe some disagree... I am waiting for your answers. Today I have been all day planning about how can I start saving money and search/build some sustainable housing in order to accomplish something like this. Once I don´t need to worry about food and housing, I´m going full 100% into the consciouss practice. I don´t even care about light/heating. I plan to build the house in an all-year warm type of place lol

Edited by Javfly33

21 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

if I had enough money saved to have food for the lets say, next 20 years (and purely not a single more expense), I mean there´s no need even to be worried about enlightement or not. As long as your only time you spend it meditating and doing yoga, you are already in the "zone". At least that is my experience. I might have bad days of pracitce but overall I know that if somebody would give a plate of food each day withouth me doing anything, I´ll be just doing yoga 24/7 and I would be in a state of neutral peace lol. Why worry about getting total enlightment since i wouldn´t have to go back to the ego/goals/survival/fear world!

You seem to have a *place* in *time* in which there is peace. What you describe certainly sounds very relaxing and would likely allow a person to explore deeper states of consciousness without distractions of the rat race. I imagine it could be very beneficial to the mind-body. Yet what you describe is still within the fantasy of the mind. "If I only had abc, then I could do xyz and reach true peace". There are people that spend years, even decades, searching for that place in time. Yet that place is not Now. The transcendence of peace vs. no peace to Peace cannot be found in some place within the timeline - it can only be found Now. 

Imagine spending 20 years saving money to reach that place and one day finally being able to simply meditate and do yoga all day - and realizing "I'm still in dis-ease. This isn't the pure peace like I had imagined".

True. If i was a millionaire i would be doing a lot of psychedelics too. And I will be out in nature doing sports, solo traveling and pick up.

No need to worry about cleaning or cooking? MBFN

Because it’s his life purpose to share insights with the world. Duh. Everyone has a unique personality. Leo is an INTP, and, like me, has an insatiable desire for truth and the spreading of said truths for the betterment of humanity. 

39 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Why he doesn´t retire to a cabinet to go meditate/yoga/psychedelics for ever?

I could imagine it being pretty hard to live in a cabinet. Seems like it would be a little claustrophobic. ;) 

*sorry, couldn't resist. 

Renouncement of everything in life requires a shit ton of correct attitude, tendencies, genetics and hand of circumstances.

Some people will naturally be more and more recluse as they go on and age in life. As if that's what their life was about: a continuous stripping away of everything from their lives until they are left with nothing.

While for others, renouncing conventional , material life may be a sweet lofty fantasy but they will never walk a step in that direction.

As far as i can guess, Leo has a voracious appetite for knowledge and objective understanding. On top of that he has built a decade long gigantic castle of all the knowledge intregration and his works with videos. These things will probably never leave him in one brushstroke.

Leo may live eating only soup for months, but i doubt if he can live few months without his library, knowledge bank, psychs, urge to formulate and share etc.

I'm not saying this as something bad or singling Leo out. These sticking points and sort of subtle attachments, even enlightened master had them more or less. Ramana Maharshi could be attached to his cheap, simple loincloth and would vehemently decline to wear a western, pricy outfit. Who knows?

I think Leo knows this pretty well. So instead of renouncing everything, he kinda made peace with himself that he would make the best of his creativity in this life and continue hoarding Knowledge.

But in his video called "lifestyle minimalism" he proposed an ultimate strategy to ultimately renounce material life all together because it doesn't fucking work(his words)

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

You don't need to be a millionaire to live in the woods and do psychedelics. In fact it takes no money at all. You just do it. Go where there is no people, build a makeshift home. Grow you own food. Live simply.  But this requires you giving up everything you think brings you happiness and everything you think is comfort. 

@Javfly33 I'm sure he's pondered this.   By the way,  I believe he is Enlightened...it's just that he has his own view on Enlightenment relative to himself.

But anyway, yeah, I'm sure he's contemplated this - but also he has a passion to teach others and a desire to pave the way for all of humanity. 

You can see that in his teachings.

That is also part of evolving as a human - if you take a look at Spiral Dynamics, the farther evolved one becomes, the more of a "collective/system" thinker you become. 

It's not so much all about you (Stage Orange) but in the later stages you are looking at things holistically.

How can I do the most to give back to society?  What can I do to make a difference in this world?

That takes a very high level of consciousness to reach.

You can be at a very high level of consciousness and have no desire to do that, and that's fine too.  

But I think that's the direction he is being pulled.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Javfly33 I heard some people think millions wouldn't be enough to retire. So they keep going till they make a billion. Leo is driven by his life purpose, though, and his work is not for mere survival, but for being a benevolent force in service to humanity.

@Javfly33 Im currently working through Leo's Life Purpose course, and he explains in great detail from many different angles why retiring for solitude would be against his values, nor would it bring happiness. The greatest pleasure in life comes from making your art, following your muse, and helping others. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

23 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Javfly33 I'm sure he's pondered this.   By the way, he I believe he is Enlightened...it's just that his vision of enlightenment iis different than most.  

Leo is NOT enlightened. Not yet. Not because he has sort of new exotic vision of enlightenment, but he does know what enlightenment really is.

I saw him posting in this forum that there is no arrogance in stating that one is enlightened. Its like proclaiming that i understand 2+2=4. Simple. There is no other agenda or arrogance associated with it. He would simply proclaim to be enlightened when it happens.

What Leo calls enlightenment(which is the correct definition after all) is the permanent cessation of all identification with forms. That's like the minimum, the bare bones of enlightenment that must be present. Other than that all other issues like love, emotions, happiness, knowledge, understanding, insights, morality etc. are completely unrelated to enlightenment and these things will greatly vary in many degrees person to person.

But that bare bones has no level, depth or stages. It is either there or not. It is unmistakable to one to whom it has happened. So no point in claiming oneself enlightened until it really happens.

But kudos to Leo for not claiming fake enlightenment, making a cult and deluding people.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

You don't need to be a millionaire to live in the woods and do psychedelics

LOL What?

Mmm... Yes you do. Do you have any idea of how much DMT costs? Psychedelics are not free (except for mushrooms).

1 dose of changa is like 15 bux.

1 gram of dmt is like 150 bux.

1 tab of lsd is 15 bux

And these are very cheap prices. Those prices can easily double up depending who and where you are.

LSD and mushrooms effects last for hours. You will have no time to

9 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

build a makeshift home. Grow you own food.

you will be stoned out of your mind. You can barely move in those states.

Seems like you have never done psychedelics@Jed Vassallo

6 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

@Javfly33  The greatest pleasure in life comes from making your art, following your muse, and helping others. 

okay great!

But please dont over generalize that rule upon everyone. If thats your case, congratulations on finding your path. 

There will be people who never did any of that and yet fulfill the ultimate purpose of human life by being happy in their own terms.

While other people might do all that and yet miss the mark and end up being miserable.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom I don't presume to be in his head.   But one's definition of Enlightenment is a whole other discussion.

He has stated that he has had mystical non-dual experiences in which he became conscious of different facets of Truth.

That is the definition of Awakening to many people.  To others, to be in a permanent non-dual state ALL the time is their definition of Awakening.  

Personally I believe that is when you dissolve into Infinity completely.

But there's another way to view it - to have had non-dual experiences and become conscious of one or more facets of Truth and then to embody them in the human form - through super high levels of consciousness in your everyday life.

To view the world from a non-dual perspective but from within the ego, which you cannot permanently escape until physical death.

That is something that takes decades to achieve and perhaps will be something you can infinitely build on while in human form.

Of course we are talking in the Jesus/Buddha/Gandhi realm now.  That may be his vision of enlightenment.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Leo has a gift to give to humanity, retiring forver meditating in isolation would be very pleasurable for him, but also very egoic.  betraying the purpose that god planned for him(you planned it before birth) its like a bad karma.

Edited by Moreira

This has never been about the money. It's about helping people understand reality.

You might as well ask, why didn't Jesus or Gandhi retire and live in a cabin in the woods?

They had much higher callings.

Do not confuse these callings for ego. That would be a big mistake. God does its work through conscious people. How else do you think Goodness happens?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This has never been about the money. It's about helping people understand reality.

Even when you've clearly seen that there are no other people?

How can you ever intregate that sort of doublethink?

Or is life just meant to be an infinite chain of self deception, from one set to another?

Is to be alive is to delude oneself?

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

3 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Even when you've clearly seen that there are no other people?

This is God's sandbox. God doesn't need anyone to validate his work. His work is to please himself and be himself. His creation is his own gift to himself.

How else could it be?

It's not that there are no other people. It's that all people are yourself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.