Javfly33

If Leo has enough money to retire why...

145 posts in this topic

One must awaken along with the world. Every enlightened master has to teach if he wants to fully awaken. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

8 minutes ago, Preetom said:

There will be people who never did any of that and yet fulfill the ultimate purpose of human life by being happy in their own terms.

Happy on your own terms without achieving an LP that provides value to mankind? First, that's impossible, second, they are missing the point. This is a rule of life, hardwired into every single person. Just one example, there's some fascinating research on flow states, which usually last 2 hours, but something magical happens with an act of altruism. This unique flow state called "helper's high" can last up to 3 days! 

You can even connect with your own direct experience... you gain a lot more happiness and fulfillment by helping others by working your purpose than if you just focused on yourself. I know this might sound strange, and you might have some doubts, but this is a rule. It's your true nature. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is God's sandbox. God doesn't need anyone to validate his work. His work is to please himself and be himself. His creation is his own gift to himself.

How else could it be?

I like to think of it as a beach, God wants us to build sand castles because he knows the most fun we can ever have is watching the beautiful castle we built dissolve back into the ocean when the tide comes in. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

Happy on your own terms without achieving an LP that provides value to mankind? First, that's impossible, second, they are missing the point. This is a rule of life, hardwired into every single person. Just one example, there's some fascinating research on flow states, which usually last 2 hours, but something magical happens with an act of altruism. This unique flow state called "helper's high" can last up to 3 days! 

You can even connect with your own direct experience... you gain a lot more happiness and fulfillment by helping others by working your purpose than if you just focused on yourself. I know this might sound strange, and you might have some doubts, but this is a rule. It's your true nature. 

According to this definition, the hardcore yogis who remain in samadhis and superhuman levels of consciousness for 40-50 years and even maybe dies in that remote cave without anyone ever knowing about them are supposed to be the most miserable species in planet earth..

But yet Leo(rightly so) sees them as probably the highest development in existence possible.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

7 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I like to think of it as a beach, God wants us to build sand castles because he knows the most fun we can ever have is watching the beautiful castle we built dissolve back into the ocean when the tide comes in. 

Wow such a goode game ?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom That's because the world according to the hardcore yogi in the cave is already perfect, already enlightened. Whereas if you are teaching, you see other people as not enlightened. 

Fuck.

So either the yogi in a cave is a fiction of the mind, the same as God in Heaven, and enlightenment doesn't exist or it does and the teacher is not enlightened. 

@Preetom The key to a good sandcastle. Build an awesome moat. Sand castle sticks around a lot longer that way. 

You have to be an architect, the architect of your life. Know your life purpose. Design your sand castle the be the best goddamn sand castle that's ever been built. That's self actualization. 

5 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Preetom That's because the world according to the hardcore yogi in the cave is already perfect, already enlightened. Whereas if you are teaching, you see other people as not enlightened. 

Fuck.

So either the yogi in a cave is a fiction of the mind, the same as God in Heaven, and enlightenment doesn't exist or it does and the teacher is not enlightened. 

All are run by their very tendsncies :)

While there are fake, deluded, self proclaimed enlightened masters; there are genuine enlightened masters who teach as well. 

Their teaching is just another role they play, out of habit. Just like the role of playing the game of eating, excreting, sleeping, resting until there is no breath left.

They are simply killing time, until time kills them(the body)

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

16 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

according to the hardcore yogi in the cave is already perfect, already enlightened. Whereas if you are teaching, you see other people as not enlightened.

No!

That is so backwards. You are condemning all teachers of enlightenment as somehow inferior, when it is actually the opposite. They are exhibiting the highest Love, making sacrifices for you.

There is nothing wrong with not teaching or living in a cave. But there is also nothing wrong with teaching and living in a city. People have different callings and paths. There is no one superior path. You pick the path which most aligns with who you want to be. Don't expect everyone to follow the same path. Don't expect everyone to follow your path.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Preetom No need to become a tree just yet, when you were born with opposable thumbs to climb them.  @Leo Gura I think the highest love is sacrificing one's own peace for others. I guess I still believe in Jesus all along. 

If you stay alone in your cave you can't get foot kissed, nor you can't abuse emotionally and sexually your follower.

That's not really smart.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I think the highest love is sacrificing one's own peace for others. I guess I still believe in Jesus all along. 

Why add martyrdom as necessary to reach the highest love?

58 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Preetom

But there's another way to view it - to have had non-dual experiences and become conscious of one or more facets of Truth and then to embody them in the human form - through super high levels of consciousness in your everyday life.

To view the world from a non-dual perspective but from within the ego, which you cannot permanently escape until physical death.

That is something that takes decades to achieve and perhaps will be something you can infinitely build on while in human form.

Of course we are talking in the Jesus/Buddha/Gandhi realm now.  That may be his vision of enlightenment.

Better start polishing a brick in order to make it a perfect mirror someday ?

A camel can pass through a hole of size of needle but the ego can't never pass over to the "other side".

This very outlook of living within an ego with a bunch of refined non dual realizations(which are just memories now) is the mother of all delusion and confusion about enlightenment.

Please dont conflate that with enlightenment. It can be many things like maturing up in life, being a good human , climbing the spiral or some hierarchy, ever refinement of one's lens or context or whatever; but enlightenment itself has nothing to do any of that. It is the absence of the lens, absence of the context. You cant further improve or polish the lens.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 hour ago, Jed Vassallo said:

I could imagine it being pretty hard to live in a cabinet. Seems like it would be a little claustrophobic. ;) 

*sorry, couldn't resist. 

xD there is a special place in hell for predictive text! 

4 minutes ago, Shin said:

If you stay alone in your cave you can't get foot kissed, nor you can't abuse emotionally and sexually your follower.

That's not really smart.

Even if you stay in a cave, people will come to kiss your feet and worship you.

Ramana Maharshi lived in a cave. He had thousands of followers coming to kissing his ass.

It's actually not so easy to be a recluse. You will become famous just for being a recluse.

So it's not so simple.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Shin said:

That's not really smart.

In other words, you cant be a snoop Dogg

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

28 minutes ago, Preetom said:

According to this definition, the hardcore yogis who remain in samadhis and superhuman levels of consciousness for 40-50 years and even maybe dies in that remote cave without anyone ever knowing about them are supposed to be the most miserable species in planet earth..

But yet Leo(rightly so) sees them as probably the highest development in existence possible.

There are many different avenues in helping others, some remote and spiritual. To think these Yogi's never helped or taught anyone just isn't true... 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@Preetom  @Leo Gura No i get what you are saying - again language is breaking down here because someone's definition of Enlightenment is relative.   I have had non-dual experiences in which i became conscious of Absolute Truth, Infinite Love, and the understanding that the nature of existence is in fact, Absolute Infinity.  

That's what I consider "Awakening" - awakening from the Materialist paradigm into whats really going on here.

I find the concept of a permanent non-dual state impossible without physical death - hence I present that 3rd way of looking at it.  Don't call it "enlightenment" if you choose not to.  Call it very conscious :)

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@SerotoninluvBecause a true shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. He doesn't have to give his literal life but he still has to give away his life at the same time.@Leo Gura You're already enlightened, you're accidentally already a Christ.