Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cody_Atzori

Why am I not the brain?

76 posts in this topic

I’m a newbie to enlightenment and meditation and over the past few days Iv’e been using the Neti Neti. And now Iv’e associated myself with this constant awareness. However, isn’t awareness caused by brain, which means that I’m the brain, right?

I feel that my biggest obstacle is my constant association with the brain. I mean everytime I self-inquire, I associate the brain as a thought or feeling but the fact that I have a brain and it feels like it’s the only constant Iv’e had from birth and if my brain is destroyed then I die. My brain controls my body, my brain experiences life, my brain is the centre of all experience, my brain is me, right? I’m so confused and I need help! 

On a similar note, wouldn’t my body be apart of me not a separate experience from me. In other words, my legs are apart of me because I can control them.

I will ask you one question, does it even matter?

This is the question you have to find correct answer for, not cling to ideas that someone will throw at you and you will question one week later. 

39 minutes ago, Cody_Atzori said:

I’m a newbie to enlightenment and meditation and over the past few days Iv’e been using the Neti Neti. And now Iv’e associated myself with this constant awareness. However, isn’t awareness caused by brain, which means that I’m the brain, right?

I feel that my biggest obstacle is my constant association with the brain. I mean everytime I self-inquire, I associate the brain as a thought or feeling but the fact that I have a brain and it feels like it’s the only constant Iv’e had from birth and if my brain is destroyed then I die. My brain controls my body, my brain experiences life, my brain is the centre of all experience, my brain is me, right? I’m so confused and I need help! 

On a similar note, wouldn’t my body be apart of me not a separate experience from me. In other words, my legs are apart of me because I can control them.

For now, be aware of the brain, and ask yourself, who is aware of the brain?

Eventually something will happen and you'll answer the question

And of course, science cannot explain how the brain creates consciousness, so maybe it doesn't lol, just be open to the possibility

Edited by Dumb Enlightened

@Cody_Atzori When you are asleep, there is no mind, yet your existence continues. When the brain dies, the body and the world dies also, but your existence continues. That you say "I am the brain" is just a thought you have chosen to accept. You actually have far less proof for this belief. How do you really know that you are the brain? You only know this because others have told you so. Regardless, the brain is scientifically said to be the controller of the body, however we are not concerned with the body or the brain here. We are concerned with the substratum of your existence which remains whether or not you know about the brain and the mind. Everybody knows who they are. If I ask you who you are, it is immediately obvious to you that there is in fact a someone who you are, but you don't know who it is because you choose to approach the question with an outward oriented mind, which seeks answers in form of objects. Instead of doing that, turn the mind inwards and find its source. The answer is self-evident. 

What is your brain made from? Mostly water? Where did the water come from? Didn't Jesus and likely George Washington drink those particles and pee them out so they could be recycles and part of your brain? It's just a piece of meat, it's the energy that animates it. We are just energy, one energy, one interconnected thing/no thing. 

Your brain exists, but not in the way you think about it. Can you look yourself in the eyes without a mirror? Then how can the thinker think about itself? 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

There's always that good old question that triggers every skeptic, when you are dreaming, does the consciousness of the dream come from the dream's character brain ?

How do you know that you're not in a dream right now ? And you as the dream character is just it, a dream character, and the consciousness you claim to come from your brain doesn't.

A brain happens within consciousness. Consciousness does not happen in a brain.

You are stuck in the materialist paradigm and it will totally block you from enlightenment unless you completely deconstruct it and drop it like a fairytale.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The brain is what counsiousness look like from a 2nd point of view.

If you eat a chocolate and a scientist scans your brain the scientist will see what the experience looks like in your brain but it is only what the experience looks like and not the experience itself.

Edited by luckieluuke

The brain is a vibrational field, 'inside' a vibrational field, not a separate thing, an illusion thus. 

@Cody_Atzori

There is awareness of thinking. There is not thinking of awareness. 

There is awareness of these words.  These words can not explain that awareness.  

My brain controls my body,

Look more closely. The body is doing countless nuanced movements through out the day, which you have no thought prior to or during. Watch your fingers type as you express thoughts. Notice there are no thoughts directing the fingers to individual letters. Notice while walking, there is no directive thoughts saying “more this foot”, “now lift this foot”, etc. The brain does not control the body. “You” are maintaining individuality, separate self, by taking credit for what the body is doing - via the excuse of “my brain”. 

my brain experiences life,

You experience an outer and inner world via the duality of the prior mentioned brain belief / defense mech’s. There are not inner and outer worlds. If there were, you would be the ‘divider’ of the two (dual). “You” as the “divider” is a thought. Look hard for evidence to realize the humility of this. Notice you have been perceiving through division your entire life. Begin to see inclusively, radically. 

my brain is the centre of all experience,

Are you aware of thoughts? Is the experience an ever-unchanging thought, thinking an awareness which comes and goes & changes? Or is the experience unchanging awareness, aware of thoughts which are always changing, always coming & going?

my brain is me, right?

Is that a thought? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

18 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Notice there are no thoughts directing the fingers to individual letters. Notice while walking, there is no directive thoughts saying “more this foot”, “now lift this foot”, etc.

@Nahm Don't confuse thought with language .

2 minutes ago, David Hammond said:

Have you seen one?

@David Hammond Yes , of course , don't you ? What you are saying is like seeing a cup and saying it don't exists .

8 minutes ago, tecladocasio said:

@Nahm Don't confuse thought with language .

Can you elaborate? 

(If you meant that humorously, I hear ya and it’s hilarious)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

33 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Can you elaborate?

@Nahm What I'm saying is that : the thinking in form of dialogue ( language , you talking to yourself ) that goes in your head is not the capacity of thought . For thinking in form of language to occur it must have a prior thinking without any language. Animals too have thinking . Language is more the organized estructured communication of your thinking . The thing is , if you are alone you don't need any language thinking . It's just very strange for people due to this misconception about self , thought , other , etc .

28 minutes ago, David Hammond said:

Is it a cup now? What is it? 

@David Hammond Now it's a cup broken in tiny pieces hahah . I get what you are saying . But you agree there is a correlation between the activity of the brain and conciousness ?

@Cody_Atzori the heart and the guts are big nodes of the nervous system and they heavily influence the decisions "you make". intelligence is ALL OVER THE BODY.

unborn Truth

@Cody_Atzori oh dear trust the scientists they are still unable to prove that brain creates the consciousness or awareness ??? so till there is any Proof otherwise drop this question and try to be still.you can contemplate this question after enlightenment.???