Krzysztof

How can you distinguish truth from hallucination?

31 posts in this topic

When having an "awakening experience" how can you really know whether what you are experiencing is bringing you closer to the truth or taking you in the opposite direction?

Our brains are super complex and are constantly delluding themselves. The whole idea of ego, which is an illusion we will agree on for the purpose of this thread, feels very real for 99.9% of people.

How can we be sure that when having an awakening experience at a higher level than that and discovering the how's and why's of the universe, we aren't really experiencing another brain-generated illusion?

How can Leo and many others talk about the ultimate truth, when they should be radically open-minded about the fact that they may be experiencing an opposite of truth through the chemistry of their brains.

When you are asleep, you are often 100% convinced what you're dreaming about is true. It's because your brain chemistry makes you believe it.

There is a way to see things without any distortions. 

The way I understand right know is that the past memory and impressions are distorting your whole present experience. There's one path in spirituality where they seek to develop a perception that is not tainted by any memory. Then you see reality the way it is. Now we see reality the way we think, not the way it really is.

"Reality is not the way you think it is, but it becomes exacly the way you think" #mooji

This video's about seeing things exacly the way they are. Highly recommended.

Edited by Salvijus

@Krzysztof

Reality is that which is always real. In your own direct experience, what is always real? What has always been real? What will be  forever real? Reality and truth are synonymous. 

You will experience the death of the ego.  Its so total that when it happened to me i had a loss of sex drive and other symptoms.  No desire for anything i normally craved.  As my ego returned over the following weeks i slowly returned to normal.

But then ego backlash sets in and depending on how strong your will to live is the stronger your backlash will be.  

I'm working on more awakenings but it's much harder for me to get there now because my ego is fighting me the whole way.  I had my awakening without any pyschedelics.  I don't have access to any or maybe now i would be tempted to try 5meo.

Oh and besides that you just know.  Notice i said YOU just know.  Try convincing anyone else.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Did you consider what you really can be? 

And what is your brain's chemistry that makes you feel "not dreaming"?

Edited by tedens

There is only God. Is God a hallucination? Does It hallucinate itself into existence? No.

Thus, since there is only God and God is the only real, there is only the Real. No such thing as hallucination.

If hallucinations exists, they are God and thus real. There are no distinction between anything because literally nothing exists but God. This is because God is infinite, so Everything is included as God.

@Krzysztof What if I told you that Truth IS Hallucination?

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

49 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

@Krzysztof What if I told you that Truth IS Hallucination?

@TheAvatarState Well that would be a clearly misguided thing to tell someone!

1 hour ago, Zetxil said:

@TheAvatarState Well that would be a clearly misguided thing to tell someone!

No, not at all. What you are sensing right now is nothing but pure Truth. Also, what you are sensing right now is nothing but pure hallucination. Therefore, Truth = hallucination = nothing. Tough pill to swallow, I know O.o

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

what's the difference between experiencing the truth and knowing it's the truth and experiencing the truth and doubting it?

12 minutes ago, isabel said:

what's the difference between experiencing the truth and knowing it's the truth and experiencing the truth and doubting it?

You. 

Trying to find the dichotomy between hallucination vs. Truth is ultimately irrelevant when it comes to Enlightenment work because Enlightenment work eventually becomes the transcendence of the issue of Truth, the transcendence of the issue of metaphysics, and the transcendence of the Mind.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Krzysztof You will not understand this until your first awakening. Then you will say, "Oh! Duh! Truth! Lol! Brains?? WTF is that?"

You see, the brain is a hallucination.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Joseph Maynor You are still missing what Truth is. Awakening reveals Truth. Don't mistake Truth with conceptual or verbal relative truths.

I'll talk more about what truth is in the future.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 hours ago, Krzysztof said:

When having an "awakening experience" how can you really know whether what you are experiencing is bringing you closer to the truth or taking you in the opposite direction? 

How do you know you woke up this morning?  Why is it a given that’s true?   Why do you figure people use the word awakening , in hindsight, to describe it? 

Our brains are super complex and are constantly delluding themselves. The whole idea of ego, which is an illusion we will agree on for the purpose of this thread, feels very real for 99.9% of people.

This is other-people-sneakiness, it’s an a priori belief. You are 1, no percentage of people of anything means anything for you. Only 1 enlightens. Only you. 

How can we be sure that when having an awakening experience at a higher level than that and discovering the how's and why's of the universe, we aren't really experiencing another brain-generated illusion?

Same applies here. We can’t be sure. Only you can. See? 

How can Leo and many others talk about the ultimate truth, when they should be radically open-minded about the fact that they may be experiencing an opposite of truth through the chemistry of their brains.

That’s one obstacle, but Truth doesn’t have an opposite. If it did, it’d be Truth too. 

When you are asleep, you are often 100% convinced what you're dreaming about is true. It's because your brain chemistry makes you believe it.

Exactly. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

We hallucinate the whole reality.

What we think is "real" is hallucination. 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Joseph Maynor You are still missing what Truth is. Awakening reveals Truth. Don't mistake Truth with conceptual or verbal relative truths.

I'll talk more about what truth is in the future.

Hey Leo.  Thanks for the response.  Haven't we gone over Truth in the videos ad nauseum at this point though?  It seems that's all we've been discussing for about 4 years now.  I like the subject, but I almost feel like that horse has been beaten past death at this point.  I'm interested in exploring other subjects now frankly.  You're first Enlightenment vids came out in 2015, so we could argue that we've been talking about Truth now going on 4 years!  I don't think more talking about Truth is really necessary, but you might disagree, and that's fine.  I'll still watch your content and participate in this community as usual.  I'm just saying, it'd be nice to go into some other things like: relationships, ethics (right action), love, compassion, kindness, taking into account people's limitations,  building interpersonal respect, decency, being just, emotions.  I have a feeling we might be spiritually bypassing in all this Truth talk and not doing enough personal development work where the rubber meets the road.  I'm moving on myself into these areas I listed above in my own work and my Journal writings will reflect that change, which I look forward to,

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 minutes ago, Black Monolith said:

Wow this is what i call a backlash.

This is your first Forum post?  Welcome to the Forum.  Care to turn this conclusory statement into a discussion with us?  I don't think you know enough about us to make such a flippant judgment.  I've been working on Truth now for many years.  I've written what amounts to probably a ream of paper on the subject of Truth in my Journals on here.

Edited by Joseph Maynor