noselfnofun

Is pursuing enlightenment dangerous unless your are at a certain level in life

53 posts in this topic

Do you guys think one has to reach a certain level of emotion maturity and self actualisation before they are read to take on the task of waking up? If this is the case how dose someone know they are at the right level. 

I have been thinking this for sometime. I do think this could be the case but it is not talked about to often.

However I will say suffering seems to be the main motivation for people to want enlightenment. I think that could also be the way the universe sends you the message you've been drafted to wake up :)

Would love to get some thoughts on this. 

Edited by noselfnofun

@noselfnofun Ime, the really deep stuff started arising when I reached upper Green of maturity on the SD scale. Before then, egoic attachements and identifications to the story were too strong.

@Serotoninluv Hmm yes interesting. Would you say its totally about your internal development not your external? What about say a man who is very emotionally mature but has no money? should he stop his path for a bit to gain more wealth so he has slightly more assests or would you say all that stuff becomes irrelevant. 

It totally makes sense if someone has emotional/mental health problems that should be resolved first.

I think this is actually a really important subject, leo could do a video on it. Tho I think he might of done already ahha 

The mental health problems (attachment to thinking/self) are themselves the obstacle to go deeper

In my opinion, either we like it or not, I think everyone looks for a strong confirmation bias before getting into "enlightenment" experience. I agree that it can be dangerous if you desire to achieve those higher states without intellectual knowledge of them, the mind needs to understand it first, kindly

Edited by oMarcos

12 minutes ago, noselfnofun said:

Hmm yes interesting. Would you say its totally about your internal development not your external? What about say a man who is very emotionally mature but has no money? should he stop his path for a bit to gain more wealth so he has slightly more assests or would you say all that stuff becomes irrelevant. 

SELF UNDERSTANDING takes all one’s energy. If you are caught in a cycle of contradiction and are feeding off that contradiction, chances are you will continue wasting necessary energy to understanding yourself(SELF KNOWLEDGE). It’s obvious to say what ever is done out of confusion leads to more confusion. How we view ourselves/others/world determines the action we take. 

12 minutes ago, noselfnofun said:

It totally makes sense if someone has emotional/mental health problems that should be resolved first.

It seems common in society that such mental health problems influences what we do or do not do. Unless we see clearly, we are not able to make healthy decisions. And such action will be expressed in relationship. I mean look at “society”, isn’t it clear what has happened?O.o

Edited by Jack River

Unfortunately we start to late in exploring self-knowledge(SELF-KNOWLEDGE) as a society (as the whole). 

To me the sooner you SEE CLEARLY, the better. Also good to remember; not all people want to play the game the same way. Squares need circles, prickles need goo :P

Edited by Jack River

I'm realizing that my view of Enlightenment and somebody else's view of Enlightenment might not even resemble each other.

I wont know until im Enlightened, and then it wont matter anyway.:P

Dont look at me! Look inside!

21 minutes ago, noselfnofun said:

@Serotoninluv Hmm yes interesting. Would you say its totally about your internal development not your external? What about say a man who is very emotionally mature but has no money? should he stop his path for a bit to gain more wealth so he has slightly more assests or would you say all that stuff becomes irrelevant. 

That's a good question. For most of my life, I had little money and spent a lot of time working through school and my career. I ended up getting a job with lots of time off and job security. This allowed a lot of time to spend in spirituality and I think allowed for more progress.

With that said, I think openness, sincerity, willingness and curiosity and essential keys. A wealthy person with lots of free time will not make much progress if they are closed-minded and defensive.

1 minute ago, Rilles said:

I wont know until im Enlightened, and then it wont matter anyway.:P

Haha. There’s only one enlightened one and it’s I. 

Another way to think of things from the place of AWARENESS is there isn’t a this or that contradiction. There is only action. So some may think one will be to passive, or to active, but in actuality it’s just a harmony of both. Balance so to speak. Some people are go getters in different ways. Some people are very structured, some not so much. Either way one who is awake will live healthily. 

Get your shit down before enlightenment.

I tell you from my experience... when last year after 2 months of meditation retreat I didn't have money for food and rent and no one to help me; being alone here in UK without even the language spoke property.. But I really didn't give a fuck cause everything was beautiful and peaceful in the present moment, the reality was amazing and even my death was seeing like an euphoric wave of life.. Now from this state go back in a warehouse and learn the business... fuck.

@noselfnofun Very good observation.  Personally I do believe you do need to be at a certain level of personal development, which often comes with a lot of suffering, in order to achieve it.  At least that is what i have experienced in my own life.

However that said, everyone is different, and everyone has their own perspective so I do not think you should limit yourself into thinking that you are not ready for enlightenment yet.  

This path has to be walked alone.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, darind said:

Now from this state go back in a warehouse and learn the business... fuck.

HahahahaxD

From the place of confusion we tend to make contradictory decisions fosho 

Edited by Jack River

2 hours ago, Jack River said:

Unfortunately we start to late in exploring self-knowledge(SELF-KNOWLEDGE) as a society (as the whole). 

Indeed

2 hours ago, Jack River said:

Another way to think of things from the place of AWARENESS is there isn’t a this or that contradiction. There is only action. So some may think one will be to passive, or to active, but in actuality it’s just a harmony of both. Balance so to speak.

??

It's going to kill you either way ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them