Identity

Relying on Actualized.org

16 posts in this topic

I was just thinking about my information intake and how I use Leo’s material as a source for my own growth and understanding. A rather large part of my overall information intake is selected from the actualized.org paradigm. Books I often read from the booklist, I see most material from the blog, look on the forum every now and again, not to forget Leo’s videos themselves are not exactly short… ?. Spiral dynamics is also a model that I use as a filter and judgment system quite heavily. It is not that this is the only information I take in, I follow some different teachers as well. However, those teachers are then selected and perceived through the actualized.org lens. Its, for example, hard for me to watch someone like Jordan Peterson and find the valuable nuggets of wisdom in his material.

Then again, although maybe I shouldn’t do it as blindly, I have quite some trust in the material presented here. It has made an enormous difference in my life already and I can intuit that there is much more to come. Are there people in a similar situation?

How dependent are you on this actualized.org?

How large is the influence of this outlet on you?

Where is it retarding your growth rather than enhancing it?

I figure this is a dilemma you contemplate yourself as well @Leo Gura , finding the balance between sharing content and making sure your viewers don’t become overdependent and ideological about the perspectives you share. Maybe ironic to ask you, but what is your vision on a healthy usage of your content?

Realizeyourgrowth.com

We gather concepts because having a gazillion pieces of information makes us feel safe. But this is created based upon a deep societal belief that having less of anything is painful while more is better! We do this by collecting objects, hauling in spiritual practices in or minds, attaching to certain emotional states. Having more objects mentally, emotionally and physically that we are identified with as “Mine” gives us a feeling of more options and freedom. But these options of 29 different spiritual practices, 100 different diets and a thousand different ways to look at a situation keeps us identified with the thoughts in our mind, and thus, in a state of suffering and separation. This is because Love is not found in the mind; it is shining out from our hearts. And when we focus on our minds we create a feeling of separation by believeing that love is not here which makes us want to fill the hole inside of us with more concepts. 

Meditation is when we let ourselves have no other option but to be here without any concepts or any options. To accept that I am perfect in this moment, and I have everything I need to exist right now. With this knowing we can stop identifying with the forms in the form of our thoughts telling us all the other options we have other than meditating, transcend the thought structure entirely and remain heart-centered in that dimension beyond change, the changelessness of pure consciousness filled with love.

Trust this deeper dimension where everything is love and consciousness, and allow your life to align with this deepest experience of yourself. There is too much information, find how to experience your heart for a few weeks or months and then give up all other spiritual concepts that you hold in your mind “just in case” and allow yourself to awaken. 

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@Identity My sense is you may be off-balance with theory and practice. It sounds like you have a lot of theory. Perhaps devoting more time toward practice would be helpful. More time in things like meditation and yoga. 

As well, I found it helpful to have about three teachers that complement each other. For example, one teacher may be more head-centered, while another teacher is more heart-centered.

There's a very predictable course of action many people here will take:

1) At first you are skeptical of Actualized.org

2) Then you fall in love with Actualized.org

3) Then you start to hate Actualized.org so you can distance yourself from it.

4) And finally you come to understand that everything is inevitable and it could not have been otherwise.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Solace Those are some beautiful words. I am currently reading the book of not knowing by Peter Ralston which talks about similar stuff. Although I understand what you are saying conceptually, actually doing it is a different ball game. My heart has definitely started to open up, but letting it influence every part of my life is challenging.  

@Serotoninluv Yeah, the theory part definitely comes easier to me. I've got meditation, yoga and psychedelic habits going tough which have really started to have an impact.

@cetus56 That finger is so shiny though ?

@Leo Gura  Well, I'm currently deep in stage 2. Who knows, maybe some early signs of stage three coming up.

Realizeyourgrowth.com

@Identity let's be real here, Leo is the closest thing to a guru that many of us have, he explains this shit better then 99% of the people who are enlightened & if it wasn't for him many of us on here would be absolutely fucked.  Thank you again Leo! sincerely, Tony.

@Identity right on man!! You are beating me to the punch! It is exactly how I feel too! Actualized.org is the thing that helped me the most in my life . Strangely, there are always things that I disagree with when I listen to other teachers, but with Leo, either I don’t understand what he’s saying or I align with everything he says. It’s quite uncanny and it made me take a step back. Just like you mentioned, I read books from his lists, I listen to his videos, podcast, and this forum. I tried to distance myself a little bit and just check out other people but it always feels different and I kind of end up circling around and come back here. But I do read books outside of his book list. 

In one of his videos, he says that we actually don’t need any of these. He says he shoots these videos and goes very deep because he loves epistemology and sharing these knowledge but frankly, we don’t need to understand or consume all of the content to reach spiritual enlightenment. I think it’s great that you are aware of it and you can choose to distance yourself from consuming and always just go to goo’ ol’ meditation. 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts . Good to know we are not the only one !

Actualized.org has a great gravity pull (yellow/turquoise) if you are smart enough to take in the info. From then it's like cruising in life up to a point. Then you actually start seeing less growth as it needs more action. Then you can find life to be confusing after a while of following actualized.org. But after a while you just build your own foundation that mostly resonates with your life and just follow Leo weekly as usual for new ideas, concepts and "tools". You are no longer dependent on him after a while, but it takes time to grow out of actualized.org cause I've yet to find such a man speaking so deeply about these profound things. 2 hours per video is still nothing comparing how deep some of the content goes.

Mahadev

If you are skeptical about your approach to Actualized.org, then I suggest the following.

Use Leo as a lead. When he mentions a book, product, or person, research that. Then you find another teacher, e.g. Elliot Hulse. Then he mentions someone. Follow up on that. Do this until you feel necessary.

You have to start somewhere. Actualized.org is a great origin point. :)

15 hours ago, Marc Schinkel said:

Don't come here for advice or help when you start getting deep

Some very deep insights appear on the forum. Some minds won’t “see” it. A mind perceives at it’s current state. 

I didn't want to sign up at all. I was previously in what turned into a cult that amongst other things; banned people reading this forum because "entities" and it took me 3-4 months to heal after leaving it, find the correct path, and correct all the BS I had been told in said cult. Joining this forum is a way of furthering that healing for my mind in the duality. Even now there is some jittery anxiety just browsing here because it goes against the conditioning I recieved in the year or so I was in the cult. I could just turn the mind off by going into non duality (which only occurs in the present moment and not future or past like now) so it is important I get past it.

Having said that I don't rely on one place anymore. I tried that, put my trust in the wrong person and got fucked. Now I find other independent sources of information to validate anything I deem reliable.

I find myself becoming on dependent on teachers in general. Not just actualized.org. This is for a couple of reasons. First, I don't fully trust my own wisdom. Second, I have a tendency to become addicted to information.

On 1/27/2019 at 11:05 PM, Identity said:

I was just thinking about my information intake and how I use Leo’s material as a source for my own growth and understanding. A rather large part of my overall information intake is selected from the actualized.org paradigm. Books I often read from the booklist, I see most material from the blog, look on the forum every now and again, not to forget Leo’s videos themselves are not exactly short… ?. Spiral dynamics is also a model that I use as a filter and judgment system quite heavily. It is not that this is the only information I take in, I follow some different teachers as well. However, those teachers are then selected and perceived through the actualized.org lens. Its, for example, hard for me to watch someone like Jordan Peterson and find the valuable nuggets of wisdom in his material.

Then again, although maybe I shouldn’t do it as blindly, I have quite some trust in the material presented here. It has made an enormous difference in my life already and I can intuit that there is much more to come. Are there people in a similar situation?

How dependent are you on this actualized.org?

How large is the influence of this outlet on you?

Where is it retarding your growth rather than enhancing it?

I figure this is a dilemma you contemplate yourself as well @Leo Gura , finding the balance between sharing content and making sure your viewers don’t become overdependent and ideological about the perspectives you share. Maybe ironic to ask you, but what is your vision on a healthy usage of your content?

@Identity ive been on the seekers path for 5 months now...meditating, with much success (especially lately). I ABSOLUTELY resonate with your words. I feel as though there are a lot of similarities between us from what your saying. You said, "maybe I shouldn’t do it as blindly, I have quite some trust in the material presented here." I COMPLETELY trust in the techniques i have found here. I believe i have "low latent inhibition" which is where a person is a lot more prone to analyse each and every situation differently to the past instead of relying on memory. This brings about MUCH higher levels of creativity and a much more accurate sense of intuition. I would have no doubt that most of the authentic people within the sphere of actualized.org have a lower level of latent inhibition. I DO place my trust in the teachings i receive from Leo, but only because of moments of E.M.E.N.S.E clarity. The experience of seeing SO MUCH clarity, mixed with my low latent inhibition...provides me with an incredibly strong sense of faith in these practices. 

I place ALL of my trust in leo, but only because of how powerful his teachings are and how transparent and authentic he clearly it. 

I am UTTERLY dependent upon this website and Leo's guidance. I would be completely lost if it wernt for leo....i might as well call a spade a spade. I'd be fucked without leo's outreach :/ which is a bit of a crap concept since, i could have easily missed it....i mean, damn and so many people are. they are literally staring it in the face and they're depressed. (im not there yet so i cant speak)

How large has the influence been on me? It has not only, literally, changed my life...it has changed the trajectory of my ENTIRE life. I will find the truth one day, and its because of Leo. This man, is a man i am eternally thankful for. I only hope i can effectively transmit the same message anywhere near as effectively someday when i am nothing.

"finding the balance between sharing content and making sure your viewers don’t become overdependent and ideological about the perspectives you share." 

It is from my perspective that i see that we should not believe anything Leo says is true. of course there is an element of trust in that, if we did not think Leo's *pointings* were accurate at all, we would not do the practices. However, avoiding ideological traps that stem from Leo's teachings, can be easily avoided by assuming that Leo is talking straight out of his ass. The emphasis must be placed upon the *listener* to *prove* Leo is wrong by doing the practices. 

At the end of the day, im in the same spot as you. Im not enlightened, ive only had a number of glimpses and deep conceptualized understandings of the truth. We trust that we are doing the practices correctly and look at the results. I've noticed my ability to get things done in my life has dramatically increased, i've started a teaching business for beginners piano tuition (i play). Lots of things. All i know is, this is the path of the chosen, the path of salvation, of perfection, heaven, eternal life. I would literally give left arm and my left leg than stop being able to meditate. This is the only true path....and we must have faith until the end. We must remain determined, what a shame to live and yet NEVER HAVE LIVED. ONE CHANGE, O.N.E CHANGE. The very fact that we are AWARE of this stuff is a fucking MIRACLE! even 50 years ago this stuff wouldnt be available for us. Anyone who doesn't chase enlightenment down...is deluded as fuck. a spade is still a spade. This is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!