Shroomdoctor

Banning Any Critique on Actualized.Org?

109 posts in this topic

@Shroomdoctor I have a facebook group and meetups for 22 people, all basically my friends with interest in self-actualization, everyone highly intelligent, educated, kind, capable of critical thinking and out of their teens (and modest, LOL :D).

In the short time (4 months) I'm doing this, I had to decide on little issues like: 'Let everyone invite their friends to the group, or should I approve new members?', and 'Should I delete this fun distraction from the facebook page, or let it stand? If I do delete it, is it abuse of power?', and  'Should I set rules, like not letting in people who come late to the meetings?' 

I became very conscious of competing principles: The need for spontaneity, vs. the need for structure; The need for free expression vs. the need to stay on topic; The need to allow people to co-create the community vs. the need to keep it to my vision; even the need for freedom vs. my needs of comfort running the group (because ultimately, if I let the project expand beyond my limits, I can't lead it and it will likely die, which won't really benefit the people in it).

Ultimately you have to make decisions that keep the project aligned with your vision, even if you piss some people off. 

I'm writing this just to say: It must be incredibly hard to set the correct kind of guidelines for the actualized.org forum, and to decide whether these were broken or not. There will be some threshold Leo has for valid vs. manipulative criticism. We can disagree with him on individual cases. 

I understand though that perhaps a few of them have added up for you to let the forum atmosphere seem off. 

Edited by Elisabeth

@Shin

50 minutes ago, Shin said:

You're just a tiny white racist guy who can't get laid, come to my coral level bro !!!

I don't understand if you are agreeing with me,  if this is sarcastic, or if you're actually being serious xD

My mind can be slow sometimes but I think you're talking as if you're Tj talking to Leo? Am I correct?

Edited by VictorB02
my mind is slow

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

20 hours ago, Shiva said:

Criticism is ok.

Cult-like activity, ranting against Actualized.org or degrading it in order to market some other community is not ok.

People often think they are critisizing when what they are actually doing is one of the previously mentioned things.

The mind is a tickly, self-deceptive beast ;) 

Why would a respectful "red pil"l thread get locked?

3 hours ago, andyjohnsonman said:

Can someone post a link of TJ's video or tell me who he is as every time I search on youtube to find this person a video comes up with 233 views I'm guessing that cant be the person who is causing such a stir?

TJ has only a few hundred subscribers and he's had his channel for many years. So, he's very small as a YouTuber and not very effective at getting subscribers. His view count would indicate that he should have over 1200 subs by now, but he's still in the three hundred to four hundred range. But he used to come on here, so many people on this forum are familiar with him. And that's probably why there's such a stir.

I was personally surprised that so many people were either so taken in by him or so against him and calling him on cultish behavior. He must be really trying some kinda stuff that's really pied piper-ish to have that kind of effect on people. I know that when he was here, he was pretty nice and seemingly just another forum goer. I wouldn't have guessed him to go that route.

But I guess that his ego has taken hold because he made some videos about how he's gotten to stage Coral or Teal in Spiral Dynamics, to which I don't even know the implications of that or if the framework really holds up past turquoise. But I've noticed quite a few younger people on here really singing his praises in an idol-worship-like kind of fashion. So, I'm guessing he must be really employing some manipulative techniques. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald  Just make a video with charismatic, muscular, afroamerican man, who is good at speaking and make it public... That's what Old spice people do as well! xD 

54 minutes ago, VictorB02 said:

@Shin

I don't understand if you are agreeing with me,  if this is sarcastic, or if you're actually being serious xD

My mind can be slow sometimes but I think you're talking as if you're Tj talking to Leo? Am I correct?

If I say some stupid shit like that, you can be sure it's sarcastic ?

@bejapuskas

I do ...

Sometimes ...

Yes or no ?

?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

26 minutes ago, tenta said:

Why would a respectful "red pil"l thread get locked?

Because Red Pill is a community of pain created out of a sense of lack, low self-esteem, demonization of women/femininity, and victim's mentality. And all of these hang ups don't jibe with self-actualization, which is Leo's goal for this forum and his channel.

So, allowing Red Pill threads is inviting validation and perpetuation of men's belief in their own powerlessness into a forum that is focused toward empowerment. This can distract many men from personal growth and keep them in a victim mentality loop. So, the goals of the Red Pill and the goal of self-actualization are diametrically opposed, and Leo wants to remove these pitfalls from his platform.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

2 hours ago, Elisabeth said:

@Shroomdoctor I have a facebook group and meetups for 22 people, all basically my friends with interest in self-actualization, everyone highly intelligent, educated, kind, capable of critical thinking and out of their teens (and modest, LOL :D).

In the short time (4 months) I'm doing this, I had to decide on little issues like: 'Let everyone invite their friends to the group, or should I approve new members?', and 'Should I delete this fun distraction from the facebook page, or let it stand? If I do delete it, is it abuse of power?', and  'Should I set rules, like not letting in people who come late to the meetings?' 

I became very conscious of competing principles: The need for spontaneity, vs. the need for structure; The need for free expression vs. the need to stay on topic; The need to allow people to co-create the community vs. the need to keep it to my vision; even the need for freedom vs. my needs of comfort running the group (because ultimately, if I let the project expand beyond my limits, I can't lead it and it will likely die, which won't really benefit the people in it).

Ultimately you have to make decisions that keep the project aligned with your vision, even if you piss some people off. 

I'm writing this just to say: It must be incredibly hard to set the correct kind of guidelines for the actualized.org forum, and to decide whether these were broken or not. There will be some threshold Leo has for valid vs. manipulative criticism. We can disagree with him on individual cases. 

I understand though that perhaps a few of them have added up for you to let the forum atmosphere seem off. 

The vision (ideology) is always the moral problem. The same for Leo. If there is no vision, there is no moral problem.

Just now, Emanyalpsid said:

The vision (ideology) is always the moral problem. The same for Leo. If there is no vision, there is no moral problem.

Yeah, but if there is no vision, nothing is created. 

Or? :)

@Shin gotcha haha!

@bejapuskas not necessarily heh

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

1 hour ago, Shin said:

If I say some stupid shit like that, you can be sure it's sarcastic ?

@bejapuskas

I do ...

Sometimes ...

Yes or no ?

?

i was expecting some funny way out. i was not disappointed.

unborn Truth

@Shin  You perfectly embody the yin and yang of sarcasm and seriousness, you know we all love you for that :D 

1 hour ago, Emanyalpsid said:

You’re talking in circles here.  Vision is not ideology nor a “moral problem” as you allege.  Every Ego has Vision, including yours.  You have a Vision every time you perceive a goal.  Every time you go to the bathroom you have a Vision that you’re set to realize.  Any time your Ego has a preference about reality, that’s a Vision or goal.  So, if Vision is a “moral problem”, we are all guilty as charged and must be so.  This leads to very debilitating view of ourselves as sinners needing some kind of massive redemption — which starts to sound like something outta Christianity. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Leo Gura People are blind to their own issues, and magnify others at times. Nothing can be done about it, but if you truly desire growth. You should put the magnifying glass you put on others on yourself.

You know your intentions are good amd see the good in yourself better than anyone else, but some of the bad, the delusional parts of you are also harder to see for that reason.

Life is a good teacher though. The pain encountered on the path brilliant. We all learn. It is when we demonise others, and put ourselves above them that we stagnate.

10 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

@Leo Gura People are blind to their own issues, and magnify others at times. Nothing can be done about it, but if you truly desire growth. You should put the magnifying glass you put on others on yourself.

You know your intentions are good amd see the good in yourself better than anyone else, but some of the bad, the delusional parts of you are also harder to see for that reason.

Life is a good teacher though. The pain encountered on the path brilliant. We all learn. It is when we demonise others, and put ourselves above them that we stagnate.

This is why it’s best to tread lightly with the morality stuff and just focus on primarily on pragmatic personal development issues.  Morality is a sexy subject area, but it can lead to a kind of distraction where we try to determine how to convince ourselves that we’re good relative to this or that.  But see when you’re doing that it’s like fighting with your shadow — you don’t really get anywhere or accomplish anything.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor A moral compass is important on the path. Without one you would look at yourself or the world honestly, but what you say has truth to it.

Dont lose sight of the goal. Growth.

Human minds are conditioned and immersed into relativity. Be mindful of the mind’s tendency to grasp relativity as objective truth.  

44 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

it is when we demonize ourselves and put us above or below them... comparison can only work if it’s about eye height. invasion, infiltration, parasiting and trojanism is not exactly eyehight.

still you could say it’s about the moral behind it.

Edited by now is forever

@Serotoninluv this dude loves beating dead horse to death. Then dragging the dead Horse around in places it has no business being in.

like taking a dead horse to an after hours club..... chilling thinking he looks cool....

not the place man lol

@now is forever ?

Edited by Arhattobe