winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, winterknight said:

Yes? Not sure what you're asking.

I doubt the Ananda part. At least i can't feel it.

That existence and consciousness are essentially the same thing, makes totally sense to me. I literally can see it.

But the bliss part is absolutely missing for me.

Just now, Sockrattes said:

I doubt the Ananda part. At least i can't feel it.

That existence and consciousness are essentially the same thing, makes totally sense to me. I literally can see it.

But the bliss part is absolutely missing for me.

When the mind is quiet, it will manifest. And how do you get the mind quiet? Ramana Maharshi's self-inquiry method. Or total, unconditional surrender.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

3 minutes ago, winterknight said:

When the mind is quiet, it will manifest. And how do you get the mind quiet? Ramana Maharshi's self-inquiry method. Or total, unconditional surrender.

How can i make sure, that i will make my surrendering unconditional?

I've been there a hundred times. And then i start thinking "please don't make this or please don't be like that" and then i'm stuck here again and the whole story begins anew.

Does that make sense, what i'm trying to say?

What advice you can give to someone who goes psychodynamic therapy? What does make therapy efficient? Any principles and insights you can share according your experience about going therapy?

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

All therapies are not the same, unfortunately. What city do you live in?

i dont want to reveal it here :( 

i heard the REM therapy is for people to help with trauma and anxiety, they have here also regualr therapy session (thats literally how its said online) i'd have to ask them what particler type it is. WHats difference with psychodynamic and analytic? Isnt both the type that heavily Freud based? Im not sure why but i dont really like Freud

1 hour ago, Emanyalpsid said:

@Jack River

I get what you mean. There should almost be a beginner, intermediate and expert section on this forum so there is some structure and overview. Problem is, everybody would be in the expert section. ;)  

Fosho 

I have a question; does it, and with it I mean that what we perceive, exist upon itself? If so, how come? If not, how come?

Edited by Emanyalpsid

@winterknight  Thanks for pointers in the path to enlightenment?

I have few dream questions:

1. If you are not in relationship are you capable of relationship?    

2. If you were you in relationship before enlightenment and how did it change after?

3. Have you got children? (Why or why nor?)

4. If yes, how do/would you approach parenting? 

5. I expect you still engaged in work, why do you do what you do?

6. Do you have to pretend in our world?

I most cases we seem to want to conform to a means to achieve an end. This is the pursuit of the illusory self. This is how the intellect as the “me” operates. To conform, to imitate, to conform to a discipline in order to attain the end. When we understand very deeply mind and it’s tendencies we see that learning for the sake of learning, as in not concerned with the end, or not letting our own premeditated motives carry the investigation/enquiry means the self/thought is not moving in its conditioned reactionary ways.To see the importance of not moving within the field of time/self. That is freedom. That is Love and true discipline. Discipline that implies no conformity/fear/psychological becoming. I’m most cases we start such techniques of self enquiry or meditation techniques without first understanding the entity/thought that starts the investigation/enquiry. This tends to lead to self deception/illusion. I did this for a few years. Without first understanding what is not freedom/and discipline that is not a movement of thought. I seemed to fool myself and get caught in the loop of division. Only this divison assumed it was not divided. Very sad that I got caught in that for so long. 

I feel awareness of psychological becoming which is fueled by not understanding the whole nature of thought/self, clears the way for a choiceless awareness that is aware of all thought movement and its process. This awareness seems to stop that reactionary thought/emotion cycle itself. Then there is freedom/dicipline(leaning) and that makes for a foundation to explore beyond the known. 

Edited by Jack River

21 hours ago, winterknight said:

Actually, the Buddha started just that way: he called himself Tathagata, the awakened one. It's right in that set of Buddhist scriptures known as the Pali canon.

There is no word from the Buddha written anywhere. All the stuff written about him is written by others.

20 hours ago, winterknight said:

Consciousness does not turn off during sleep. Consciousness never turns off. Conventionally, in Vedanta, we'd say consciousness is aware of the pure ego and it alone in sleep.

I certainly agree that the body does not generate consciousness. Yes, you can say the brain receives consciousness if you want. 

Lol what a fairy tale. Saying consciousness is aware of pure ego in sleep are only words but no direct experience. If you fall asleep you lose consciousness, as you are not aware anymore. Your consciousness sleeps. If the body his metabolism stops, the body will not transport glucose to the nerve cells in the brain anymore and your body will not be able to convert neurotransmitter signals from the senses to the brain into seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, feeling and thinking anymore. In other words your consciousness dissolves.

Or is it okay if I come to your house and hit you with a baseball bat on the head until your brains pop out? In your words you will still be consciousness right?

From what I can make out of your words, you are maybe enlightened in the western meaning of the word enlightenment but definitely not in the eastern meaning of it.

Edited by Emanyalpsid

21 minutes ago, Emanyalpsid said:

There is no word from the Buddha written anywhere. All the stuff written about him is written by others.

This is the problem with interpreting what has been recycled through time by thought. We can never fully be sure of what was meant/being communicated. Thought and its inherent tendency to cling and conform to its own bias will manipulate a communication to the point to where it is no longer original. Thought always looks for security which alters a message. 

Edited by Jack River

@winterknight Why/how does there arise the distinction between something that is "pleasurable" and something that is "uncomfortable"?Why do some things cause "suffering" whilst other things cause "happiness"? For example, why is eating tasty food pleasurable whilst getting stabbed with a knife extremely painful? A scientist will tell me that things which are beneficial for my biological survival will give pleasure and things which are not advantageous will cause me pain. But that's just a shallow thought story imo, I've been wondering if there is anything deeper to it. Why are some sensations pleasurable and other not pleasurable? Can whether a thing is pleasurable or not pleasurable be reduced to thoughts? Or is there a complex relationship between thoughts and this extremely intangible thing we call awareness which causes sensations to be perceived a certain way? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Emanyalpsid The term “consciousness” is being used in a different context. Kind of like God can be used in different context. It’s not the words, it’s what the words are pointing to. Flow with it. . .