winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

Really comes down to the ending of moving in any direction. Which means no activation of resistance/attachment, which seems to cling/identify to its own content of thought. The self clings to thought to end itself, it succeeds in suppressing thought temporary, but still leaves the self in tact. This is what seemed to happen the majority of my life. Actually can’t belive I did this for so long dudes. Talk about a waste. :/

Edited by Jack River

41 minutes ago, Jack River said:

But can we say that this sustains conflict as it is resistance/attachment which brings about reaction itself? Can we say that conflict itself sustains self/divison? It’s kinda like saying psychological time will end by moving on that path of psychological time. Do you understand what I mean dude? 

I do. But unfortunately I do not think the way to end conflict is simply to pretend it doesn't exist... as I said, for a few very mature souls pure silence is enough. But for the rest, one division is needed to destroy another division, as one thorn removes another that is stuck in someone's flesh.

But Zen may be more to your liking. Zen tends to really stay away from abstraction.

40 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@winterknight Is there any life?

Yes.

40 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

@winterknight 

1. It seems a theme in spirituality that the world I see is born from some unmanifested void which I am, that when I look away from objects, they no longer exist, until I look at them again. Is this true? That I'm God and I'm creating it all? The world around me seems to have such an independent existence from me...

Not quite. This is simple solipsism. It is not the one who sees objects who creates them, but God. You might be God, but if that is true, you are not the one who sees objects... can't be both. 

29 minutes ago, Ero said:

@winterknight

How do you care for your body? If you would describe the type of exercises and food regiment you have, that would be awesome! 

What form does your life purpose take? You said you're not the public figure type. How do you feel you can offer the most to the world? 

??

I have nothing special to offer food and exercise-wise really. My life purpose right now is to write and speak. I never said I'm not the public figure type, only that I've failed at it so far :D. As far as what I can offer the world -- it's probably this spiritual stuff. I'm not too concerned with it. That will happen automatically, and I think it emerges and evolves in a way that cannot be easily predicted beforehand.

5 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Really comes down to the ending of moving in any direction. Which means no activation of resistance/attachment, which seems to cling/identify to its own content of thought. The self clings to thought to end itself. 

When this happens by itself, that's great. But for all others, they must strive until it happens. Later they may see that even their striving was not striving and it was unnecessary anyway, but till then, they must strive.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

8 minutes ago, winterknight said:

I do. But unfortunately I do not think the way to end conflict is simply to pretend it doesn't exist... as I said, for a few very mature souls pure silence is enough. But for the rest, one division is needed to destroy another division, as one thorn removes another that is stuck in someone's flesh.

Oh no dude, don’t get me wrong conflict was very real for me. I’m not that type to say it’s an illusion. Conflict is not an illusion. Conflict/fear/suffering is a fact as long as this divison is in movement/sustained. When that divison totally stoped feeding itself, as in no controlling/resisting that fact was no longer the fact. Most excellent how it all happened I must say dude. 

I am only intereted how this process of conflict can end itself. To me I have already ended conflict by not supplying it, and continue to do so from moment to moment with awareness of movement.

But I am just curious to what takes place in what you are implying here. Anyway I appreciate your responses brother or sister?

Edited by Jack River

1 minute ago, Jack River said:

Oh no dude, don’t get me wrong conflict was very real for me. I’m not that type to say it’s an illusion. Conflict is not an illusion. Conflict/fear/suffering is a fact as long as this divison is in movement. When that divison totally stoped feeding itself that fact was no longer the fact. Most excellent how it all happened I musbsay dude. 

I am only intereted how this process of conflict can end itself. To me I have already ended conflict by not supplying it. But I am just curious to what takes place in what you are implying here. Anyway I appreciate your responses brother or sister?

Yes, not feeding the conflict is a nice way of putting the surrender path. For you, that "not feeding the conflict" does not require effort anymore because of 

Well I would say when I saw that the self and the path are one movement of time that huge insight put order in thought and therefore psychological freedom without intention/effort/motive/psychological time

this insight. So until the point that you got that insight, wasn't there the feeling of having to put in effort on the path? You may not see quite how the effortful path led you to this effortless insight... but I would bet that it did.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

9 minutes ago, winterknight said:

When this happens by itself, that's great. But for all others, they must strive until it happens. Later they may see that even their striving was not striving and it was unnecessary anyway, but till then, they must strive.

Don’t get me wrong it takes all ones energy. It’s actually an all day awareness. I see what you mean though. Without the insight I am talking about they have no foundation. I feel ya. 

is it more likely to get enlightened when your basic needs are met ? (maslow's hierarchy)

are "you" happy? do you suffer?

how do i get enlightened?

4 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Don’t get me wrong it takes all ones energy. It’s actually an all day awareness. I see what you mean though. Without the insight I am talking about they have no foundation. I feel ya. 

Exactly :)

7 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Yes, not feeding the conflict is a nice way of putting the surrender path. For you, that "not feeding the conflict" does not require effort anymore because of 

this insight. So until the point that you got that insight, wasn't there the feeling of having to put in effort on the path? You may not see quite how the effortful path led you to this effortless insight... but I would bet that it did.

We tend to conform to the path naturally. As I said before the self is the path. Both the product of knowledge/memory. We seek to conform to “things” to bring about a certain result/goal. This is a usual pattern of self. So for me I would say the path isn’t necessary but we already are conditioned to walk one either way. So to say we shouldn’t has no relevance. The fact is we do...self implies path. 

But you are saying the path is all the self has without insight and etc. I understand what you are saying dude. 

Edited by Jack River

3 minutes ago, Viking said:

is it more likely to get enlightened when your basic needs are met ? (maslow's hierarchy)

are "you" happy? do you suffer?

how do i get enlightened?

Yes. Yes. I appear to suffer, but I do not in reality. Follow the path of self-inquiry. I have posts about it here and here.

do you think meditation is worth doing? why or why not?

also do you think courses like vipassana are helpful?

How can I be a sincere seeker if I don't exist and lie to myself about that ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Just now, winterknight said:

Illusion is that which, when you look for it, it disappears.

There's no trinity or duality, though you can use that as a provisional framework if you find it helpful. There's not even a oneness in the way we usually use that word. Nor is there nothingness. Just what there is cannot be expressed in words; you'll have to see for yourself.

If you see nothingness, then there are no questions being asked and no answers being given.

Then how would you tell if illusion is not still in you (thereby manipulating the perception/you to think it has had an enlightenment)

A paradox?

@winterknight I'm become obsessed with intellectualising about non duality and enlightenment throughout the day, getting bogged down trying to figure out the meaning of labels like awareness, consciousness, etc. I'm always trying to work it out. Is this simply pointless? Unless maybe I'm doing it consistently using self enquiry, which I haven't been...or maybe contemplation, which some gurus swear by. But it's like I always feel I should be thinking about it and feel guilty when my mind gets distracted with anything other than existential questions. 

I've become so obsessed with spirituality that I feel I'm not living life to the fullest. I'm always searching...searching, doing this technique or that technique. I'm a hermit, very introverted and see relationships as a distraction. Will this go against me in the long run? If I want to become awakened? I'm worried I might be using spirituality as a smokescreen to avoid sorting out more obvious stuff... 

44 minutes ago, Viking said:

do you think meditation is worth doing? why or why not?

also do you think courses like vipassana are helpful?

I believe Ramana Maharshi's self-inquiry is the meditation that is really worth doing. But vipassana is probably helpful too.

40 minutes ago, Shin said:

How can I be a sincere seeker if I don't exist and lie to myself about that ?

You aren't lying to yourself about that. You believe, emotionally, that you exist. If you didn't, you wouldn't be a seeker. No amount of intellectual understanding will be enough until that emotional conviction changes. Saying what you really believed is you don't exist when you still feel that you suffer... that would be lying to yourself.

32 minutes ago, i am I AM said:

Then how would you tell if illusion is not still in you (thereby manipulating the perception/you to think it has had an enlightenment)

A paradox?

You will know when the illusion is "gone" without any doubt. It cannot be explained fully in words. Part of that is understanding that there is no illusion, and that there never was.

17 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

@winterknight I'm become obsessed with intellectualising about non duality and enlightenment throughout the day, getting bogged down trying to figure out the meaning of labels like awareness, consciousness, etc. I'm always trying to work it out. Is this simply pointless? Unless maybe I'm doing it consistently using self enquiry, which I haven't been...or maybe contemplation, which some gurus swear by. But it's like I always feel I should be thinking about it and feel guilty when my mind gets distracted with anything other than existential questions. 

I've become so obsessed with spirituality that I feel I'm not living life to the fullest. I'm always searching...searching, doing this technique or that technique. I'm a hermit, very introverted and see relationships as a distraction. Will this go against me in the long run? If I want to become awakened? I'm worried I might be using spirituality as a smokescreen to avoid sorting out more obvious stuff... 

Well, I had to answer a lot of intellectual questions at the beginning first. There is nothing wrong with that, if those are really what concern you. Pick a tradition and read deeply in it, meet people and talk about it. Above all, ask lots and lots of questions. That's what's going to give you intellectual clarity. I can help you with this too if you have specific questions.

It is not pointless if that's what you feel you need. 

As far as spirituality as a smokescreen, that is a very real possibility. That is, you probably really are interested in spirituality and are using it to avoid other things in life. That's one reason I suggest that seekers strongly consider psychodynamic or psychoanalytic therapy.

Edited by winterknight

@winterknight Do you have any pointers on the best form of meditation for enlightenment? Adyashanti refers to a kind called 'true meditation,' (or Leo calls it 'do nothing' mediation) as being the best one. Here you just keep letting go of the urge to control your thoughts when thoughts arise. There is no specific object to focus on. He says this helps you give up resistance and control. Have you found any particular methods better than others? Or did you focus mainly on self enquiry? If so, should I be doing more self enquiry than meditation, in your opinion? Oh I just read up a bit and you've already said that Self Enquiry is the best. Feel free to ignore this question then :) 

Edited by Wisebaxter

Are illusions Real, with a capital R?

How does one get deluded, if the thing that is deluding them doesn't exist?

Just now, Wisebaxter said:

@winterknight Do you have any pointers on the best form of meditation for enlightenment? Adyashanti refers to a kind called 'true meditation,' or Leo calls it 'do nothing' mediation, where you just keep letting go of the urge to control your thoughts when it arises, without having a specific object to focus on. He says his helps you give up resistance and control. Have you found any particular methods better than others? Or did you focus mainly on self enquiry? If so, should I be doing more self enquiry than meditation, in your opinion? 

Ramana Maharshi's self-inquiry IS a form of meditation, the best form. The others may be helpful too, I couldn't say. But RM's self-inquiry is enough by itself.

The only other possibility is surrender. Surrender means that you attempt to accept whatever happens -- whatever emotions you have, whatever events occur. You stop trying to change anything. Very difficult, though. Unless you are very drawn to it as a primary path, I would suggest self-inquiry first. Self-inquiry becomes surrender eventually automatically.

@winterknight When you come across someone suffering in your day to day life, say a friend, family member or a stranger, and they don't dabble at all in spirituality and have a lot of ego, do you tend to make your advice more palatable and less say, mystical? For example, would you tell them that there is really no 'them' to be suffering? Or do you try to come to them where they're currently at? I find myself always laying it on too thick with people and they just stare at me blankly lol. I also get this feeling of frustration as the root of their problem seems to simple, but they're so wrapped up in believing in their stories. I feel so desperate to share these fundamentals truths with people and set them free but I can't. Do you ever feel any frustration because of this? Or do you just accept that it has to be that way 

Edited by Wisebaxter

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

Yes. I appear to suffer, but I do not in reality.

What does that look like?

19 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

@winterknight Do you have any pointers on the best form of meditation for enlightenment? Adyashanti refers to a kind called 'true meditation,' (or Leo calls it 'do nothing' mediation) as being the best one. Here you just keep letting go of the urge to control your thoughts when thoughts arise. There is no specific object to focus on. He says this helps you give up resistance and control. Have you found any particular methods better than others? Or did you focus mainly on self enquiry? If so, should I be doing more self enquiry than meditation, in your opinion? Oh I just read up a bit and you've already said that Self Enquiry is the best. Feel free to ignore this question then :) 

If you want Adyashanti's teachings I'd recommend his 3 part series (haven't completed the last one myself). Your question appears to come from someone who've stumbled upon his YouTube videos out of context. http://www.adyashanti.org/cafedharma/index.php?file=video