winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, electroBeam said:

Are illusions Real, with a capital R?

How does one get deluded, if the thing that is deluding them doesn't exist?

Illusions are not real, and no one gets deluded. But to see that this is so, you have to walk on the path. The idea of a deluded self is itself the very thing that is seen through.

3 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

@winterknight When you come across someone suffering in your day to day life, say a friend, family member or a stranger, and they don't dabble at all in spirituality and have a lot of ego, do you tend to make your advice more palatable and less say, mystical? For example, would you tell them that there is really no 'them' to be suffering? Or do you try to come to them where they're currently at? I find myself always laying it on too thick with people and they just stare at me blankly lol. I also get this feeling of frustration as the root of their problem seems to simple, but they're so wrapped up in believing in their stories. I feel so desperate to share these fundamentals truths with people and set them free but I can't. Do you ever feel any frustration because of this? Or do you just accept that it has to be that way 

I would absolutely not make it mystical unless they were asking for that kind of advice. I would approach them where they're at, try to be a good, empathetic, nonjudgmental listener. 

You are trying to free others but it doesn't sound like you have freed yourself yet. Why not focus on that? When you succeed, you will automatically help the others around you. Again, I strongly recommend therapy. Google "psychoanalytic institute <your city>" call any institute that comes up, and ask for a referral.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

On 09/11/2018 at 7:21 PM, winterknight said:

Oh, very good question. Is there something? Who says that there is something?

@winterknight can u expand what you said here. Can u word it in such a way that it can be helpful. If u were trying to use this truth to teach a Buddhist pupil about it, what would you tell them? Thanks bro

@Outer Ah many thanks my friend. I always have time for more Adya in my life. Well I've listened to a lot of his youtube videos and have a couple of books I've yet to read. Got hold of 'True Meditation' today, which I'm excited to look at. He's got a such a clear and concise way of explaining meditation, it's really helped me avoid some pitfalls. I find the idea of 'focusing' on something during meditation to be just another form of control so I like it that he's all about letting go of that. I've been overly controlling everything my whole life. Thanks for that link, I'll definitely watch those. 

10 minutes ago, Outer said:

What does that look like?

Impossible to explain from the outside. You'll have to experience it yourself to know.

1 minute ago, Aaron p said:

@winterknight can u expand what you said here. Can u word it in such a way that it can be helpful. If u were trying to use this truth to teach a Buddhist pupil about it, what would you tell them? Thanks bro

It means that when you walk the spiritual path to its final destination, this question will be dissolved.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Just now, Outer said:

Am I consciousness?

You tell me! Haha. Knowing what you are can only be done directly. Hunt for the I.

I could say "yes, you’re consciousness," and that's true as far as it goes, but the real truth is that you are actually beyond the ability of words to describe.

Just now, winterknight said:

You tell me! Haha. Knowing what you are can only be done directly. Hunt for the I.

I could say "yes, you’re consciousness," and that's true as far as it goes, but the real truth is that you are actually beyond the ability of words to describe.

Am I vision?

10 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Illusions are not real, and no one gets deluded. But to see that this is so, you have to walk on the path. The idea of a deluded self is itself the very thing that is seen through.

Ahhh, the devil once again is giving me fools gold. What I think Truth is, is actually Maya.

Thankyou for your compassionate words winterknight. 

@winterknight

16 minutes ago, winterknight said:

You are trying to free others but it doesn't sound like you have freed yourself yet. Why not focus on that? When you succeed, you will automatically help the others around you. Again, I strongly recommend therapy. Google "psychoanalytic institute <your city>" call any institute that comes up, and ask for a referral.

Yeah good point, I do have a bit of a 'saviour' complex, probably as a distraction from doing work on myself. It also stems from hating to see people suffer. If they have some knowledge of spiritual concepts (on say an Eckhart Tolle forum) I usually spout off a load of spiritual cliches at them and they reward me with a thumbs up for using the right labels. They probably think 'yeah, that sounds deep and spiritual, it must be true (even if I don't get it) and nobodies any wiser. I'll put a stop to this now and focus on myself  

I'd love a piece of that psychodynamic pie but I'm out of work at the moment. I'm assuming it costs a buck or two. 

Thank you for taking all this time to help us and answer questions

Edited by Wisebaxter

7 minutes ago, Outer said:

Am I vision?

I'm not sure what you're asking here...

8 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Ahhh, the devil once again is giving me fools gold. What I think Truth is, is actually Maya.

Thankyou for your compassionate words winterknight. 

Glad to be of help.

7 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

@winterknight

I'd love a piece of that psychodynamic pie but I'm out of work at the moment. I'm assuming it costs a buck or two. 

Actually it may well qualify you for low-fee therapy. Google that psychoanalytic institute and let them know. Some of them even have analysis with candidates (smart people who are in training and who are being supervised by experienced analysts), and if you are unemployed, the rates can be very low indeed.

Why does it seem so difficult to awaken, I do the inquiry and it seems like I realize my true nature for a moment but it goes right back again, completely out of my control. I just become aware of consciousness and that the thought is in consciousness, but nothing happens, again I am the thought or the emotion or my vision as that's at least what the type of thought I have imply.

@winterknight

5 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Actually it may well qualify you for low-fee therapy. 

Cool, I've found a website already and they do have reduced rates for people in my position. Thanks man! 

12 minutes ago, Outer said:

Why does it seem so difficult to awaken, I do the inquiry and it seems like I realize my true nature for a moment but it goes right back again, completely out of my control. I just become aware of consciousness and that the thought is in consciousness, but nothing happens, again I am the thought or the emotion or my vision as that's at least what the type of thought I have imply.

Yeah, unfortunately it's a struggle until it isn't. It's because of the intense power of built-up mental habits. They drag you back again and again.

It's good that you feel you are touching your true nature for a moment. That means you are making progress. It will get easier. Simply keep at it. The amount of time you will be able to stay in that "true nature" will get longer and longer over time.

Edited by winterknight

1 hour ago, Outer said:

Because you are still convinced you are right in some way. You are afraid to let go of your beliefs as it is the only thing you have left. You have to let go of everything with which you identify.

You could be awakened in 2 hours from now if you would read the entire website http://www.foundationsofhumanlife.com

But you aren't going to are you? Because you believe that what it says on the website isn't true or that it does not apply to you because... (Fill it in). What you are going to fill in, is what is holding you back.

P.s. my words are meant to hurt, if you are agitated by them the more they apply to you. You will not get awakened by having people patting you on the back.

Edited by Emanyalpsid

If I observe the world without perceiving objects (naming them) and having thoughts, is this basically a state of non-duality? Or is there something more to it? 

29 minutes ago, Outer said:

18 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Yeah, unfortunately it's a struggle until it isn't. It's because of the intense power of built-up mental habits. They drag you back again and again.

We may soon see that every action we take is a reaction itself. This reaction goes unnoticed. We are unaware from moment to moment this movement/process of the cycle of thought/emotion and how that process feeds itself. So every action self takes to end itself is actually sustaining itself. The question is whether we can identify what is happening when it is happening. If there is awareness of that movement/process thought will see it as dangerous and not move in that direction. This non psychological movement is the result of intelligence. Intelligent action stops that psychological movement of reaction to thought/emotion from recycling itself. 

Edited by Jack River

5 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

If I observe the world without perceiving objects (naming them) and having thoughts, is this basically a state of non-duality? Or is there something more to it? 

Well, it's really no more or less a state of nonduality than naming objects and having thoughts. Nonduality is seeing that these are the same -- seeing for yourself, directly in your own experience.

On 09/11/2018 at 8:13 PM, Salvijus said:

People say enlightenment is the end of suffering. 

If somebody kicked you in the balls, how would you react to that?

@Salvijus i think it's like when u cut yourself but don't realise for a moment, and only when you look at the cut does it begin to matter, before that point of realisation, you might experience a kind of "cool" sensation where u cut yourself. I think enlightenment is being able to experience pain, realising that it's not pain. Which enables one to look at the cut and still not feel the pain anyway...

12 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Well, it's really no more or less a state of nonduality than naming objects and having thoughts. Nonduality is seeing that these are the same -- seeing for yourself, directly in your own experience.

Ok that's interesting. Can you describe in words, the nature of that seeing, what it feels or looks like to you? Is it a conceptual thing, a feeling, a knowing?