winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, winterknight said:

I'm reporting you to the time police, of course

Said the enlightened guy. Haha, no offence.

7 minutes ago, Hima Izumi said:

With abiding as awareness I mean being aware of awareness. being aware of the "I AM".

Ok, so technically one cannot be aware of awareness. This is just being aware of the thought "I am aware." Not quite the same thing. You are awareness; you cannot be aware of it.

"Abiding in awareness" as you describe it is not a bad thing -- it can be a useful practice to concentrate the mind -- but it is not the same as self-inquiry or surrender. Those are the only "practices" that effectively clear away ignorance, since they go deeper and deeper and eventually destroy even themselves.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

3 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Ok, so technically one cannot be aware of awareness. This is just being aware of the thought "I am aware." Not quite the same thing. You are awareness; you cannot be aware of it.

"Abiding in awareness" as you describe it is not a bad thing -- it can be a useful practice to concentrate the mind -- but it is not the same as self-inquiry or surrender. Those are the only "practices" that effectively clear away ignorance, since they go deeper and deeper and eventually destroy even themselves.

How do you surrender in a practical way?

@winterknight

What is your view on music? How do i become one with music? I want to express myself with music and experience music while listening to it with all my hearth. Please tell, how do i accomplish it?

3 minutes ago, Hima Izumi said:

How do you surrender in a practical way?

You can start with consciously performing actions while mentally attempting to let go of the results -- have the attitude "whatever happens, happens." This is called karma yoga in Hinduism.

Over time, give up desire more and more. Give up the desires for pleasure, for fame, for reward, for other people to be different, for yourself to be different, for your feelings and thoughts to be different. If you are unable to give up something, give up the desire to change that. Just let it be.

Ultimately you should give up thinking. Stop putting in any effort to think. Go slack. Utterly relax. You won't be able to, but do as much and as well as you can. 

In the end, you will have to give up your idea of "practicality." That will have to be surrendered. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Can't give up control and insist that things stay comfortable. 

Don't worry, though. You will still do what you need to do, but what you need to do may be different than what you think you need to do.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

On 2018/11/10 at 0:27 PM, Leo Gura said:

@winterknight

I have grown tired of these arrogant enlightened folks coming here and acting like know-it-all jerks.

I should study boardly and improve myself more. I feel shame. 

8 hours ago, Yonkon said:

@winterknight

What is your view on music? How do i become one with music? I want to express myself with music and experience music while listening to it with all my hearth. Please tell, how do i accomplish it?

Music is a beautiful art form. If you want to become one with music, immerse yourself in it. Study it deeply. Hang around great musicians -- both teachers and peers -- as much as you possibly can. Learn, practice, perform, and experiment. The more time, effort, attention, and dedication you lavish on it, the closer you will become to it.

It is not core to enlightenment, except that with it you might be able to obtain some glimpses of the spiritual truth which will motivate you.

Oh, and it can be a wonderful way of expressing your feelings and in so doing quieting your mind, which is also helpful for the spiritual journey.

Finally if you really deeply care about music, it is important that you are honest with yourself about this fact and pursue it. But if you think you are, but find yourself not investing consistent time, energy, effort, and attention on it... then you might be mistaken. You might be telling yourself you care a lot about it when you don't. Watch what you actually do.

Overall, becoming one with music is not really my area of expertise, though. Perhaps you should ask a great musician this question.

Edited by winterknight

On 11/9/2018 at 8:20 PM, Leo Gura said:

Why is there something rather than nothing?

CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THIS PLS. Did god got bored?  Everything is the same as nothing!!! but why is there something then? 

leo pls look into godhead again and tell yourself (us)

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

14 minutes ago, UDT said:

CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THIS PLS. Did god got bored?  Everything is the same as nothing!!! but why is there something then? 

I answered this in the post directly below the one you quote. I wrote:

”Oh, very good question. Is there something? Who says that there is something?”

If you want to understand more deeply than this, you’ll have to follow the path of self-inquiry. The truth about these issues cannot really be stated in words. 

4 hours ago, winterknight said:

Yup.

I knew I were on to something. Thank you! ?

11 hours ago, UDT said:

I have already told you. Something and nothing look identical. Everything you see is nothing.

You must awaken to the fact that zero = infinity.

God didn't get bored per se. That's just a cute metaphor. The more accurate explanation is that God simply IS. It is zero, it is infinity. God isn't really doing anything per se, God is just being God, and so it IS the whole world you encounter. God creates directly by BEING. God does not need a mechanism for creation. It's totally effortless and direct. There isn't a process, it's just pure materialization from thin air using God's infinite will, because God is all-powerful it can do that.

Another way to phrase it it is: nothing have ever happened. Which is identical to saying everything happened all at once. A good metaphor for it is that it's like a giant cosmic explosion frozen in time. Since time is part of the creative explosion. It's an infinite creative explosion spreading out in infinite directions without beginning or end.

To understand this you must inquire not only Who am I? but What is reality? What is existence? You must awaken to what reality is. Of course reality is you. But WHAT IS IT??? Why is it here? How did it get here? And where is here?

All of the above can be answered and understood, Absolutely.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@winterknight i just wanted to say thank you for all the help you've given me, 

i finished the self- inquiry process 

@winterknight Hi. Some years ago there was the realisation here that there was no I. But this didn't result in any awakening or the like, although it changed the experience a bit in which it's clear there is no self.
I've read you talking about that realising there is no self dissolves all trouble or identification. Are you talking about the same realisation or a deeper one? If deeper, then how would I pursue this, any ideas? Thank you :-)

2 hours ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight i just wanted to say thank you for all the help you've given me, 

i finished the self- inquiry process 

Who finished it?

57 minutes ago, Waken said:

@winterknight Hi. Some years ago there was the realisation here that there was no I. But this didn't result in any awakening or the like, although it changed the experience a bit in which it's clear there is no self.
I've read you talking about that realising there is no self dissolves all trouble or identification. Are you talking about the same realisation or a deeper one? If deeper, then how would I pursue this, any ideas? Thank you :-)

Yes, what you're calling the "realisation here that there was no I" -- if it doesn't result in profound peace -- then it is merely an intellectual idea. That's not a bad start, but it is not enough.

If you want to go deeper, follow the path.