winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, SerpaeTetra said:

Which/If any of the body's five senses are used at the time of enlightenment?  I understand there is something beyond words that can't be explained with human language.

None

29 minutes ago, Kiko said:

Does conscious actions are spiritual practices?

I don't understand. Can you rephrase this?

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

10 hours ago, purerogue said:

I am dying, from laughter! :D 

Not surprising.

8 hours ago, Jkris said:

@thesmileyone I was madly comparing several cars features specifications mileage service cost discount offers and had to take user feedback 

Confusion axiety frustration before comming to a final conclusion. Was wondering how the enlightened would deal this. ???

Hence the question.

7 hours ago, winterknight said:

I don't really answer questions about my experience cuz it's misleading.

How convienient...

50 minutes ago, thesmileyone said:

Not surprising.

Hence the question.

How convienient...

If it makes you feel better, there's no particularly enlightened way of buying a car that's any better than any other way of buying a car. 

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

the "i" is the one who is detached from the whole of reality 

basically everything that exists EVERYTHING its is not that "i" 

but the remaining "i" left over 

awareness of nothing happening 

silence 

Edited by Aakash

@winterknight hey

just posting here... wanna get this thought out

often times, i find myself wanting to ask a question / post a new thread/topic about that question

and then as i am writing it, i see (or ask) myself... who is really the asker/author of this question

and the answer which is seen is the mind/ego

so, with that knowing alone, the question sort of seems pointless and dissolves... not in the answer to that question, but rather in the knowing that the questions are infinte and never ending.. and asking this question, whatever it maybe, will not change anything one bit. it will not bring me any closer or farther away to the truth than i already am...

but at one point, asking questions did seemingly bring me closer to the truth..

when can one really know when that point of inflection has occured? (now i am having the same thought about this question i have asked :D ) it is the mind asking :D lol

wow.

strange loop within describing of a strange loop.

i will just post this now :D

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

4 hours ago, winterknight said:

If it makes you feel better, there's no particularly enlightened way of buying a car that's any better than any other way of buying a car. 

That doesn't answer my question at all.

As jkris points out

I was madly comparing several cars features specifications mileage service cost discount offers and had to take user feedback 

Confusion axiety frustration before comming to a final conclusion.

Can be the "normal" way of making a decision for unenlightened people.

So

there's no particularly enlightened way of buying a car that's any better than any other way of buying a car. 

Doesn't seem to click does it?

See this is the thing you come here, claim to be enlightened, but you swerve any actual questions that would validate or invalidate your experience. Which begs the question, obviously, are you enlightened or do you just claim to be, and if you just claim to be, how fruitful is 159 pages of "advice"?

10 minutes ago, thesmileyone said:

See this is the thing you come here, claim to be enlightened, but you swerve any actual questions that would validate or invalidate your experience. Which begs the question, obviously, are you enlightened or do you just claim to be, and if you just claim to be, how fruitful is 159 pages of "advice"?

Right, because those who consider themselves unenlightened are not in any position to 'validate' or 'invalidate' another's 'enlightenment status,' and providing information for that purpose would really be feeding rather foolish ideas. What they should do is see whether a particular teacher makes logical sense, can answer questions, and is connected with a sense of peace for them. And if not, they should go find someone else.

1 hour ago, SoonHei said:

@winterknight (now i am having the same thought about this question i have asked :D ) it is the mind asking :D lol

wow.

strange loop within describing of a strange loop.

Well I think you're answering your own question here :)

@winterknight yes. i hope that's a good thing? i seem to be answering most myself :| 

although... it is always myself who answers all of my questions anyways ;)

Edited by SoonHei
add line

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@winterknight

How did 'I' ever come into existence/being in the first place?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

4 hours ago, winterknight said:

If you look deeply into it, you will have the answer to your question.

Will do. Thanks for everything

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

On 4/3/2019 at 9:45 AM, Aakash said:

the "i" is the one who is detached from the whole of reality 

basically everything that exists EVERYTHING its is not that "i" 

but the remaining "i" left over 

awareness of nothing happening 

silence 

I see now on other threads that you are clearly still searching. Do you see how your self-inquiry could not possibly be over, then? Self-inquiry must proceed until all these doubts are utterly destroyed.

13 minutes ago, winterknight said:

I see now on other threads that you are clearly still searching. Do you see how your self-inquiry could not possibly be over, then? Self-inquiry must proceed until all these doubts are utterly destroyed.

There is no other way.

The more I do self-inquiry, the more I see that literally everything is just more distraction. Any thought, fear, doubt, desire, reluctance however grand or shallow, it's not it.

The mind is such as a tricky thing. The moment it creates a maze, it gets lost into it obliviously.

It boils down to 2 choice really. In or out. Self inquiry or more monkey chatter.

Winternight, how were you able to pull this off? Did you only do the formal technique of self-inquiry in the final 1 year for the first time? Or were you trying for years and in the final year it really had the traction?

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@winterknight yeah i see where i went wrong .. when asked who is the one asking 

saying i is the one who is everything or coming up with a written answer is just the activity of the mind 

which i didn't realise i was witness to 

so it was a fake finishing using words, i didn't actually experience it in my direct experience 

i have gone deeper though since i've taken myself off this belief track and understood the importance of holding the "i" but its really difficult when there is nothing in me that represents me , the only way i can express it was , it was like smoke inside my body, except the smoke was not in the material world

then there was this kinda world  started to form after i focused more where i was in a constant state of experiencing things, detached from what ever was happening in my body. 

but i still have doubts, so its as you said i will continue until i'm sure, plus i've kinda started enjoy doing it, 

do most people normally do self-inquiry with their eyes open or closed? before this i was doing a neti neti style self-inquiry but then i realised the limitations of it if you don't know what to think is you next, its like a methodical approach. whilst this time, i just hold onto what i feel is I and just inquiring into where it is, what is it, and whom. the neti neti style i did with my eyes open and normal self-inquiry i do with my eyes closed. 

@Aakash

Reading your posts, I assume that you have am incessant fascination of trying to describe yourself or Reality with models, words and intelleculization.

Haven't you had enough?

Can you open yourself up to a possibility that you can never 'know' yourself through an act of knowing or understanding, yet you will be 100% yourself?

Are you okay with being yourself as you really are without knowing about it or any desire to understand it?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom i don't do it to see if i'm correct and its the final reality 

i do it because if the other person can understand it and be like yeah i know what you mean, here s where you go next 

or  so the other person can tell me if i'm wrong 

but yeah ive given up with intellectualising, i'm happy with where i'm at. just doing the practices only now

Edited by Aakash

1 minute ago, Aakash said:

@Preetom i don't do it to see if i'm correct and its the final reality 

i do it because if the other person can understand it and be like yeah i know what you mean, here s where you go next 

or  so the other person can tell me if i'm wrong 

So you are ultimately relying on other people's comment to validate whether you've finally got it or not?

would that be something direct or indirect?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

27 minutes ago, Preetom said:

There is no other way.

The more I do self-inquiry, the more I see that literally everything is just more distraction. Any thought, fear, doubt, desire, reluctance however grand or shallow, it's not it.

The mind is such as a tricky thing. The moment it creates a maze, it gets lost into it obliviously.

It boils down to 2 choice really. In or out. Self inquiry or more monkey chatter.

Exactly.

Winternight, how were you able to pull this off? Did you only do the formal technique of self-inquiry in the final 1 year for the first time? Or were you trying for years and in the final year it really had the traction?

So the whole thing was a 20-year process. I view it as all connected. I had to learn Vedanta, initially from a guru -- then from books, and then through lots of experimentation. Then I first encountered Ramana Maharshi 15 years ago, years after I had learned about Vedanta and started practicing it, and even though I only half-understood. I knew he was profound, but I did not comprehend him till a decade later. I probably tried it formally at that time but didn't fully comprehend.

In the meantime, I had to unravel the puzzle of my own personality -- and this is the most individual aspect of the work. My particular psychological and life problems and the particular way I would have to puzzle them out... this was the most critical phase for me. It took a lot of experimenting, thinking, reading, talking to people, trying things, trying other things, thinking more, etc. etc. etc. 

It's a long process of struggle to grow into what you are. At least it was for me.

In a way, it was all self-inquiry, not just the final year when I was doing the formal thing in the Ramana Maharshi style constantly.

Edited by winterknight

@Preetom yup i right until the moment i can't and that would be enlightenment itself, i have a problem of needing to double check against someone elses experience all the time , so i don't get stuck in a ditch and have to spend 2 years lost in a delusion. 

32 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight yeah i see where i went wrong .. when asked who is the one asking 

saying i is the one who is everything or coming up with a written answer is just the activity of the mind 

which i didn't realise i was witness to 

so it was a fake finishing using words, i didn't actually experience it in my direct experience 

i have gone deeper though since i've taken myself off this belief track and understood the importance of holding the "i" but its really difficult when there is nothing in me that represents me , the only way i can express it was , it was like smoke inside my body, except the smoke was not in the material world

Yes, it is difficult. You cannot "hold" the I, really. You are inquiring into the I feeling, dismissing what is an object (body, mind, etc.) if you find yourself feeling the I there. So you are chasing that feeling. If you feel like you are holding something, it is an object, not the I. Notice you are holding it and drop it.

I would strongly recommend reading more. Read Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi. Read the Yoga Vasistha. These will be helpful. These scriptures would do you good, I think.

Edited by winterknight