Seed

Experiencing some really alarming side effects

20 posts in this topic

I am not sure whether I should give the meditation a break...  I am not doing anything hardcore, just a combination of light inquiry, 'do nothing' and mindfulness - throughout the day. The meditation sits are never more than 20 minutes.

The last couple of days, I feel like i have become over alert and sensitive to sensory perceptions.

It's not pleasant but I am also not freaking  out, I am baring with it... however, I keep seeing 'falseness' in front of me.  I say 'see' and not 'feel' because it's beyond a feeling. It is like I can literally put my hand through my external world and tear it down. As if throwing a stone into a reflection in a pond and watching it disappear. 

I have it when I am driving, which is what is worrying me. I have moments where I just feel like, although my senses are heightened, colours a brighter, sounds are louder - emotions and thoughts are stronger...  that there is nothing there. Nothing of substance. Nothing happening. 

So, back to the beginning - should I have a break? Any advice on how to cope when driving, working etc.. I don't want to go mad. :-( Thank you

EDIT: also experiencing headaches and nausea.

Edited by Seed

Maybe take a break, maybe make your techniques very simple, such as just relaxing as Leo's new video is.

Isnt this what you want with meditation? To see the emptiness inherent in reality? These dont seem like sideeffects to me, although the headache and nausea definitely are. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Seed I also experience this type of thing. Part of my journey has been learning how to develop the skill. There are a few mental states, like radical empathy, I'd like to be able to turn on or off. Kind of like astral projection. I wouldn't want to suddenly astral project while driving on a highway.

@Seed Tone it down to like 5 minutes no need to throw away your momentum/streak out the window : /

Maybe I would change my mind if I experienced what you're describing for myself, but as a kneejerk opinion, there's no way I would stop meditating at that point. I might even increase my times.

6 hours ago, Seed said:

however, I keep seeing 'falseness' in front of me. 

@Seed That's progress belive it or not. Welcome it.  You are seeing through the vail of self and moving into something much bigger.

Break through it and you will find great compassion for the limited self..

But know that you are not that. You are the absolute that surrounds the limited you.

I'm not good with putting it into words but, I JUST HAD A BREAKTHROUGH. What I say is truth with a capital "T". Fresh off the vine.:)

I'm not this. I am that! This is the realization.

The greatest gift one can give themself is the freedom to move beyond the self.

@Seed That's nonduality!

Enjoy ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura is this like the beginning phase of nonduality for this individual? is this what it felt like for you?

Go full throttle on Breath. When you feel attacked you go offensive. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

2 hours ago, Mezanti said:

@Leo Gura is this like the beginning phase of nonduality for this individual? is this what it felt like for you?

Well, it does vary from person to person, but yeah, that's generally how it feels. You start to feel like you're inside a dream, everything is consciousness, and you are God looking through your own eyes.

What once felt like a solid, heavy, material, physical reality now feels like an airy, intelligent, living, fluid field of spirit.

Your body just becomes an extension of your mind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I've noticed that recently I became so sensitive to movies and music that I can barely hold my tears even while watching some cartoons. If I would read or watch Lord of the Rings now, I'd cry almost non stop.

Nowadays I want to cry when anything reminds me of:

• Hero's Journey
  • Self sacrifice
  • Mission that is higher than your personal interests
  • Following your passion
  • Overcoming fears and limiting beliefs
  • Cutting through majority's delusions

Before I have never been noticing how many stories, music, art projects, movies have these motives in them.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, it does vary from person to person, but yeah, that's generally how it feels. You start to feel like you're inside a dream, everything is consciousness, and you are God looking through your own eyes.

What once felt like a solid, heavy, material, physical reality now feels like an airy, intelligent, living, fluid field of spirit.

Your body just becomes an extension of your mind.

Isn't it harder for you to operate in your day to day life in that mode? 

I imagine it's harder to read a book when consciousness is morphing around you all the time. 

I no longer see stuff around me as physical and this change of paradigm starts to alter reality itself for me. It stars to become more fluid and I did not know this was how other people felt too.

How do you maintain the day to day operations when everything becomes less solid? People who work with heavy machines in factories I figure should see things as physical, otherwise you maybe cut a finger off eventually. 

Am I making the assumption that this paradigm and mode of operation makes you less instead of more stable? 

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

Thank you much for all the responses - very reassuring. I didn't expect so many!!!

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Seed That's nonduality!

Enjoy ;)

It's funny, I didn't expect it to be so 'empty' I'm also not a 'non duality' seeker, as you call it. Hence, the very light meditation practices.... but conciousness/awarness and wisdom are my highest values. So I guess that's the path I am on. I don't 'try', but also don't 'avoid' awakening experiences... I'm just working on raising my awareness in all the facets of  life. 

18 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

Go full throttle on Breath. When you feel attacked you go offensive. 

What is Breath? 

7 hours ago, Mezanti said:

@Seed how long have you been meditating? 

I've been meditating for about 18 months, but always been a contemplative person.. ever since I was tiny. I've never quite believed in it all.

When I was a kid, I used to see swirls and spirals make up my whole visionary field and know intuitively that it was all 'god' I would also say my name over and over again, asking who I was - to myself. I now realise I was doing 'self inquiry'

I feel like when I am having it (it comes in waves, when it wants to), and there's no convincing myself to have it, it just comes out the blue. And when it does, I feel as I said, like a reflection in a pond, there and not, in one instance. I have work to do at the moment, so I am hoping it passes as  it does make me struggle to focus. I just want to melt away into it all?!?

Edited by Seed

I have experienced the same after 5 months of 20 minutes meditation. I got so scared. Stopped meditation. But returned to meditation after 5 months. Because I developed a little bit trust :) still get scared though