Barna

Why is it that almost nobody is teaching about courage?

39 posts in this topic

Society and spirituality is teaching about how to be safe. Why isn't almost anybody teaching us to be courageous? 

Almost nobody is recommending courageous acts because those are not safe, because courageous acts are irresponsible, and you shouldn't go against the odds, and you shouldn't risk your life and so on. 

We have a word for courageous people, we call them stupid. 

Why is it that we value safety more than courage? What is this strange feeling in us when somebody is recommending us not to be safe? What is it in us that wants to survive so badly? 

Think about it. Like children wonder about these stuff :)

You gotta protect that sweet false self.

So you can't be courageous, because it would imply looking at your own shit ! Which means self-reflection, which means realizing you lie to yourself all the time !

Or it imply helping someone you don't know, how could you do that if you fundamentally think you are separate from that person ?

Why would you do that ?

You stupid ?!

???

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Courage is not a lack of fear. Courage is action in the face of fear.
What spirituality is about is dissolving that which we fear for. Ourselves.
Enlightened being neither fears, nor acts courageously. It simply is.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Shin @Metody courage maybe somehow fell out of the gene pool :D

@cetus56 Leo is always an exception :) 

@tsuki I don't know how to answer you. Should I also tell you something unrelated to your post? :D I don't know whether enlightened people feel fear or not. I'm not enlightened.  

@Serotoninluv surrender is a good move when one perceives himself as a victim. Surrender lets the victim to become one with the situation. But how do we use surrender when we perceive ourselves as a creator? 

ON COURAGE

Courage comes from letting go of Ego paradoxically.  Courage just is being 100% honest all time.  Courage is no bullsh*t.  When you realize Maya can't hurt you, all fear is lost.  The more you need courage is the more you're attached to Ego.  The most courageous thing you can do is not lie.  When you realize Ego is illusory and can't hurt you, you're not gonna cow-tow to it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Osho wrote a nice little book about courage.

“Spontaneousness is thought to be madness. Formalities are thought to be sanity. Just the opposite is the reality.” 
― Osho, Courage: The Joy of Living Dangerously

Confucius say, to learn courage, place hand in front of crocodile.

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Barna

Deconstruct the apriori I and there is no fear, because there is no second thing, or “thing” other than being, and therefore no remaining falsity, no “thing” which could be feared. The only service of courage, is to deconstruct what creates the fear, implying any need for courage. There was no fear when you were one. You added it. Look within, look into how this was accomplished. Look into ‘your’ birth.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 9/14/2018 at 5:22 PM, Barna said:

Society and spirituality is teaching about how to be safe. Why isn't almost anybody teaching us to be courageous? 

Almost nobody is recommending courageous acts because those are not safe, because courageous acts are irresponsible, and you shouldn't go against the odds, and you shouldn't risk your life and so on. 

We have a word for courageous people, we call them stupid. 

Why is it that we value safety more than courage? What is this strange feeling in us when somebody is recommending us not to be safe? What is it in us that wants to survive so badly? 

Think about it. Like children wonder about these stuff :)

THis is funny, btw HEY Barna friend I missed you! <3 :D

I for one have always had an innate courage to face anything or anyone, even when I was really young. I remember being bullied or threatened by others feeling totally unphased by their behavior. Around the age like 9 or 10 there were even some gipsy kids running towards me on my way to school kicking me with their bare feet and I was just totally calm and collected, kind of aware that they cant and dont even want to hurt me.

And paradoxically, I have had some really really deep feelings of unsafety in my body. The courage is to be courageous to face the sensation of being unsafe, or the sensation of fear. 

Every act of aggression or manipulation towards another person is coming out of a fundamental sense of unsafety. It is not lack of courage, it is lack of safety. Courage is something that allows us to find safety, through facing fear and unsafe sensations. :-) 

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@Barna Heyy you have 444 posts right now! Lets go synchronistic universe bring us some treats! :D

15 hours ago, Barna said:

@Serotoninluv surrender is a good move when one perceives himself as a victim. Surrender lets the victim to become one with the situation. But how do we use surrender when we perceive ourselves as a creator? 

I encourage you to experience ego death to better understand surrender. Try resisting surrender and see how it goes for you.

Some of you view courage as the feeling or attitude that goes against fear. Maybe "courage" is the wrong word and that's where the misunderstanding is coming from.

The courage I'm talking about doesn't go against anything. When I say courage, I mean the freedom to do anything. For me, courage is the freedom to express my deepest, most authentic self in a given situation. Or the freedom to choose the lifestyle that most fits my deepest desires.

In my mind, courage comes with the realization that nothing can hurt me because I'm not in this world. More like this world is in me, because the consciousness that I am creates the experience I'm having. 

"There was no fear when you were one. You added it." @Nahm, this is beautiful. :) 

Hey @Martin123 , I think you understand me. The courage to fight back the bullies is not the deepest courage. The courage I'm talking about is the courage to love the bullies, the courage to let yourself feel compassion towards them. 
And now I just ruined the 444 :D 

@Serotoninluv I had a few 5meo breakthroughs and in my experience, surrender is only the first part of the absolute self-realization. The first seconds or minute is about surrendering and letting myself to speed towards infinity. However, the second part starts when I realize that I'm absolutely safe because I am the one who creates the whole experience. In this part, I'm not surrendering to Infinity because I am Infinity. So I start to intentionally accelerate the vibration to experience even more fully the perfection of what I am. In this state there is no surrender, there's only creating, and that creating comes from being infinite. This creation is what requires courage. It is the courage to be absolutely free and infinite. :) 

2 minutes ago, Barna said:

@Serotoninluv I had a few 5meo breakthroughs and in my experience, surrender is only the first part of the absolute self-realization. The first seconds or minute is about surrendering and letting myself to speed towards infinity. However, the second part starts when I realize that I'm absolutely safe because I am the one who creates the whole experience. In this part, I'm not surrendering to Infinity because I am Infinity. So I start to intentionally accelerate the vibration to experience even more fully the perfection of what I am. In this state there is no surrender, there's only creating, and that creating comes from being infinite. This creation is what requires courage. It is the courage to be absolutely free and infinite. :) 

For sure. And if someone refused to surrender prior to breakthrough there can be a terrible struggle. Once the ego surrenders, it becomes a mute point - because as you can attest there is no ego on the other side to surrender.

@Serotoninluv I agree. I think surrender and courage are equally important, they are like breathing out and breathing in. Like relaxing and then taking action. But they are also somehow interwoven because I can have the courage to surrender, but I can also surrender to courage, to the freedom that I am. :) 

23 minutes ago, Barna said:

Hey @Martin123 , I think you understand me. The courage to fight back the bullies is not the deepest courage. The courage I'm talking about is the courage to love the bullies, the courage to let yourself feel compassion towards them. 
And now I just ruined the 444

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Happy face :-) 

The key to Courage is Cowardness. 

Like an addict to something, has to admit he/she is an addict. One has to admit full Cowerdness in order to move on and discover real Courage. 

The most powerful motivator in life is going into hopelessness, hope is a mistake. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.