Enlightenment

Ranking of the best psychedelics for consciousness work

10 posts in this topic

I know some people are going to say that those drugs listed are very different than 5-MeO-DMT, and it's true, there seem to be nothing like 5-MeO-DMT receptor and experience wise, but I think its valuable to know which ones are closest anyway.

Based on Thomas Ray's research, what it takes to have a high chance for ego death/experiencing absolute infinity is a strong activation of serotonin-7 and low activation of serotonin-2 at the same time, because serotonin-2 loads "mental organs" into consciousness and because of that self tends to not dissolve.

1)  5-MeO-DMT (obviously) 
     It has a very high affinity for 5-HT7 and lowest (imperceptible) affinity for 5-HT2

2)  LSD
    It has a very high affinity for 5-HT7 and also for 5-HT2, however it only activates serotonin-2 0-25% that of almost all other psychedelics, also          I've found at least 4 very high dose trip raports that sounded exactly like a 5-MeO-DMT breakthrough. The problem is that very high doses can      last something crazy like 20h

3/4)  Psilocin (Magic Mushrooms)
      Moderately high affinity for 5-HT7, high affinity for 5-HT2, but only 24-51% activation of 5-HT2

3/4)  5-MeO-MIPT
      Very high affinity for 5-HT7, and moderately high affinity for 5-HT2. Martin Ball considers it to be the second best tool for non-duality work,            but some people claim that it's not that good, I don't know.

5)    DPT, 2C-E, 5-MeO-DIPT, DMT(?)

You can read more about it here

Edited by Enlightenment

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Outer Well, I'm rather referring to how good certain psychedelic is for experiencing a temporary ultimate state that is completely dysfunctional and not like persistent non-dual awareness in daily life (what Eckhart Tolle is talking about). More like a blast to your mind to enable you to see your subconscious aversion, ill will, fears etc.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

Of the ones I’ve tried: (in terms of importance to my awakening)

1. Changa (DMT blend)
  2. Salvia Divinorum 
  3. LSD
  4. Psilocybin Mushrooms
Edited by Joseph Maynor

47 minutes ago, Outer said:

I'd be a bit vary in boiling down such things to receptors, first because I don't think it's true second that the brain is too complicated to do so right now.

It's more interesting to see how pharmacological substances affects the constitutes of the ego/I/self network, the default mode network.

We already know from anecdotes that "no thoughts" is the persistent non-dual awareness state, and that it's been experienced w psychedelics anecdotally. Any drug that can bring that state for one permanently is of interest, with minimal side-effects except the typical of awakening like poorer short-term memory. However psychedelics in my view has a whole load of different effects, depending on which substance, that are irrelevant for this work and in many times can be a distraction. Eckhart Tolle apparently confirmed that LSD was "this state" but a bit jangly and buzzy and wasn't as good, thus had a bunch of side-effects.

LSD is very useful because it takes your mindfulness to a 10.  Plus I’ve never had a bad trip on LSD — it’s always a pleasant, energizing spiritually purifying experience.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Just now, Outer said:

Sure, but I don't think LSD makes people enlightened although they might have an enlightenment experience.

It doesn’t make you Enlightened in one trip but it helps.  Every trip I’ve had on LSD was highly worthwhile with great takeaways.

The type of psychedelic is just one factor. Mindset, setting and dosage are also important factors. As well, each can reveal different aspects of truth. It's weird to say one aspect of truth is "better".

In terms of depth of insight, I would roughly rank them as: (number of trips in parenthesis)

1. 5-meo-dmt (about 10)

2. Ayahuasca ceremonies (3)

3. 4-Aco-dmt (about 30)

4. San Pedro (2)

5. LSD (about 20)

6. A handful of other research chemicals like ALD-52, ETH-LAD, 4-HO-Met etc (about 10)

What put Aya so high, wasn't just the drug effects. The environment of the ceremony added greatly.

59 minutes ago, PsiloPutty said:

@Serotoninluv  Have you never done mushrooms, or did they just not make your insight list?

I did shrooms decades ago when I was a young lad. I know growing shrooms is easy, yet I suck at growing anything and I would probably screw it up.

I did a lot of reading on 4-Aco-dmt and IMO it's close enough to shrooms that I put them in the same category (I know others will disagree. . . ). It's much easier for me to get high quality 4-Aco-dmt than grow shrooms.

2C-B is surprisingly powerful and profound for me.

Although my faves so far are 5-MeO and LSD.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.