Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Green Examples Mega-Thread

2,025 posts in this topic

On 7.10.2020 at 7:03 PM, Forestluv said:

Orange Libertarians may support LGBTQ from a personal-rights, small government ideological position, yet they are not going to *fight* for LGBTQ rights and inclusion. It would simply be on principle. 

Neither Blue nor Orange would value and fight for the inclusion of a marginalized out-group. A good example is Jordan Peterson. He may 'talk' about LGBTQ personal rights in principal, yet he resists the actual inclusion actions to manifest that as reality. They would see the actuality of inclusion and equality as encroaching upon their own personal freedoms to exclude the out-group. 

This is a good point. If you yourself are Gay, you don't need to be Green to fight for your own rights. Otherwise every homosexual person would be stage green.

There is a huge difference for people wanting to give a disadvantaged out-group rights, like a non-LGBTQ person fighting for LGBTQ rights, and someone who simply fights for their own rights, like a LGBTQ person fighting for LGBTQ rights.

LGBTQ can be an individualistic, stage orange pursuit, especially when talking about a person fighting for their own rights and survival, as is depicted in the image you showed.

Also there are contrarian movements that can be lower stage. So I can be for LBGTQ rights just to spite the traditionalist Blue, or to show how I am opposed to them. There can be many things going on that are not due to compassion and empathy towards those who are disadvantaged.

I observed an interesting dynamic in some african americans who are part of Black Lifes Matter. When you confront them about veganism, they will include veganism not because they care about animals, but simply because they want their own pursuit for individualistic values to be recognized. They for example might stop being vegan because the vegans don't support Black Lives Matter. Here you can clearly see that they aren't interested in helping those who are disadvantaged, in this case the animals, but merely use the label to propogate the ideology that will help them gain their own rights. This is a stage orange pursuit, not a stage green pursuit.

Much like a prisoner might be stage red, and stage green might fight for the prisoners rights. Of course the stage red person will agree with it and has been fighting for those rights all along, however that doesn't make them stage green.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

If you are very strong, you also have to be very kind - Pippi Longstocking

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Fellow hippy dippies! What do we make of this?

nakedforclimatechange.png

Quintessential Green

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Here's Mean Green as Ken Wilber refers to it:

12 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Fellow hippy dippies! What do we make of this?

nakedforclimatechange.png

Damn, makes me wanna go visit that nudist beach in my area

This is what I understand is being green. Also This is what I think an Orange person would be like once they turn green. 

@Leo Gura That doesn't sound very "mean green" to me tbh. I was expecting something much worse. Perhaps little disrespectful, especially to the eyes of a blue conservative, but she had a lot of good arguments to make.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

Greta Thunberg. Need we say more? She's like a pure incarnate of Green. There is nothing Orange or Yellow in her, just Green.

It reminds me to ask for the Gods to please never let me become a stereotype of any Spiral stage.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

5 minutes ago, vizual said:

Greta Thunberg. Need we say more? She's like a pure incarnate of Green. There is nothing Orange or Yellow in her, just Green.

It reminds me to ask for the Gods to please never let me become a stereotype of any Spiral stage.

Just watched "I Am Greta" documentary. Very intimate portrait of her journey. Great access by the filmmaker. 

33 minutes ago, vizual said:

How dare you!

How about mean orange? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

A little bit of Green anger towards science. :P 

Bill Nye is tapping into some Green, notice the triggered people in the comments. 

@Rilles Actually, I'm wondering if one really needs to be at stage green to accept the basic science of sex and gender. A scientifically minded, rational person (orange) shouldn't really be triggered by the fact that gender is a spectrum. Getting mad at science when it contradicts traditional world views seems like more of a stage blue thing. But I guess stage green people might be more readily accepting of the idea? I'm not really sure. I'd love to get some input from others on this.

Edited by Peter-Andre

6 minutes ago, Peter-Andre said:

@Rilles Actually, I'm wondering if one really needs to be at stage green to accept the basic science of sex and gender. A scientifically, rational person (orange) shouldn't really be triggered by the fact that gender is a spectrum. Getting mad at science when it contradicts traditional world views seems like more of a stage blue thing. But I guess stage green people might be more readily accepting of the idea? I'm not really sure. I'd love to get some input from others on this.

Good point... Hold my post lightly by your fingertips and do some contemplation on it. I will too. :) These LGBTQ issues are quite difficult. All I know is Blue in 99% hate it. Orange is more difficult to pin-point. 

Edited by Rilles