Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Green Examples Mega-Thread

2,017 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

How is he still alive??? The dude is a living fossil.

We can count ourselves lucky to still have him around. He's a true gem. :)

4 hours ago, EmptyVase said:

We can count ourselves lucky to still have him around. He's a true gem. :)

Cant believe he made Gandhi (1982) with Ben Kingsley, one of my favourite movies, dudes still kickin it

Edit: that was his brother Richard, haha oopsie, cool family anyway

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

He'll be making a nature documentary about himself in that case

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

93 years old. And not done yet lol

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

Be he has strong English genes 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Recently came across this show made by Duncan Trussel and Pendleton Ward (creator of Adventure Time). It's more or less an animated version of Duncan's podcast where he talks about frankly about a host of topics including grief, spirituality, psychedelics...

The context for this clip is Duncan having a Conversation with his mother who was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, knowing this is one of the last conversations he's going to have with her (she passed away before the show went on the air).

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

I’m not sure how to type this one. The Middle East is a different environment than developed countries.

AEDC6FB7-50B1-4A6E-83C1-D499452F01B3.jpeg

3 hours ago, Forestluv said:

I’m not sure how to type this one. The Middle East is a different environment than developed countries.

Lol, and they say Green is "soft" and "emotional". 

@DocWatts 1:22:00 "I'm living and dying consciously, simultaneously." That is powerful.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

11 hours ago, Forestluv said:

I highly doubt these are green. Be careful not to confuse ideology with stages of development.

Glory to Israel

21 minutes ago, Scholar said:

I highly doubt these are green. Be careful not to confuse ideology with stages of development.

Green can be revolutionaries. Probably because they are mixing Red emotion with Green ideology though. Remember, noone is in just one vmeme, were rainbows. 

Edited by Rilles

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

Green can be revolutionaries. Probably because they are mixing Red emotion with Green ideology though. Remember, noone is in just one vmeme, were rainbows. 

Sure, but you don't have to be even close to green to fight for LGBTQ rights.

Glory to Israel

17 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Blue is violently opposed, Orange doesnt care or think its unscientific, its definitely a Green trait. To be so intent on fighting for LGBTQ that you call yourself Queer-Anarchists and make your flag Black/Pink youre definitely in Green territority. Hands dont automatically grow into paws just because youre Green, you can still tap into earlier stages. 

Edited by Rilles

2 hours ago, Scholar said:

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

16 minutes ago, Scholar said:

1 minute ago, Rilles said:

Blue is violently opposed, Orange doesnt care or think its unscientific, its definitely a Green trait. To be so intent on fighting for LGBTQ that you call yourself Queer-Anarchists and make your flag Black/Pink youre definitely in Green territority. 

It could be a nuanced mixture and expression of stages. Not every phenomena is cleanly categorized into a stage. At Tier2 it's ok to have categorical ambiguity and uncertainty. That's part of the curiosity, creativity and exploration. 

I think there is some interesting Green in there, yet it doesn't seem like a clean, traditional pure Green to me. Perhaps because the environment is red/blue centered. 

18 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Just anecdotally, but I happen to know a number of Orange Libertarian types who are totally on board with LGBTQ rights, they just approach the issue differently than someone at Stage Green or Yellow would.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

7 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

It could be a nuanced mixture and expression of stages. Not every phenomena is cleanly categorized into a stage. At Tier2 it's ok to have categorical ambiguity and uncertainty. That's part of the curiosity, creativity and exploration. 

I think there is some interesting Green in there, yet it doesn't seem like a clean, traditional pure Green to me. Perhaps because the environment is red/blue centered. 

And thats where the model crumbles and we realize these are humans with deeply complex values, emotions and backgrounds. :P We can "surface" model though. 

31 minutes ago, Scholar said:

11 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

Just anecdotally, but I happen to know a number of Orange Libertarian types who are totally on board with LGBTQ rights, they just approach the issue differently than someone at Stage Green or Yellow would.

Orange Libertarians may support LGBTQ from a personal-rights, small government ideological position, yet they are not going to *fight* for LGBTQ rights and inclusion. It would simply be on principle. 

Neither Blue nor Orange would value and fight for the inclusion of a marginalized out-group. A good example is Jordan Peterson. He may 'talk' about LGBTQ personal rights in principal, yet he resists the actual inclusion actions to manifest that as reality. They would see the actuality of inclusion and equality as encroaching upon their own personal freedoms to exclude the out-group.