Xin

No results w/ meditation

35 posts in this topic

ive been meditating consistently for like 6-7 months for 20 minutes

I guess i've become more in control of my emotions but im not sure if thats down to meditation.

I've tried guided , mindfulness , do-nothing , observing the breath etc...

is it meant to be like this, are there any results or am i doing something wrong ?

3 hours ago, Xin said:

You are such a miser. Just twenty minutes in twenty-four hours…not even twenty-four minutes!

From my experience with meditation there are times when you sit thoughtless in pure presence even 5 minutes of that when you open our eyes the whole reality/day is vibrating in a blissful and calm way. That is what i call an effective meditation. If you just wake up and seems like normal like before you started meditation then that is ineffective meditation. I usually never stop until i reach at least 5 minutes of no thought/no mind.

Sometimes takes 20 minutes sometimes longer but remember do not TRY or SEARCH for it. Simply Just Be and Surrender to the Universe.

B R E A T H E

@Xin If you havent already, try strong determination sitting. It has shown me great progress. Leo has a good video about it.

Increase the time until you reach one hour everyday and then add strong determination. Remember equanimity! 

9 hours ago, Xin said:

I guess i've become more in control of my emotions but im not sure if thats down to meditation.

It is, for sure... just keep meditating.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

12 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

It is, for sure... just keep meditating.

Exactly. If you spend too much time on here, you get blinded by ABSOLUTE INFINITY and you dismiss the subtle as insignificant. I am working on exact the same thing, wanting something so grand and shocking that I don't see what is directly in front of me...ironically meditations job is to help me see what is directly in front of me.

9 minutes ago, Aimblack said:

Exactly. If you spend too much time on here, you get blinded by ABSOLUTE INFINITY and you dismiss the subtle as insignificant. I am working on exact the same thing, wanting something so grand and shocking that I don't see what is directly in front of me...ironically meditations job is to help me see what is directly in front of me.

That's a powerful insight. It's very true... what we need to learn is to see the subtle, pay attention to those things the ego dismiss as boring...

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

Yeah, keep meditating. Leo has a great video about being patient with results. 

Don't just do sitting practice. meditate during all activity, that means right now.

13 hours ago, Xin said:

I've tried guided , mindfulness , do-nothing , observing the breath etc...

is it meant to be like this, are there any results or am i doing something wrong ?

you say you are more in control of your emotions, admit the results

20 minutes everyday is very good, keep doing that and also try to improve other areas of your life

once things really start accelerating, they really do and there's no going back, enjoy the slowness while its there

when you're really ready for change it will come

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

Only when you will start meditating 80%+ of your awake time, you will see the difference.

20 minutes, 1 hours, are you joking me? Are we playing Solitaire or not?

On 25/04/2018 at 2:58 PM, Quanty said:

Only when you will start meditating 80%+ of your awake time, you will see the difference.

Says who?

I would highly recommend a 10 day Vipassana retreat. There you will learn strong determination sittings and when you get back home, you will be able to meditate longer than 20 min for sure. 

Try Kriya Yoga. It's really powerful.

The problem with "normal" meditation techniques is that they start snowballing only when your practice is around 1.5h-2h daily and you do a few retreats throught the year. Below that I feel like these are mainly sustaining current level of consciousness instead of growing it. Add to it the fact that most people meditate improperly and you end up with mediocre results.

Describe how your meditation session looks like, maybe you are doing something improperly.

Sos for late replies

@Prabhaker  uno what i mean :)

@Power I'll have a look

@Blissout good idea , you mean like mindfulness?

@SaltyMeatballs would like to go on a retreat but im still in highschool lmao 

@cirkussmile thanks

@Girzo I do it in the morning for 20 minutes , i sit down on my carpet and set a timer - usually i take a few deep breaths and get into the present moment to start with and then i go onto the actual technique . What results will even show up? also do you think its okay to split the 20 minutes up like 10 minutes in the morning and 10 in the evening?

@Rilles thanks !

On 4/24/2018 at 4:21 PM, Xin said:

I've been doing the same for two years and I am beginning to notice some improvements in my understanding...

Keep doing it, you are in the right track! Time is an illusion.

^_^

@Xin It's wonderful you are doing this. 

What changes are you seeing so far?

If you are looking for something radical, 20 minutes is not enough. People meditate for many hours. 

If you are looking to be a bit more equanimous, even-minded, calm, focused - then you have a great practice going. Congratulations!?

nothing is anything