Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,126 posts in this topic

Who'se still on the kriya yoga? got the booklist books 5 years in im regularly getting great results.

On 6/26/2023 at 9:21 AM, MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI said:

No he does Steven's. Santatagamana's is extremely watered-down. Steven's + Enimo Nemmis, aided by lahiris commentaries,  is the more complex approach.

Leo's smart.

He does santata gamana as well. For me that stuff enhanced my stevens routine so much.

I love how 5 years later we're just name dropping the book, while 5 years ago Leo was keeping the book title a secret so people would buy the book list. The marketing got to me lmao.

Edited by Cocolove

Any tips on doing kriya supreme fire? I can't do the breath hold for enough time

I can hold my breath normally sometimes for 90 secs but with the bandhas and everything it is really hard

also what's another name for this technique because I can't seem to find anything on it? 

did you have results with it? 

@Ayham No need to do it for that long. You can work up to it if you want but you can get results at shorter time too. For me the technique is crazy strong, I start shaking and get a lot of energy.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

I was into Kriya Yoga a few years ago and completely forget about it.... 
So just get "Kriya Secrets Revealed" and start fresh?

I restarted this year also using first principles analysis. I am on Lesson 27, have yet to completely finish it in one day. It is meant to be done for 6months straight. You must do the night practices even if tired.

Every other lesson I could consistently complete in one go. Lesson #27 requires insane ammounts of willpower. Most people half-ass and don't re-read instructions=no results. Study visuddimagga, vimuttimagga, and abhidhamma/vibhanga for how to properly concentrate.

As for Lesson #33, most don't finish until the end of their lives(retired), or when on retreats.

^ksr, but download 4th Ed as an ebook. He removed 4th Ed. Off Amazon and only has the 5th edition. You need both. Use kriyayogainfo.net for ennimo nemmis' 2023 Ed of kriya yoga synthesis. That book is insane! You will get all you ever wanted.

Edited by MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI

• Feminist 

On 7/26/2023 at 6:59 PM, Shakazulu said:

@Cocolove I’m still on the book :) I even completed all the higher Kriyas

I'm skeptical.

Edited by MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI

• Feminist 

I scrolled through the book a bit and it seems like Kriya Yoga gets really complicated after some time. Seems like a classic case of heavy over-engineering that it would require a big time and energy investment. Not sure if maybe something simpler might get the majority of the results or just psychedelics.

1 hour ago, Psychonaut said:

I scrolled through the book a bit and it seems like Kriya Yoga gets really complicated after some time. Seems like a classic case of heavy over-engineering that it would require a big time and energy investment. Not sure if maybe something simpler might get the majority of the results or just psychedelics.

Listen the book gets increasingly incredibly complex. To the point where you wanna quit. If your serious you'd use first principles and understand the incomprehensible. 

For me there is nothing else in the life worth living for. Consciousness and having a steady sustainable income is all that matters. 

This work is hard work. It's not like the Buddhist ideologies. I love Buddhism but can't stand it's amateur exercises(which still have immense value).

• Feminist 

On 7.7.2023 at 5:01 PM, MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI said:

You need both the 5th and the 4th edition. The 4th edition has incredibly powerful information that is left out in the 5th edition, and vice-versa. 

Control of the vayus is something that will take your kriya to the next level. 

Get 4th as ebook since it's removed from Amazon, purchase 5th edition.

1. Idk why I can't upload photos...

2. The 49 vayus  in lesson 17 does not exist in 4th edition. 

3. A lot is different per chapter, but same structure.

Thanks for the tip. 

How much time did you  spend on each lesson on average for those who already progressed further?

3 hours ago, effortlesslumen said:

Thanks for the tip. 

How much time did you  spend on each lesson on average for those who already progressed further?

It tells you Inside the book how long to do it for. Be careful not to advance to fast as this will cause you to lose enthusiasm. I'm on Lesson 27 which is done for 6 months.

• Feminist 

There is a lot of posts in this topic, so exceptionally, I'll risk asking being spoonfed : are there some ressources, book or videos, that are commonly admitted to be good for total beginners?

(if so, I would suggets maybe adding them at the beginning of this topic or something, so people donc't always ask the same things like I'm doing here)

Edited by BojackHorseman

12 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

@Enlightement @BojackHorseman Kriya Secrets Revealed - J. C. Stevens

There is also a playlist of the lessons https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-Ok8djivmdQbkEntvYR6Uz-9yoRp1k_6

Thanks
What about this one ?

"A Systematic Course in the Ancient Tantric Techniques of Yoga and Kriya"

https://www.amazon.com/Systematic-Course-Ancient-Tantric-Techniques/dp/8185787085/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=kriya+yoga&qid=1690751845&sr=8-1

Almost 1000 pages seems abit daunting, so asking for general opinions around here before considering it