Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,126 posts in this topic

@bazera  Thanks for sharing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I can vouch that being able to put your tongue so far back that it stays in place HELPS REALLY BY A LOT. It’s like thrice as effective.
I have lost the ability though shortly after I stopped practicing daily. It takes constant maintenance for your tongue to stay so stretched

2 minutes ago, Girzo said:

I can vouch that being able to put your tongue so far back that it stays in place HELPS REALLY BY A LOT. It’s like thrice as effective.
I have lost the ability though shortly after I stopped practicing daily. It takes constant maintenance for your tongue to stay so stretched

How long did it take you to develop it?

@Leo Gura I had practiced a full routine for one hour daily twice a day for 6 months. And the few last weeks I had been able to do it. It wasn’t a full stretch, the tongue can go further, but it wasn’t snapping back, it was hurting though a little bit, but totally bearable.

It noticeably changes how the air flows.

Then got like neurological symptoms, I guess this kundalini phenomenon or lacks in diet, and also stomach problems from antibiotics that I had stopped for months and never had the motivation to seriously go back.

I like Iyengar Yoga now, because it works but is not hardcore.

Edited by Girzo

55 minutes ago, Girzo said:

Then got like neurological symptoms, I guess this kundalini phenomenon or lacks in diet, and also stomach problems from antibiotics that I had stopped for months and never had the motivation to seriously go back.

Yeah, my health problems forced me many times to drop off, and then it's hard to restart the habit. Restarting is easier with a simpler stack.

6 month is a lot of work just for the tongue thing to start working. That's not a newbie friendly technique.

Thanks for sharing your results.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura After all, did you find chakra theory to be true? 

All these yogic techniques raise the energy in the body so much, no question about it

When I see some chicks who do precisely kundalini (kriya) yoga over other types of yoga they have so much more clear sexual energy and they themselves seem so horny as well off of doing it all

I could be projecting of course, but all this stuff seems so good for opening up your sexuality. And having better and more energy in general

Edited by Hello from Russia

12 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

did you find chakra theory to be true?

I do not have any direct experience of chakras. Not sure why. Maybe they are not part of my reality or maybe I have not done enough yoga. Perhaps the way it works is that you have to imagine them into existence and I haven't really been interested in that.

When it comes to yoga you guys should not regard me as an expert. My experience of yoga is limited. I provided these Kriya resources because there were no gurus around from whom to learn it. If you want to get serious about yoga you should probably invest the money to seek out an expert.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

The thing is that you kriya yoga book that you recommended in your book list starts off with that tongue up the nose technique very early on in the book, it is one of the first exercises

Talabya Kriya is a warm-up exercise that preceeded Kechari Mudra. You can execute limited-kechari. You don't have to have the tip enter the nasophyranx to be initiated into the higher omkar kriyas.

Edited by MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI

• Feminist 

@MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI What results have you gotten with Kriya and how long have you been doing it?

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I do not have any direct experience of chakras. Not sure why. Maybe they are not part of my reality or maybe I have not done enough yoga. Perhaps the way it works is that you have to imagine them into existence and I haven't really been interested in that.

When it comes to yoga you guys should not regard me as an expert. My experience of yoga is limited. I provided these Kriya resources because there were no gurus around from whom to learn it.

No Imagination. Kutastha is similar to the nimittas of jnanic kasina sadhana. Chakras are perceived in levels. It starts off as sounds they emit(very loud at a haunting distance), or maybe light at kutatha(color), or a vibrational frequency you feel. 

Example: Anahata sounds like someone stomping on your ceiling, drum or gong. 

• Feminist 

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI What results have you gotten with Kriya and how long have you been doing it?

1. Enhanced willpower and capacities, clarity of perception, siddhis(still refining), decreased sleep, rapid insights, bodily bliss, removed Karma in extreme ways. Kriya on psychedelics brought certain degrees of consciousness about. 

2. Started kriya last year 

• Feminist 

10 minutes ago, MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI said:

1. Enhanced willpower and capacities, clarity of perception, siddhis(still refining), decreased sleep, rapid insights, bodily bliss, removed Karma in extreme ways. Kriya on psychedelics brought certain degrees of consciousness about. 

2. Started kriya last year

Well, maybe that will motivate some folks here to get more serious about Kriya.

On 8/2/2023 at 4:47 AM, Shakazulu said:

@martins name never really told anyone this story but since you are curious:

one day I was practicing Kriya yoga in my basement with the lights off and I went into a very concentrated level of breathing, a breath so effortless that I seen a path of white light that is colourful similar to UV rays going across the room then centimetres away from me I see the face of some sort of entity looking at me then it shined a red light at my forehead and disappeared. 

That's cool but I'm mainly interested in emotional and spiritual benefits. I have a theory that most kriya bans don't measure their progress by what they should, which is stillness of the mind and bliss. Personally, I've never experienced anything crazy like that, but I'd like to. But the reason I do kriya is because of the bliss it gives me.

13 hours ago, Girzo said:

I can testify to this. It's a natural high. It stimulates the nervous system in a way that makes you very relaxed in the body and mind and gives a euphoric sweet feeling. It's the biggest life hack that no one knows. I so enjoy people's reactions when I tell them about it.

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Not lifting right now but I wanna get back into it.

Isn't cardio just better for health? It's also easier to get into. Also if you lift and try to build muscles you need to eat more which would strain your stomach. You don't need to eat that much to gain cardiovascular health. Big biceps looks good but I doubt they give health benefits. What the heck does a modern person need muscles for outside of core strength? Speaking as someone who used to be a buff gym rat and then couldn't work out for years of gut-related health problems who've just begun to run.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

1 hour ago, martins name said:

Isn't cardio just better for health? It's also easier to get into. Also if you lift and try to build muscles you need to eat more which would strain your stomach. You don't need to eat that much to gain cardiovascular health. Big biceps looks good but I doubt they give health benefits. What the heck does a modern person need muscles for outside of core strength? Speaking as someone who used to be a buff gym rat and then couldn't work out for years of gut-related health problems who've just begun to run.

Lifting is one of the best exercises for health of the body. It keeps everything strong. Especially as one gets older. There's been lots of research on this. For me lifting is not about the muscles. I don't get big muscles anyway from lifting because that's not my body type. I look lean even if I lift a lot.

I have restarted cardio lately. Ideally I wanna do some of both.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, martins name said:

I can testify to this. It's a natural high. It stimulates the nervous system in a way that makes you very relaxed in the body and mind and gives a euphoric sweet feeling. It's the biggest life hack that no one knows. I so enjoy people's reactions when I tell them about it.

How long did it take you to get the tongue up your nose?

I think this thread is getting somewhere. I can also be clear. Kriya yoga is the most important and influential thing I have done in my life. Absolutely life transforming but it took over a year to notice benefits and then it snowballed into something incredible.

@Leo Gura There is a book by SantataGamana that he released lately. He reviews in it many kryia Yoga books and techniques, pros and cons of each one and his personal rating for it. He then discusses his own way of doing Kryia. I really liked it, it was simple and direct.

The main book that you have in your booklist was quite overwhelming.

There is another free book online. And it was good too. Santata reviewed it and gave it a very good rating. I will see if I can get it name

PS: found the book, it is called Kriya Yoga: a synthesis of personal experience. It is totally free, so I will put a link for it.

https://ia902801.us.archive.org/31/items/SynthesisOfAPersonalExperienceByEnnioNimis2018/Synthesis_of_a_Personal_Experience_by_Ennio Nimis_(2018).pdf

Screenshot_20230806-024008_Edge.jpg

Edited by LSD-Rumi

1 hour ago, Anon212 said:

I think this thread is getting somewhere. I can also be clear. Kriya yoga is the most important and influential thing I have done in my life. Absolutely life transforming but it took over a year to notice benefits and then it snowballed into something incredible.

What benefits have you seen?

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

The main book that you have in your booklist was quite overwhelming.

Which is why I have the others.