Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,126 posts in this topic

@MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI The "fail until you figure it out" attitude doesn't work in yoga unfortunately unless you're naive enough to ignore the risk of having irreversible energetic issues in that pursuit.

It is like giving a child a loaded gun and telling it to figure out how the gun works without taking into account that the child might shoot itself.

Unless you figure out the energetic aspect of spiritual pursuit you will be spinning your wheels doing practices you don't understand just because a book said so and then will come back crying about your ill health, not knowing you caused that to yourself.

⚠️Relax the physical and mental muscles then GENTLY think of a mental image with closed eye-lids(or half-closed). Now, try to hold that imagined image without using the physical eyes to see it. This is how you do kriya and kasina. Jnana:Nimitta as Samyama:Kutastha; respectively, k

Kutastha:Nimitta~My Insight. 

You are the lightbulb, your chakras are on the exterior. You light up just like a lightbulb. Energy, electricity, vibration, sound. Electromagnetism. 

http://www.shyamacharanlahirifoundation.org/

Edited by MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI
Explaining how to concentrate apart from the physical senses.

• Feminist 

6 hours ago, Socrates said:

@MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI The "fail until you figure it out" attitude doesn't work in yoga unfortunately unless you're naive enough to ignore the risk of having irreversible energetic issues in that pursuit.

It is like giving a child a loaded gun and telling it to figure out how the gun works without taking into account that the child might shoot itself.

Unless you figure out the energetic aspect of spiritual pursuit you will be spinning your wheels doing practices you don't understand just because a book said so and then will come back crying about your ill health, not knowing you caused that to yourself.

Whatever is started will initially be performed poorly, that is why the concept of 'progress' exists.

• Feminist 

I think meditation (if done the right way) can be more powerful, both emotionally and physically, than any yoga. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

2 hours ago, How to be wise said:

I think meditation (if done the right way) can be more powerful, both emotionally and physically, than any yoga. 

And what is the definition of meditation? Which type of yoga?

• Feminist 

5 hours ago, Ayham said:

@MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI so what is your recommended beginner routine? 

Nothing I say is of any use as you won't execute it anyways.

• Feminist 

1 minute ago, Buck Edwards said:

Are there video tutorials and video resources? 

The books give you clear instructions. Don't overcomplicate things. The basics of Kriya are quite simple.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI said:

And what is the definition of meditation? Which type of yoga?

Inquiring whether your beliefs are actually true or not.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

If I did kriya for 3 years, and very occasionally had breakthroughs, and about half the time I did pranayama I would feel energy come up the spine to the top and it felt great and very meditative, am i doing things wrong? I feel like an hour a day for years and I should have got more. 

After 2 years or so off I've gotten back into it and am focusing on doing the techniques perfectly. But here it seems like Leo is saying I can just focus on doing the pranayama well.

Hi guys, I've been following JC Stevens kriya guide book and I don't understand what he means by pulling the energy up to ajna chakra during maha mudra. He explained before that to access ajna chakra we need to concentrate either on medulla or point between the eyebrows. So, does that mean that I need to bring up the energy for instance to medulla? Or do I need to bring it directly at the center of the head? Do you guys have any idea?

The qusetion arised after I looked at the Yoni mudra practice. As we mostly use posterior ksetrams, I thought that Medulla was the endpoint in Maha mudra. However, in the description of Yoni mudra, the author says that if one can't find Ajna chakra, one should use Medulla instead.

That's why I got confused. We used ksetrams for accessing chakras and how come now I need to access Ajna chakra without using its posterior ksetram Medulla?

Edited by KaoDeo

@KaoDeo Yea I think you said it, use the medulla if you need to. No harm in it, but sometimes I can just go straight to ajna.

How about pumping stage with yogic breathing and then just use Buddhist techniques with drastically improved state? 

I found after enough pranayamas, there is such an ease in ability for concentration work

On 8/5/2023 at 8:07 PM, Vibes said:

@Leo Gura For me it was a month or a little less to go under the first part, then as I practiced the Kriya routine I was able to slowly move up until I could feel 2 little round shapes, I can't tell where exactly it was.

I practiced this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjMEibcRJ0I&t=145s&ab_channel=ManojTheYogi

Took me about 2months 

• Feminist 

@Hello from Russia Of course, literally in all yoga i´ve learn, meditation is only done AFTER the energy practices. So there is absolutely no 'effort' to meditate, you just sit there to reap the benefits of what you sew previously .

Meditation withouth intense activation of energies/awareness, is a kind of a waste of time imo. 

Edited by Javfly33

@Leo Gura I've read a few pages in this mega-thread and I've seen that you talked about you never following a specific order for the techniques, about just doing what felt like it worked the most for you, building your own toolkit etc. This is different to the opinion you've expressed a few years ago in a blog video named "Don't Half-Ass Yoga!", where you talked about how the guys who constructed the lessons are spiritual geniuses and that we should respect them by following the order of everything as it's been illustrated to us - they knew what they were doing! Both opinions sound reasonable, I wanted to ask you...what are your thoughts now? What's your opinion about doing other yogic techniques along with Kriya, and also more generally (beyond just Yoga) what is your input regarding the concept of mixing different spiritual techniques in one's journey to Awakening? Does there always have to be a specific order to things that needs to be respected? Is it okay to spread a couple of spiritual techniques throughout the day/week/whatever (eg. do Kriya in the morning, then a few hours later do Self-inquiry, then do Vipassana etc.)? Will this 'mix' produce undesirable effects? Will one technique affect another and make it less potent? Is this ‘mixing’ more ideal/effective when it’s done with specific spiritual techniques from specific philosophies/systems? Or the mentality of "just doing what feels intuitively right and has produced results for you" suffices? Thank you for your enlightening content.

Edited by Spiritedness

Yeah, doing whatever you want is stupid. Certain techniques come before others with a certain reason. But you also can do whatever you want.

It requires too much exertion of one's will to follow the recommended order. Most cannot do that. 

1. Read the book

2. Use first principles

3. Then do whatever you want following those principles

• Feminist