Rinne

How to Get Up Right Away When Your Alarm Goes Off

29 posts in this topic

Sharing. 

These are notes from this blog i found.

This is going to sound really stupid, but it works. Practice getting up as soon as your alarm goes off. That’s right — practice. But don’t do it in the morning. Do it during the day when you’re wide awake. 

From <http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/04/how-to-get-up-right-away-when-your-alarm-goes-off/>  

Set your alarm for a few minutes ahead. Lie down in bed just like you would if you were sleeping and close your eyes. Get into your favorite sleep position. Imagine it’s early in the morning… a few minutes before your desired wake-up time. Pretend you’re asleep. Visualize a dream location, or just zone out as best you can. 

From <http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/04/how-to-get-up-right-away-when-your-alarm-goes-off/>  

Now when your alarm goes off, turn it off as fast as you can. Then take a deep breath to fully inflate your lungs and stretch your limbs out in all directions for a couple seconds… like you’re stretching during a yawn. Then sit up, plant your feet on the floor, and stand up. Smile a big smile. Then proceed to do the very next action you’d like to do upon waking. For me it’s getting dressed. 

Now shake yourself off, restore the pre-waking conditions, return to bed, reset your alarm, and repeat. Do this over and over and over until it becomes so automatic that you run through the whole ritual without thinking about it. If you must subvocalize any of the steps (i.e. if you hear a mental voice coaching you on what to do), you’re not there yet. 

Thank you :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Nice i solved this problem by putting my alarm at the other end of the room so i have to walk over that works as well and after couple of days i don't have to do it anymore i just wake up and get up, i cheat my way to self improvement :) 

I tried this too, although would fall off every time after about 4 days.

You know you can wake yourself up whenever you want naturally without alarms. I learned this through observation that every time i had to wake up early for something important i would always wake up 1 minute to a few seconds before the alarm went off especially if i slept properly. Your body is of a superior intelligence, trust it and once you see it work it works every time.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Do remember that in some, if not most cases, not waking up in the morning is a larger motivational issue. You wouldn't oversleep for that epic holiday but you would for work. Once you get more on-track with your life purpose and comfortable being who you are, waking up shouldn't be an issue. 

@Steph1988 FUCK that's such a good idea! I'm implementing this into my morning routine right away, thanks a lot!

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

If you have something you love enough you'll wake up with no effort :) sometimes I don't want to go to sleep simply because I can't wait to wake up

Just set your alarm on the opposite side of the room.

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

here's sth that could work . set your alarm for a different time that you usually do because if everyday your alarm goes off and you don't wake up , your brain's gonna think to itself that , that sound is sth that always happens at this particular time of the day and nothing happens after that and it means nothing so your brain will totally ignore it the next time and it'll go unheard without any reactions .

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Just set your alarm on the opposite side of the room.

;)

When I tried this I'd just 'sleepwalk' to it, turn it off then go back to sleep :D 

@Butters Lol, that’s a very persisent morning attitude ;) 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

I even put the alarm at the top of my wardrobe. I literally need to climb to get it. I have been used to it and I just climb to turn it off and fall back to sleep again. I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel for me.

Well, the key to waking up on time is going to sleep on time.

If you're up way late, and you want to wake up early on 4 hours of sleep, it ain't gonna happen unless you have somewhere really important to be, like the airport.

You need about 8 hours of sleep per night, so plan accordingly.

If you're in your teens or early 20s, you might need 10 hours of sleep or more. It also depends on your diet.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

early 20s, you might need 10 hours of sleep or more

That explains a lot. I really desire 9-10 hours of sleep, and I feel guilty when I get more. 

edit: I'm 22

Edited by d0ornokey

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

938029DF-E6F2-48A7-866E-365B1AD29123.jpeg

For those who are more serious about waking up.

?

Stop drinking coffee. 

After the withdrawal stage you will be able to get out of bed much easier in the morning.

5 hours ago, SFRL said:

Stop drinking coffee. 

After the withdrawal stage you will be able to get out of bed much easier in the morning.

Works! I am currently quiting and haven't reached that stage yet. But the last time I quit for about 10 day I could get out of bed way easier after about a week of not drinking coffee.

16 hours ago, Butters said:

When I tried this I'd just 'sleepwalk' to it, turn it off then go back to sleep :D 

Seem here! :D

Here is a technique that has worked for me in the past. When lying in your bed just before you go to sleep, repeat at what time you are going to wake up the next morning, like an affirmation. Repeat this about 20 times. Example: "I am waking up at 7 a.m. tomorrow. I am waking up at 7 a.m. tomorrow." Et cetera.