Richard Alpert

Inside of a cult leader's mind

25 posts in this topic

https://medium.com/@bescofield/tech-bro-guru-inside-the-sedona-cult-of-bentinho-massaro-a56314f830ef

Pretty intresting article. That guy is fucking crazy. 

When i first heard of him, he seemed very scethcy.

I understand that enlightenment doesnt make you a non-dick. And i understand that everything goes, kind of. But why you pretend to be a saint in front of youre students?

For me is just another ''espiritual'' ego , an extreme one , that gets what he wants and have the validation..

( saw some of his videos , he really talks about good things , but the problem is how he do it , maybe his approach , really difficult to understand depending on your ''stage'' ) I really like some of his videos hahah

Edited by tecladocasio

Have never been fond of Bentinho Massaro, but that's just a personal preference. Perhaps and hopefully, there is a full circle thing going for him.

23 minutes ago, tecladocasio said:

For me is just another ''espiritual'' ego , an extreme one , that gets what he wants and have the validation..

He is diagnosed with narsicistic personality and showed psychopath tendencies in his childhood.

That guy is dangerous as fuck in my opinion. He has a huge following.

The ego,”center “ is narcissistic by its nature. It is a fragment of the you.

Edited by Faceless

It's no secret that he has narcissistic tendencies. Probably Enneagram type 3 or 7 and from a 7ish culture (Netherlands). But I wouldn't conclude that he hasn't "seen" things. From my perception his experiences go very very deep but I also sense that a lot of patterns of him are still active. But I don't follow him that much so I cannot really say anything more about it.

Edited by Toby

Sounds like he like many others is trapped in the deceptive nature of thought. 

People spend there whole life thinking they are “enlightened” then realize it was all within the movment and structure of thought 

I always thought that he is missing some humility. I don't know the detail of what is happening behind the scenes, but I think that he is still helping alot of people with teachings from great sources and that is still way more than many other people do. Surely it is a bad idea to have him as your only spiritual source and teacher but he adds to the variety of possible sources and may attract people to spirituality who wouldn't have found the way otherwise.

@LaucherJunge

the quote below.. truth is living not yours or mine but of itself. 

This is somthing isn’t it? ??

Edited by Faceless

I know little about the guy, but as usual, in the dualistic scheme of things, there is another side to the story ... for what it's worth

Dont believe the article, dont believe bentinho, dont believe the buddha, dont believe in yoga, dont believe in meditation, only believe in yourself (aka nothing).

I read some of the article and a lot of the stuff that is said , is said from the materialist paradigm. I know that some of bentinho's teachings are great, the guys clearly knows some stuff (or doesnt know ;) ). I can see why ordinary people flip their shit because of some of the points that are made in the article, but if you would write an article about japanese zen it would be even worse. 

that's why you have to have a lot of teachers. I personally prefer teachings with the least amount of belief required, and as I see bentinho just says stuff that might be true to him, but other people may just misinterpret that stuff and he might not realize this. he's young afterall.

Osho 2.0

That photos in article made me laugh

and u know, Jedi can turn into dart veider

doesn't mean dart veider has no powers, quite likely he does

people want to use consciousness to have some benefits in life, and that's ok in general coz well more consciousness is itself assume more benefit, massaro's just a guy who tries to teach how to use consciousness to have some dreams/goals/desires/needs to come true staff. the question is to what extent you are going to abuse your powers? because if you go to far you might become sucked into dark side

sadhguru and tolle on the other hand advocate sort of abstaining, they would say - just be present and be joyful from that only.

buddha preferred middle way. so does Leo, i think what Leo really trying to do is to direct people into middle way.

Watch your asses when following/idolizing any human being. People do that because they are too lazy to actually do the work themselves. No one will enlighten you but yourself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Guy realizes he's God and that this is all a dream and completely meaningless ; next step is get filthy rich (Tolle), get pussy preferably young (too many to count) and take drugs and get drunk (Alan watts and a few other people :-))

You bet I'm already enlightened!

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)