Richard Alpert

Inside of a cult leader's mind

25 posts in this topic

Yeah he never really resonated with me, I skimmed and moved on

The kingdom of heaven is within.

lol. ya boi panicked, probably just like you did, after reading that article. didn't know this one was already here

It is the Ego’s last gasp.  The elightened master represses his ego until his shadow gets so dense that he unconsciously re-integrates it by losing his humility.  Of course the enlightened master is not aware he is doing this.  The Mind will rationalize the behavior to him.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor This lecture has some great great information talking about how this happens to teachers on the path.

It made me quit seeking for a time to focus on self discipline and shadow work, sans 30 mins meditation as well.

-------

I think the reason witnessing these corruption in teachers has to do with seeing how corrupt people can become in a position of power over others.  My parents were bullies, a few teachers of mine were bullies, and the institutions they use to house problematic children were used to scapegoat me in a toxic family environment and thusly became third party bullies.  I've had friends who work with troubled children, as counselors, they usually have wounds that aren't healed though.  That's in the past and I've made some steps to improve my compassion to understand the bigger picture.

The point is, I'm very very verrry aware of how corrupt I could become in a teaching position or any position of power, and I'm aware of how corrupt others can become in these positions of power.

When you let someone into your mind, make sure it comes from a good source.  Be aware of your corruptibility and ability to corrupt.  It seems to be an aspect of the shadow a lot of folks don't want to get so comfy with.