Leo Gura

Tinnitus - Mega-Thread

93 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

To give you tinnitus.

Lol

The devil is in the details.

Here's a fun fact for you... remember that thread I started a while back in the Off Topic section about the shamanic trance music band Heilung?

The front man of this band said in an interview that he heard several reports of people who claimed that listening to his band's music healed their tinnitus. Go figure!

Nomen est omen, as the Romans used to say.

Posted (edited)

Dave Grohl lost his hearing and has tinnitus, yet he still makes beautiful music. Wild!

I now wonder if Beethoven had tinnitus

Edited by Yimpa

The shock thickens 

Posted (edited)

On 3/30/2024 at 1:35 PM, Leo Gura said:

I'm curious, how many of you here suffer from tinnitus (ringing in the ears)?

What caused your tinnitus? How loud is your tinnitus on a scale of 1 to 10? Have you found any solutions that worked for you?

The reason I ask is because I think I found a cure, which I plan to share in a few weeks.

I have Tinnitus. 4 years?

It started one day while sitting on the couch. I have been recording music, and was dealing with lots of stress. The side of my head has pressure and pain in it. It seems to fluctuate based on stress or energy flow in the body. I have no hearing damage according to doctors. 

It can range from like a 3-8 depending. Generally is like a 3.5.

Things that help are:

1. Good sleep

2. Stress management

3. Acceptance

4. Acupressure

5. Nutrition

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I tried ginko biloba and it seemed to work.

Currently mine is like a 2, from years of going to raves, and not wearing earplugs 100 percent of the time.

Loud music, scale of 2. It goes away. I have it sometimes randomly for 30 seconds on a scale of 5. Never have been bothered by it.

A family friend relieved his tinnitus completely using cannabis oil. Another friend used Hopi Indian earwax candles. 

On 3/30/2024 at 5:35 PM, Leo Gura said:

I'm curious, how many of you here suffer from tinnitus (ringing in the ears)?

What caused your tinnitus? How loud is your tinnitus on a scale of 1 to 10? Have you found any solutions that worked for you?

The reason I ask is because I think I found a cure, which I plan to share in a few weeks.

My father has it.
Asymetircall, stronger in the right ear.

It started a couple years ago, he doesn't exactly remember when. It got worse over time.
Possibly caused by neglecting health for years. We are looking at:
- diabetes (fatal sugar levels, now mostly under control)
- overweight (up to 145kg, now at 110)
- severe sleep depravation (averaging 4h/day for months, now at 6h)
- completely sedentary lifestyle (implemented daily 7km walks)
- constant stress related to multiple debts, and not making enough money (strong progress here)
+ more resulting complications and overall feeling of helplessness/overwhelm (much better now)

Despite all of the improvements, tinnitus stayed the same.
It ranges from 8 to 10. He describes it as "the sound of train brakes", and says, speaking to me that "it's louder than your voice".
Present at all times, but Dad takes it surprisingly well. No major emotions related to it other than annoyance.

Only in recent months, have I started pushing my father to fight it.
Unfortunately, basic health care in Poland is very modest, and we can't afford a specialized tinnitus clinic.
So he went to 3 different doctors and learned nothing. Soon he is going to MRI.

Is your cure somewhat universal or targeted at one particular cause of tinnitus?

I have it.
The sound is an unpleasant, high pitch.
The cause is unknown; it has been present for as long as I can remember. I have never experienced silence. I can always hear the sound when I focus on it, unless I'm listening to loud music or white noise. In silence, my attention automatically shifts to it, but noisy environment can make me forget about it. This is because the brain doesn't focus on constant sounds in our environment; and since this sound has been constant for over 20 years, my brain doesn't need to focus on it and focuses on other relevant sounds in the environment.

So far, I haven't found anything that alleviates it.

Posted (edited)

It's a higher frequency aspect of you recently realized that seeks to be integrated into the whole of your being.

The cure... is to listen to it! Like music!

"Awareness alone is curative."

Edited by tuku747

Love is making your body lighter ✨️ 

On 3/30/2024 at 11:58 PM, Leo Gura said:

There are different kinds of tinnitus. One kind comes from sound damage to the ears, other kind is brain related. Medications can also damage the ears or the brain.

@Leo Gura Technically all tinnitus is brain-related, since processing sound happens in the brain.

Posted (edited)

50 minutes ago, Twega said:

@Leo Gura Technically all tinnitus is brain-related, since processing sound happens in the brain.

Technically chicken wings are brain-related, since they are processed in the brain.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

From what I understand is that tinnitus is somehow an energy issue .

18 minutes ago, OBEler said:

From what I understand is that tinnitus is somehow an energy issue .

No

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura

Do you have tinnitus? Or are you just trying to prevent it the best you can? Or perhaps just understanding for understanding’s sake?

I don’t have tinnitus but from what I’ve read, it can truly be hell. So I’m trying my best to prevent it. Currently, part of my work requires me to go to loud clubs.

Earplugs is all I have for now.

Edited by Miguel1

Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/miguetran

19 minutes ago, Miguel1 said:

Do you have tinnitus? Or are you just trying to prevent it the best you can? Or perhaps just understanding for understanding’s sake?

I will answer that once I talk about the possible cure.

Try lipoflavanoid plus

i have had it for a couple years, i was using aniracetam and then used a drop saw to cut some wood without hearing protection, instant tinnitus it has diminished a bit but if im not careful with diet and lifestyle it comes back 

I think a DMT trip cause it a few months ago.

Ill say is pretty low. Around 1-2. Maybe during 3-4 days I dont even remember it.

But sometimes can be uncomfortable for a few minutes/hours.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I will answer that once I talk about the possible cure.

@Leo Gura  Could you speak more on this? It's a subject that's import to me, as I've got the permanent very loud ringing, which can be maddening. Been waiting for decades for someone to come up with some kind of 'cure'.