Loveeee

Have you ever had any success in awakening anyone ?

19 posts in this topic

I would love to blow someone's mind like that 

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

Heh, there you go... that's what applied solipsism looks like. xD

Why so serious?

4 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Heh, there you go... that's what applied solipsism looks like. xD

Gottem

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

One cannot offer shortcuts to enlightenment. Enlightenment is of the moment, is an opening to intelligent infinity. It can only be accomplished by the self, for the self. Another self cannot teach/learn enlightenment, but only teach/learn information, inspiration, or a sharing of love, of mystery, of the unknown that makes the other-self reach out and begin the seeking process that ends in a moment, but who can know when an entity will open the gate to the present?

only lovers awaken

from good bad ugly to grace mercy peace

and pass it on

I’ve had plenty of moments in discussions of peeling back some layers of insight for people to see awakened consciousness more clearly. The issue is that it takes a lot more than occasional glimpses in conversation for awakening to stick in a lasting way. This part, the most important part of the equation, is up to the person themselves to do the work. And I’ve only had success in helping with these glimpses with people who have already been doing the work themselves. Someone who is only interested in enlightenment in a cursory way will usually not even be interested enough in real awakening talk for it to go deep enough to take traction. It looks like in most cases someone will have had to clear the crust from their own eyes and opened them slightly before you can predictably assist in opening their ability to see any wider. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

No.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

If you mean brainwashing someone into believing the vision of solipsism, I have never tried that. Maybe one day I will, and then I will laugh evilly while petting a cat.

Yeah, me. To the fact that I cannot awaken anyone. They get pissed off and go back to sleep. That's my awakening.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

There is only you to awaken . Awakening is realizing only you can awaken . Its like you are in a dream and you are trying to convince dream characters that this is all a dream . If you truly get that this Is all a dream in your mind you wouldn't try to convince dream characters that they are dream characters because they are dream characters. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

My awakening was and is realizing that the session Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God of this forum is a wasteland 

Change only comes from within. People must have their own epiphanies and revelations. The dominoes must fall in sequence in someone's own head. You cannot force it or skip steps.

Maybe Jesus tried and it all backfired and became all the concretized Christian sects. Epic fail. The Buddha communicated more clearly but his success rate is probably the same as Jesus.'

It seems like when you try to awaken someone, it only delays their awakening.

It would be like you curse them.

'Yada yada God.'

Starts screaming and crying and laughing on the floor for 6-10 hours.

Edited by Hojo

Yes, at least one person got into spirituality because of me telling him about it.

But it was easy, because I saw that it was his destiny and he was weird in a sense, similarly like me.

Wait, I remember another person, a lady significantly older than me, I also showed her some practices and I think it helped her.

Edited by Applegarden8

How did each of us get here? Was it a collection of experiences that included other people? 

It doesn't have to be, but there are usually others involved in some form. For me it started at childhood, I see all the patterns that brought me here, and they involved a lot of others along the way.

Also, I see the patterns i've been in that affected others. From hurting or harming someone, from the times I rescued someone from abuse, or cowardly ghosted them because of depression. Both of those things help/harming led to that person realising more of who they are, boundaries being established or marriage to a more healthy guy. This was especially evident when I worked in natural foods, or had a spiritual group was I able to go to. One was coming for answers and I could connect several relevant dots, the other group was open and listening naturally to each other directly wanting spiritual experiences or observations.

You realize that everyone is a reflection of you. Ta-da!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

There is a long tradition of master- student in pursuing enlightenment.

It is like with a sportsman who ends his career and becomes a trainer in his field.

But in zen they have you prove your dedication and will before letting you study.

You cant just go teaching whoever after you attain what you have pursued.

Most of society is not interested in this path.

If you want to awaken others they must be ready.

But its not all about awakening others.

You can do good in the world and spread consciousness in your daily life.

A few good words said in the right moment can change a beings life.

An action done with a pure heart can cascade through the entire universe.  

I try in person for hours but people are impossibly dense it almost doesn't make sense, like an NPC with no actual functioning mind

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now