Spiritual Warrior

What is the purpose of competition?

38 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, thierry said:

Anyone that reject competition is an hypocrite. 
Even if you are the most creative artist, you’re still acting within the realm of competition. 

No!

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

The science of getting rich - Wallace Wattles 

Infinite Game - Simon Sinek

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

every ego claims being god on earth is your birthright so get in that arena and prove what you are god in and then just watch the cash roll in

in point of fact since i was lied to about being god at least i can watch one in the flesh and vicariously drool

Edited by gettoefl

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

Are you the one i cursed out (lol) once when I 1st started the "Powerful" section because you undermined a video I posted and you posted a video saying yours is better?

xD lol.

Indeed B| I'm known for my ability touch the buttons sometimes :D

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

your comments as of late are beautiful.

Awww. 🥺 

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Competition (On Sterioids) check all video of just jump to 5:05 min

I don’t remember which Leo’s video said this but since I was young I had the belief that the only competition is with me, I don’t have time to look at my sides. Sure I like to study people who are doing better or different than me, but I don’t feel I’m competing with another person perse. 

@Spiritual Warrior

On 2024-01-05 at 7:38 PM, Spiritual Warrior said:

What is the purpose of competition in life?

Is it important? Is it not? What is competition?

Competition is important depends on many developmental factors, and it's a bit complicated to discern it's true nature. Initially, IMO it's important for rankings, hierarchy establishments and for the beauty of contrasting yourself against a competitor that loses, or even in some situations your competitor wins against you. That whole game A dynamic is beautiful, and I wish systemic thinkers and philosophers appreciate it for what it is.

Competition can also be seen, in Spiral Dynamics stages of development as nowadays stage orange capitalism, but again if you contemplate deeper there's different levels and forms of competitions on the lower spiral or the higher spiral developments. Even 2 philosophers or 2 stage green/yellow or even turquoise thinkers or intellectuals compete with each other's intellects, comprehensions and how each one conceptualizes reality, even if the framing is 'collaborative or a team work'.

@Navaneet

On 2024-01-05 at 9:01 PM, Navaneet said:

If everything remains undifferentiated, there would be no thought of competition. Maybe there still would be a sense of competition. But, without languaging it as "I am being competitive" - maybe there would be no philosophy about it. Whatever it is (this undifferentiated existence) -- it is what it is.

Of course, this is not the answer to your question. I only have this sloppy nondual koanish answer.

I'm the exception, as whenever I fight or compete I don't obsessively think 'I AM BEING COMPETITIVE!', or 'I WILL DOMINATE YOU!', or 'FUCK YOU DIPSHIT! I WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY!', or whatever domineering themed thoughts. I just am mindful, shut down over thinking, and let my body do the fighting. Likewise with other forms of art like drawing, music, or even games like chess I don't think to attack people, I just merge parts of myself into the activity with mindfulness.

@Juan

49 minutes ago, Juan said:

I don’t remember which Leo’s video said this but since I was young I had the belief that the only competition is with me, I don’t have time to look at my sides. Sure I like to study people who are doing better or different than me, but I don’t feel I’m competing with another person perse. 

Of course you don't have enough time, all that time is being sucked by Tik Tok!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You're only ever 'competing' with yourself literally & metaphysically 

But, yeah conscious competition is what drives the world forward. 

As does Love. 

Nothing is usually black & white 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

On 1/6/2024 at 0:28 AM, Thought Art said:

Important for survival, but you want to transcend competition and embody creativity to truly master living

Conscious Competition = Love = Creativity 

Greatest musicians, artists, athletes, writers all come from love & pure passion for their craft. But it also has an element of competing with themselves, and 'others' can propel them to new heights

I can't  remember the video but Rupert Spira made some good points on this regarding Nadal vs Federer rivalry on how it brought the best out of each of them. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

On 5/1/2024 at 8:38 PM, Spiritual Warrior said:

To go beyond yourself.

In sports they say that competiton make each other better. Also with business, competition is healthy, monopoly is unhealthy

Here you have some examples that made each one better than if only one existed without competition. It's like a mirror

Cristiano Ronaldo vs. Lionel Messi (Football/Soccer)

Roger Federer vs. Rafael Nadal (Tennis)

Usain Bolt vs. Justin Gatlin (Athletics - Sprinting)

Michael Phelps vs. Ryan Lochte (Swimming)

Muhammad Ali vs. Joe Frazier (Boxing)

On 1/5/2024 at 2:38 PM, Spiritual Warrior said:

Is it important? Is it not? What is competition?

Competition is on the level of Survial, if all of life/nature was in competition with itself, then no material existence would be possible, ppl use animal nature as an example of why we need to compete and such, even plant life, plants trees fighting for space and sunlight, but these forms of life are limited and not capable of the possibility and potential that we have as humans, even though most humans are not living anywhere near that potental, so harmony, balance, equanimity are what is needed today, competition has given us what we have today, which is not so empowering imo:)

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

1 hour ago, Squeekytoy said:

Dewd competition is also balance and harmony. Just flipsides of the same coin. All of nature IS in competition with itself. That's the whole dance.

@Squeekytoy I disagree, at the level of survival yes there is competition, but at the most fundamental level of existence there is balance, harmony, intelligence working for life not pitting it against itself. For some forms of life, like I said earlier, survival of the fittest is the best way for quality life to evolve further on, that is competition, but we are the highest level of evolution on this planet (if we are not then what is?) so for us competition just keeps us in survival mode, but we have much more potential than just sleeping, eating, working, procreating then dying like most every other life form on this planet...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Beauty.

Competition (multiple forces struggling against each other for prevalence) is the driving force of evolution and any creative pursuit; it’s a movement towards higher refinement/complexity i.e. beauty.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

I compete to feel powerful. I strive to be better, better is why I compete. Why better? why seek it? I just want to win.

I guess I'm wired to be strong enough to.. well.. continue the legacy of my genes.

but do I compete with that legacy in mind? no. I do it for the thrill of it. I do it because I want to feel strong. I want to feel better. I want to be above everyone who isn't good enough.