Spiritual Warrior

What is the purpose of competition?

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

What is the purpose of competition in life?

Is it important? Is it not? What is competition?

Edited by Spiritual Warrior

For humans, yes it is important. 

Why?

Because you want to create more love. 

How do we create more love?

By creating things; babies, buildings, airplanes, food, theories

Why is competition required to create more love?

Survive.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

15 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Survive.

Competition is necessary in order for the human race to survive 

If everything remains undifferentiated, there would be no thought of competition. Maybe there still would be a sense of competition. But, without languaging it as "I am being competitive" - maybe there would be no philosophy about it. Whatever it is (this undifferentiated existence) -- it is what it is.

Of course, this is not the answer to your question. I only have this sloppy nondual koanish answer.

Do you want to undertand it , Fix it or Participating on it? Study the sturcture of it and you will see that is part of evolution. 

Sometimes, you need a break from competition.

My doctor told me to avoid contact sports for 6 weeks after I got mono. To protect my spleen from the competitive scene.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Important for survival, but you want to transcend competition and embody creativity to truly master living

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

To feast on the bones of your enemy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Anyone that reject competition is an hypocrite. 
Even if you are the most creative artist, you’re still acting within the realm of competition. 

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, thierry said:

Even if you are the most creative artist, you’re still acting within the realm of competition. 

If the realm is made up of competition and the artist is inside of the realm, then the artist is also the realm itself

Its a Paradox

Edited by Spiritual Warrior

It is what drives the masculine energy. Without it men would get lazy and watch Netflix all day. So i guess I have the wrong answer. Errrr

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

Competition is  Deeply Evolutive Drive, The installlation is so old that if you try to go againt it you are going basicallly a very old software.

But with time we need less and less of this software. If you see even Chimps tent to become very aggresive and competitive for resources leading even to killling a member of another group. Well, any predator will tend to it 

Where does violence come from?

https://medium.com/@5050sel/where-does-violence-come-from-6a767624f24b#:~:text=When a profound imbalance between satisfactions and frustrations,its natural condition and is channeled towards destruction.

When you have Territorial boudaries you will compete, when you need resource you need to get from outsite and as there are Other who also consume the same food supply you will compete- So you can see clearly that there is a Bias here of Self and Other and of Outer World to get resources. Is inerent to life that we compete for supply. To escape it the only way is to be death. And no one wants to die 

Posted (edited)

May be about two opposing forces fighting (competing) for one exclusive result or outcome.

Competition is a basic aspect in business, games, sports, politics, and non-partnership relationships.

Edited by UnbornTao

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, Spiritual Warrior said:

What is the purpose of competition in life?

Is it important? Is it not? What is competition?

It's an ego game.

Ego compares and contrasts itself to others to derive its value and sense of worth. 

Whereas love has no competition. It just is. And where there is no competition. There is no conflict. And where there is no conflict there is freedom and peace. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Competition has the exact same purpose as everything else in existence: To make life interesting.

7 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Without it men would get lazy and watch Netflix all day. So i guess I have the wrong answer. Errrr

xD:DxD:DxD:DxD

Touché.

Why so serious?

1 hour ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

Competition is  Deeply Evolutive Drive, The installlation is so old that if you try to go againt it you are going basicallly a very old software.

But with time we need less and less of this software. If you see even Chimps tent to become very aggresive and competitive for resources leading even to killling a member of another group. Well, any predator will tend to it 

Where does violence come from?

https://medium.com/@5050sel/where-does-violence-come-from-6a767624f24b#:~:text=When a profound imbalance between satisfactions and frustrations,its natural condition and is channeled towards destruction.

When you have Territorial boudaries you will compete, when you need resource you need to get from outsite and as there are Other who also consume the same food supply you will compete- So you can see clearly that there is a Bias here of Self and Other and of Outer World to get resources. Is inerent to life that we compete for supply. To escape it the only way is to be death. And no one wants to die 

Love your response from all angles. Loved watching the video. Zoo time for me was visiting the chimps, monkeys, orangutans, gorillas and all the different felines. Once I brought a banana to the zoo and waved it at the gorilla and he shooshed me off (like saying get outta here with that with its hand) 

Been meaning to subscribe to 'Medium". (The link you shared). I get e-mails from them with teaser articles where you can only read a portion of the article before it cuts off. Are you a member? They have great articles. $5/mth is great price for such treasures.

This topic is a great topic to explore. Maybe @Leo Guracan do a video on it some day. The topic of competition among humans and the evolutionary aspect. Personally, i'm not very competitive as I'm more of a team player and my extremely empathetic side would make me feel bad for the loser - yeah, that's how bad it is. Lol thanks for sharing.

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

It's an ego game.

Ego compares and contrasts itself to others to derive its value and sense of worth. 

Whereas love has no competition. It just is. And where there is no competition. There is no conflict. And where there is no conflict there is freedom and peace. 

I have been loving your responses on here as of late, to the point where you seem like a different character than before. Let me make sure it's you. Are you the one i cursed out (lol) once when I 1st started the "Powerful" section because you undermined a video I posted and you posted a video saying yours is better? Was that you. Sometimes I don't remember because I don't hold unto things and it's like you're back to being fresh in my mind again. And did you have a journal posting pictures of yourself. If that's you, you surely have evolved and your comments as of late are beautiful.

@Princess Arabia Before I was into Spirituality I was for a long time into Biology and Study of Animal Behavior, I was even working with Trainment of Birds of Pray like Eagles,Hawks and Vultures, so I was directly interacting with these predator birds and that gave me a good insigth on how the agression works. There is nothing bad in competition, is just  natural feature of life.

I recommned a book that maybe I still have in my libary or maybe I gave away but was very good on this topic

Is called ON AGGRESION by Konrad Lorenz

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1378136.On_Aggression

R (2).jpg