HMD

I still can’t wrap my mind around homosexuality

70 posts in this topic

No one gets sexual pleasure thinking about propagating humanity, lmao.

Or maybe you do, no judgment. Too kinky for my taste though.

Describe a thought.

From that perspective, sex with protection is a deviation.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Why do human beings feel arausal? Whhhhhhyyyyy

Open question 

Because every other energy like anger, sadness, fear, joy has an explanation. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

If it's fun and it doesn't cause suffering, then what's the problem?

Mostly, people's aversion to homosexuality stems from a lack of sexual experience or sexual vocabulary. After all, you can't make sense of something that you have no experience of.

The precursor to this lack of experience seems to be fear, or some kind of fear-based cultural programming.

It's a shame, because it's akin to keeping a society in a state of medieval peasantry, but rather than denying them the ability to read or write, instead denying them a basic sexual lexicon, including recreational homosexuality.

The solution for you personally, would be to go out and get some recreational sexual experiences. Not only would lead to greater understanding, but would also lead to greater empathy and compassion.

2 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Why do human beings feel arausal? Whhhhhhyyyyy

Okei I think i made some progress contemplating this. 

Energies that serve the ego are anger, avoidance, resistance, fear etc. 

Energies that serve the survival of the body are hunger and sexual arausal. 

Energies that serve God and Truth is love. 

Anger, resistance, fear are all psychological produced by the mind. 

Hunger and lust is chemical based, produced by the body. 

Love is of God. 

Edited by Salvijus

Body is intelligent. It knows what it needs to survive. You don't need to understand intellectually that it is time to go to sleep. Body knows it's time for sleep by itself and tells you. Same way body knows what to eat and when to eat it and how much to eat. The body tells you this info from moment to moment. Just the same way body knows with whom to reproduce to give rise to healthy offsprings. Body will tell you very clearly what to go after.

Based on this you could draw conclusions. Is your body an intelligent being or no longer intelligent? Is your body feeling sleepless till 5am? Does your body crave food that has zero nutritional value? Does your body tell you to go after people that are not valid for reproduction? (Children, old people, your relatives... Animals, table Etc.) 

My belief theory is that people are becoming more and more distant from nature and more and more unnatural. Body has lost all sense of what it is supposed to desire to survive because it is losing its connection to nature. Living in fake environments. Breathing air conditioned air. Walking on concrete. Being bombarded with frequencies all the time that are not of this earth etc. 

Edited by Salvijus

17 hours ago, BlueOak said:

I can't afford a family, which is the main reason for me personally during my lifetime.

You've already decided to be poor for the rest of your life?

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

2 hours ago, flowboy said:

You've already decided to be poor for the rest of your life?

In life there are a lot of different value systems, skill sets, personality types, and environmental factors that dictate different end results for how much you can financially earn.

1 minute ago, BlueOak said:

In life there are a lot of different value systems, skill sets, personality types, and environmental factors that dictate different end results for how much you can financially earn.

All of that can be changed.

If you want to financially earn very little, fine.

But the framing of this statement suggests an external locus of control.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

14 minutes ago, flowboy said:

All of that can be changed.

If you want to financially earn very little, fine.

But the framing of this statement suggests an external locus of control.

I made a self-indulgent single-line statement, to offer another reason people are not having kids. Economic pressure is a very real thing right now, it seems pointless to rail against that easily observed reality, are you trying to argue that everyone in those circumstances just isn't wanting money enough or doing enough to get it?

To keep it more broadly focused and more useful, rather than about me personally:

Your premise is flawed. It is a physical impossibility to do what you are suggesting across a large enough group. There is a finite supply of money, when there isn't it's all devalued. To get ahead financially of the average mean value, you have to deprive someone else, or cause an imbalance somewhere. If you were aiming for the exact average across the spectrum maybe, if enough other people were too, then it'd be committing the least harm, but nobody is, which means you are taking from somewhere that needs it more most of the time.

Control is an illusion in this context. You no more control what the human population on mass is going to do next than I do. All you can do is be willing to change with it or not, and then master what's in demand at the current time, whether it's helpful or harmful has to take a secondary backseat.

Sure there are a few careers that become obvious they are clearly helping others according to almost any set of value systems or beliefs. That number is quite small.

There are gay animals of all sorts. It’s possible there was some evolutionary adaptation for some of the population to only be sexually attracted to males or prefer males, because maybe these males were more likely to form a sort of alliance that the rest of the tribe could rely on in some way that evolutionary adaptation deemed slightly more beneficial than zero and therefore the mutation/adaptation persisted.

That’s probably most likely. Or it could be a million other things like that. If homosexuality doesn’t make sense to the point where you just can’t wrap your head around it, then you’re just not using your imagination, to be blunt.

I acted very gay today, despite having core beliefs that being gay is wrong and evil.

Gay does not just mean a man loving a man. It could mean a million other things. For me, I enjoy being genderqueer. I’m like a chameleon that gets to be whatever gender I want depending on the day and mood.

I tried to catch some fog earlier. I mist.

There are gay animals. 

By this logic, why are some born with disabilities? In Paleolithic times, they would die off. 

Evolution doesn't mean that every member of a species has to reproduce. 

The same can be said for infertile people. They are an evolutionary dead-end. 
Evolution just calls for members of a species to have sufficient genetic variation so that given traits can help them adapt to various environments. 

Given that every member of every species is genetically identical and would be subject to individual epigenetics, then it stands to reason there is a variety of traitrs abounding in every species. 

It's not evolutionary advantageous, but I guess you could say there's are many things humans do that are not evolutionary advantageous  

Edited by Jacob Morres

6 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

Because you're not gay.

Tons of gay men can’t wrap their head around it either and so remain in the closet.

7 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Tons of gay men can’t wrap their head around it either and so remain in the closet.

And yet, it's not as if anything really has "meaning" in the end. :ph34r:

The devil is in the details.

@HMD Have you ever heard women whining that "All the good ones are either taken or gay"?
Even if thinking in evolutionary terms, women LOVE gay guys, guys LOVE lesbian action. There is an advantage to having SOME gay genes. Some people just get a fabulous amount.
This is the running theory anyway.
This is very easy to wrap your head around.

@An young being But the main Question here is if radical open mindedness actually good for society? 

The question that who marries whom is irrelevant here. And I never said it’s all the same thing. But the point is if society grows in the direction of Love and radical acceptance to the point that they accept people who marry their daughters, is that good for society? That level of radical open-mindedness? If not, then it shows us radical openmindedness is not an arbitrarily good value for society. 

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

On 23/11/2023 at 5:50 PM, Adrian colby said:

But for society to hold itself together, there are lines or boundaries that shouldn’t be crossed and one of those is imposing on others or preventing others. 

the universe explores and experiences itself in many diverse ways. To say that one of those ways is wrong is to misunderstand the nature of reality.

@Adrian colbyDo you see the contradiction in your statement brother? 

That’s what I am saying, why are we okay with universe experiencing itself in this way (homosexuality) and not in other ways (cannibalism). 

If you say that because it imposes on others or hurts them, then again why draw the line here? Homosexuals impose themselves on the beliefs of conservatives and Radical religious people. Now you may say it’s not a physical threat, to which I say that survival is not physical. 

Are you getting me? I am talking about something deeper, and not asking anyone to justify homosexuality to me. I am a bisexual and have been for the past 5 years. So, I have no race in the horse, so to speak, on either side. Infact, if I was biased it would be towards the liberal end, but I am not. 

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."