Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This whole situation seems so exploitable by terrorists. All they have to do is stage a terrorist attack in the US to draw the US into another fruitless war in the Middle East.

Of course. Hundreds of thousands of new recruits. People in Palestine have little left to lose, but it'll be a useful recruiting tool worldwide for many militia groups. Any occupation of land exists as a recruitment ad forever.

There is no question the US will need to leave more people in the region. It'll be a small miracle if its not a larger deployment on their bases at some point, I doubt they'll call it a war though, as its likely to just be against irregular fighters. *Though Yemen looks like its going to intercept cargo shipments, which might spill this into a conventional war.

Fascism has always and will always generate war. The ideology requires war to exist. People have to be shown it directly again sadly.

Edited by BlueOak

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This whole situation seems so exploitable by terrorists. All they have to do is stage a terrorist attack in the US to draw the US into another fruitless war in the Middle East.

It's fruitless because the US doesn't employ the Xinjiang counter-terrorism camp initiative.

Since 2016 there is no longer any terrorists attack in Xinjiang, it works.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Oh good! Then Israel can carry out its war without the rest of the world's weapons, money, and moral support.

The absurdity of this situation is that Israel wants to butcher the Gazans and then act innocent in the eyes of the world.

You are officially my enemy now Leo, and I shall put you on my list :D;)

https://x.com/mechanics_watch/status/1731593501622882773?s=20

On 12/11/2023 at 7:57 AM, Nivsch said:

About the first one I admit there are very likely problems in the surgicality claims that although I believe IDF is the maybe most surgical army in the world, is still not really totally surgical and sometimes attacks too loosely.

In the other hand, we have to ask ourselves honestly if we could really do a more surgical war when needed to eliminate a terror organization that hides so manipulatively behind civilians as its number one survival strategy when we have tens of thousands of terror targets to attack! Not sure if we really could do it otherwise. Just think about that for yourself!

Personally I have never known a war as moral as this one.

Telling civilians to move south also meant telling the enemy where you want to strike, giving them the advance whilst disadvantaged yourself.

Opening up humanitarian corridors, helping babies in incubators to move.

I conclude the IDF is the most moral army in the world.

@Leo Gura the irony is that the situation seems beneficial for both Hamas (they got Israel to fight back making the palestine question relevant again) and Israel (many say their true goal is not to "destroy hamas" but to exploit the attention to the strip to speed up the process of making the west bank settlements definitive and expel the residual palestinian polulation that is "in the way").

https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/palestinians-in-west-bank-flee-after-settler-violence-we-were-forced-to-leave-7d3c1988?mod=hp_lead_pos1
the nytimes wrote about it aswell and they have free articles.

2 minutes ago, jaylimix said:

Ok.

3 minutes ago, jaylimix said:

Telling civilians to move south also meant telling the enemy where you want to strike, giving them the advance whilst disadvantaged yourself.

Ok.

4 minutes ago, jaylimix said:

Ok.

4 minutes ago, jaylimix said:

Genius.

Communicating to who? People who had their communications cut?

How long does it take to move a million people south down a couple of roads under fire?
What about all the people that can't move? Screw them right?
What about the people when they get south, sit them in a desert right, let them starve, screw them.
Blow anyone up that says a bad word about you? Can't have that.
Ban me if I say what I really feel right on a communication platform? Criminalize an opposing view that would moderate the response.

Israel has flattened almost the entire north from hospitals to schools. Taken no other approach other than bomb, bomb, bomb.  Used the most extreme option first, with no sense at all.

I conclude the propaganda and self-delusion here is unreal.

On 12/11/2023 at 5:31 AM, Lila9 said:

Usually I don't feel comfortable to say where I am from because I'm a private person in general and I try to keep this is vague as possible.

But since you are asking me directly and I can't lie to you, I'm actually an Israeli, live in Israel, I served in the Israeli army a few years ago and I still can vividly remember the 2006 Lebanon war when I was a child and Hezbollah bombed us.

This is why I so passionate about the subject, because I speak from my perspective as an Israeli, same as you are. 

I am NOT a Jew, Israeli, Arab, or a Muslim, for me there is no veil of self-bias, threat of career destruction, or financial incentive.

By default this already makes me a better judger of the situation, and I stand with Israel.

Just now, jaylimix said:

I am NOT a Jew, Israeli, Arab, or a Muslim, for me there is no veil of self-bias, threat of career destruction, or financial incentive.

By default this already makes me a better judger of the situation, and I stand with Israel.

There is never not a self-bias. You are yourself, you have a bias. 

13 minutes ago, jaylimix said:

Lol

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

Communicating to who? People who had their communications cut?

How long does it take to move a million people south down a couple of roads under fire?

What about all the people that can't move? Screw them right?

What about the people when they get south, sit them in a desert right, let them starve, screw them.

Blow anyone up that says a bad word about you? Can't have that.

Ban me if I say what I really feel right on a communication platform? Criminalize an opposing view that would moderate the response.

1) If you had been more informed or had just watched the video that was attached, you would have known that paper flyers on plane were dropped to the Gazans.

2) They have one month to move south before the real airstrikes started to rain down on Gaza. Keep in mind the targets were rocket launchers launching rockets into Insrael.

3) Carry them, they have a month's time.

4) Aid/Food trucks are coming into the south from Egypt daily, what are you talking about?

5) Are you referring to the butt hole Refaat?

6) Ban who? The Haaretz who is based in Israel, still talks poop about its own country and serves as the enemy's mouthpiece, witness what a true democracy looks like.

Just now, jaylimix said:

1) If you had been more informed or had just watched the video that was attached, you would have known that paper flyers on plane were dropped to the Gazans.

2) They have one month to move south before the real airstrikes started to rain down on Gaza. Keep in mind the targets were rocket launchers launching rockets into Insrael.

3) Carry them, they have a month's time.

4) Aid/Food trucks are coming into the south from Egypt daily, what are you talking about?

5) Are you referring to the butt hole Refaat?

6) Ban who? The Haaretz who is based in Israel, still talks poop about its own country and serves as the enemy's mouthpiece, witness what a true democracy looks like.

1) In wartime flyers acting as discarded pieces of paper are not very effective, often ignored being considered enemy propaganda.

2) Simply false. The response was almost immediate. I was watching airstrikes happen.

3) They had no time at all, they were immediately being bombed. The first people knew about it they were under fire. Not long after that north gaza was cut off and surrounded. You couldn't pay me to walk that blockade now. Even at the start have to be brave to walk out in the open under fire, watching people die around you, and walking to where? A place with no certainty of anything when you get there.

Not to mention, nobody in that region trusts anyone. For all they knew they would be walking to their deaths, many did.

4) The lack of food, water, and shelter, There is nowhere near enough. Also, the UN shelters keep getting hit to kill one guy, out of 30. Because Israel is dumb. There is no other way to say it, the way they are doing all this is ineffective, their leadership is short-sighted, and not very intelligent as to the long-term consequences of acting with this severity unilaterally. 

I heard someone who was pro israel turn around and say their leader should be shot today. That's the change that's happened internationally. They want to act alone, they'll be alone.

5) It's about 80 journalists who have been killed, but yeah people who speak out also. It was recently reported an elderly lady was killed by a sniper for saying she was older than Israel, as an example. The individual accounts, your feelings on killing people you don't like (which is concerning you'd state that) and specific details are less important than the fact civilians or the press are considered legitimate targets. Israel is acting as a terrorist state. By supporting them, America is acting as a state sponsor of terrorism. 

6) In wartime, outside voices help moderate the response naturally. Unilateral action with silenced dissent from the people with the most emotional investment, leads to an extended period of suffering for all involved. 

Banning anyone. When this first broke I couldn't say a word against this on the major media platforms, it took a lot of pressure to get that reversed. They were pushing a bill in the US to make anti-Zionism anti-Semitic, I don't know the status of that effort. It's incredibly easy to get your video pulled from youtube if don't walk on eggshells. They've been arresting people protesting in America, we get more leeway in the UK because we are not as far down the fascist rabbit hole yet.

The whole point of collective voices or diplomacy for example is to stop states going too far. Israel has gone too far. Targeting civilians on mass to cause terror. which is the definition of terrorism, and America is sponsoring it. Both Hamas and Israel are a reflection of each other. Its given me a good view that the American government is hardly better than Russia, just in a different geological position.

22 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

There is never not a self-bias. You are yourself, you have a bias. 

Okay I'll tell you what my bias is.

We came out of caves into villages when we were finally able to grow our food.

From villages we turned it into kingdoms, from rules to written laws, from Monarchy into Democracy.

We have suffered diseases and we overcame it with the invention medicines.

We have suffered famine and we overcame it by building a sustainable food production chain.

We build and build our human civilization and Israel is the leader in building human civilization.

41Cmj-2bHHL.jpg

So does Palestinian lives matter in the grand scheme of human civilization building? No, they are but a cancer to this process.

I stand with Israel and this is my bias, I want to see Israel survive and thrive.

So does Palestinian lives matter in the grand scheme of human civilization building? No, they are but a cancer to this process.

This part of you is psychopathic. 

14 minutes ago, jaylimix said:

I want to see Israel survive and thrive.

I will try and engage this part of you instead.

This military action will do the opposite.

I repeat, it erodes international support by its unilateral nature and its direct targeting of civilians.
Its aggressive response against a similar culture turns the countries in the immediate vicinity further hostile.
It generates hundreds of thousands more militia fighters ready to attack Israel. It will legitimize Hamas again in many quarters.
It legitimacies this level of response against Israel (and sadly other countries), it actually provides a stepping stone for the next level of response against Israel.
America is moving isolationist. They are likely in the Middle East to be replaced or at least rivaled effectively by BRICS. Iran does not like Israel. There is a fair chance that Israel will find less support as a result of this atrocity being committed, and given America's pull towards isolationism, could see themselves undermined significantly.

Yemen is being quite smart targeting naval trade. As this area specifically is where China will rival America soon, the ability to project naval power in the coming decades. So Israel could well see itself starved of what it needs to function as one example. It will undoubtedly see more terrorist attacks as a result of this as another example. Sanctions keep coming from different countries, which I should also show as an example.

Edited by BlueOak

1 hour ago, jaylimix said:

https://x.com/DrewPavlou/status/1733843183568900167?s=20

They call him a poet, I call him a butt hole.

You hate the guy and are glad he's dead because he didn't like an another man wishing death to his own daughter over the internet?

How old are you, 8?

This thread and the other one about Musk, Tate and co. make remember about the great forum functionality of hiding all of certain users' posts. I highly encourage people of using this function to make the forum more readable. Engaging in simplistic conversation with immature or biased posters is not doing anyone any good.

Edited by Girzo

3 minutes ago, Girzo said:

You hate the guy and are glad he's dead because he didn't like an another man wishing death to his own daughter over the internet?

He laughed about babies being burned alive in an oven, he called a man who thought that his daughter was killed/kidnapped a wanker and cu**.

So of course I hate the guy.

There is something seriously wrong with you to side with him.

10 minutes ago, Girzo said:

This thread and the other one about Musk, Tate and co. make remember about the great forum functionality of hiding all of certain users' posts. I highly encourage people of using this function to make the forum more readable. Engaging in simplistic conversation with immature or biased posters is not doing anyone any good.

Nothing is redundant. I like to think people only reply if they want to, everyone has agency in their actions. I have never replied to someone calling a population a cancer. Nor see this level of justification (from several viewpoints) for slaughter outside of a book or movie. It's honestly a learning experience.