Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

There are many Jews with good hearts and balanced minds that condemn the killings of innocent civilians, the ones that hold the position "war is war" and an "eye for an eye" are no different from a nazi troop in ww2 taking orders and having no responsibility for his part in that atrocity.

Being silent in front of war crimes worse than WW2 is equivalent to supporting those crimes.

15 minutes ago, Socrates said:

Amazing self defense bombing hospitals, probably hamas was hiding under the hospital's beds!!!

Whoever supports Isreal supporting behaviour equivalent or even worse than Hitler's

Hamas has already won via perception. Look at how the worlds come out to protest vs the mainstream narrative the legacy brands portray. Complete disconnect.  Isreal have over reacted and will be seen  as demonic.

They stopped Saudi’s normalisation of ties with Israel and a hold on or throwing out of the Abraham accords.

Saudi is the epicentre of Islam, Israel normalising with Saudi is like them shaking hands with the entire Muslim world which Hamas won’t allow.

Majority of the Saudi population oppose the Abraham accords already and MBS is changing a lot all at once already upsetting the conservative elders and mullahs so normalising with Israel after this would cause a huge back lack lash for the Kingdom.

I hope for peace to come faster and for their not to be a rise in antisemitism due to all this.

The question is how far does Israel have to go till Hezbollah comes knocking.

Edited by zazen

Does anyone who has more knowledge on this explain how and why Hamas still exist? what is their purpose or intention, what benefit are they bringing in this whole thing? It seems like Hamas themselves are the main instigator of conflict and obsturction to peace

1 minute ago, Nabd said:

This is normal compared to what Iran and Russia did in Syria.

I believe someone in the Israeli government said it some days ago that how could Assad do what he did and no one blinks an eye but when Israel is defending against terrorists it gets backlash? The current standard is Aleppo and what the IDF did in Gaza is nothing still so be prepared.

Even after all that happened I still consider the IDF way way more humanitarian than Iran or Russia.

Iran and Russia got the backlash and the worldwide reputation that they deserve though. On the contrary, Israel is being considered the good guys while they're literally carrying a genocide 

1 minute ago, zazen said:

Hamas has already won via perception. Look at how the worlds come out to protest vs the mainstream narrative the legacy brands portray. 

It‘s also because theres 1.8 billion muslims in the world nd only 15 million jews

52 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Any nation state would act the way Israel currently is in response to what happened.

Of course they would act the same and even worse than Israel. It's easier to have high moral standards as long as they don't have Hamas trying to kill them everyday.

Everyone is so nice and so good as long as they don't live with crazy terrorists.

Let Love In

27 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

It‘s also because theres 1.8 billion muslims in the world nd only 15 million jews

The global south condemns Isreal barring India except the 200million+ Muslims. Latin America also - look at what Colombia has said.

Now Canada has condemned the attack as a war crime, Turkey condemned the Hospital attack to which Israel has called its citizens to leave immediately in a childish reaction. They act like an arrogant narcissist on the world stage.

This is what Hamas wanted, objective achieved. 

Edited by zazen

47 minutes ago, HMD said:

@Scholar I was talking specifically about the hospital scenario. And I am not sure about all the specifics, but if you have well-trained commandos and high-end equipment, then you can pull off ground operations. Especially if you have Hamas on the other end instead of commandos from another country. 

Yes, you might lose men, spend more time on the operation, and plan longer. But it's definitely inside the realm of possibility. 

And building tunnels? That’s doing too much. 

You can say that they have a moral obligation to risk their soldiers life's and accept heavy casualities to spare the civilians who live there. But keep in mind you are asking for something that  is beyond what any comparable nationstate would actually do and consider reasonable.

Glory to Israel

41 minutes ago, lina said:

As a Child of Darkness, I am offended.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

reminds me of that conspiracy theory of albert pikes letter to mazzini predicting 3 world wars

i think it was debunked as a hoax

ww3 was between islam and zionism and other countries get involved 

I am afraid it might be real '--' 

https://www.gov.il/en/departments/news/excerpt-from-pm-netanyahu-s-remarks-at-the-opening-of-the-knesset-s-winter-assembly-16-oct-2023 

This is a struggle between the children of light and the children of darkness, between humanity and the law of the jungle. We saw this in the horrors that the reprehensible murderers perpetrated in the communities of the area adjacent to the Gaza Strip, and in the killing field at a festival in Re'im.

52 minutes ago, Nabd said:

I am amazed at the stupidity of the axis of resistance they think some tunnels will be a problem to Israel.

Seems more like the London tube network than some tunnels though....

A Call of Duty chatroom of 13 years olds but with government officials.

Edited by UnbornTao

@Leo Gura It's clear Hamas is running circles around the IDF. They don't give a shit about anything and the world is jumping onto Israel. The hospital strike is a great victory for Hamas, without knowing the circumstances or the full story the world is rushing in to condemn Israel. It's definitely possible for Hamas to have its HQ underneath the hospital.

The dead are already dead but those hostages are an incredibly traumatic open wound.  For some context, Israel used to release scores of terrorists just in return for some dead bodies of IDF soldiers. That was the Israeli mentality but now this whole value system is shaken. Israelis will have to cope with this great loss and powerlessness. They no longer can view themselves as some small precious nation, but also as a nation that knows how to take a sacrifice.

Edited by Vrubel

1 minute ago, lina said:

I am afraid it might be real '--' 

https://www.gov.il/en/departments/news/excerpt-from-pm-netanyahu-s-remarks-at-the-opening-of-the-knesset-s-winter-assembly-16-oct-2023 

This is a struggle between the children of light and the children of darkness, between humanity and the law of the jungle. We saw this in the horrors that the reprehensible murderers perpetrated in the communities of the area adjacent to the Gaza Strip, and in the killing field at a festival in Re'im.

I don't see much of an issue with this statement if it is referring to Hamas.

People are quote mining a lot, so you have to be mindful of the context around which statements are made. I saw a few of these misleading, and you guys should really not be taking anything Jackson Hinkle says seriously. He is a complete nutjob and misinformation machine.

That said, there are definitely remarks and generalizations about palestinians that were unacceptable within the Israeli community, which is to be expected.

Glory to Israel

17 minutes ago, Scholar said:

You can say that they have a moral obligation to risk their soldiers life's and accept heavy casualities to spare the civilians who live there. But keep in mind you are asking for something that  is beyond what any comparable nationstate would actually do and consider reasonable.

Thing is Israel does this in order to destroy the morale of the civilian population and to inflict terror.

It is called "terror bombing", used to be quite popular in the past.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

How do they choose where to bomb?

Probably some of the bombings are done on purpose to instill terror on the civilian population and for revenge.

Google "terror bombing", was quite popular in the past.

Considering Israel sees Palestines as subhuman trash, it is not hard to believe they would be capable of it and have no moral qualms. 

5 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

Thing is Israel does this in order to destroy the morale of the civilian population and to inflict terror.

I don't think so. It is not known how Israeli soldiers will behave in a real war scenario. They are normal guys born in a first world country, with all the comforts, with a lifetime of possibilities ahead of them, not fanatics eager to go to paradise. Getting them into an ambush war in a city can go wrong, although they may behave bravely, it's impossible to know. Better to pave the way as much as possible

1 minute ago, Karmadhi said:

I am not compelled of that narrative. The russians flattened entire cities, causing possibly over 25.000 civilian deaths in the siege of Mariupol alone, and much of it was simply for military reasons.

Again, if the Ukrainians did to Russia what Hamas did to Israel, I would expect Russia to nuke Kiev.

Glory to Israel