jdc7733

Are there methods other than meditation or psychedelics to be an observer?

30 posts in this topic

I can’t just sit and do meditation, don’t always have access to psychedelics, what else is there?

31 minutes ago, jdc7733 said:

I can’t just sit and do meditation, don’t always have access to psychedelics, what else is there?

You can try expanding your ego the natural way by practicing compassion, gratitude, forgiveness and love in everyday life and doing 5 minutes of meditation everyday. Also, try practicing mindfulness.

1 hour ago, jdc7733 said:

Meditation doesn't need you to be sitting down. It's at its core a letting go / dropping of the mind. Usually by connecting with your breath as a sort of grounding in the present moment, but other means are possible as well.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

Simply all the time try to feel the now, realize the depth of this moment. Once you get out of the mental bubble and realize that you can see through the mirage that surrounds you and realize the bottomless depth that this moment is only once, doing it more times begins to be easier

The Fourth Way is largely concerned with Self Observation or Inquiry. Self Observation shows a person how  "asleep" they are at times. When we're reactive and act simply as stimulus response mammals,,,,

-_-

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Observe conflict within yourself and notice how terrible you treat yourself and other people. In subtle and obvious ways 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Self-inquiry.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Do you think this really work? Did you try it?

2 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Do you think this really work? Did you try it?

I've tried and it is really a psychedelic exp. You numb the brain so the heart can take over.

Look for astral projection /out of body experiences. There are good tutorials out there

If you are in the astral realm you are the total observer. 

Edited by OBEler

You can try holotropic breathing. I got some very interesting observer effects from it.

Don't do it if you have heart conditions or breathing problems though. And start small and build up over time.

On 10/7/2023 at 6:08 AM, jdc7733 said:

Watch this entire playlist....lol if you can. It's like a low grade psychedelic.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

I've tried and it is really a psychedelic exp. You numb the brain so the heart can take over.

Did you feel any nausea during or after whirling?

1 hour ago, something_else said:

You can try holotropic breathing. I got some very interesting observer effects from it.

Don't do it if you have heart conditions or breathing problems though. And start small and build up over time.

I tried it, but it is quite hard, I couldn't do more than 5 min.

49 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I tried it, but it is quite hard, I couldn't do more than 5 min.

What issue did you have?

4 minutes ago, something_else said:

What issue did you have?

All my body and muscles start tingling severly to the point I cannot take it anymore.

Listening to videos/ lectures from Leo Gura ,Alan Watts,Ram Dass, Sadhguru does it for me, dancing just letting the body dance to the music however it wants without judgement, walking for the sake of walking, I guess that’s walking meditation, being very active physically gives me that mental clarity and allows me to be able to sit and enjoy silence, handling my worldly affairs consciously like the way I work and live my life allows me to be more conscious, having integrity, maturity, patience, accepting things as they are and even if I couldn’t accept them I would have to accept not accepting them, that allows me to stay conscious, it’s a lifestyle, you can’t just sit and do one thing one time and expect to see results, it’s like you go to the gym once and expect to be any good at lifting or look like Arnold, same thing applies to living consciously. So it also takes time and effort, You work at being conscious and the more understanding,integration, capacity for being/staying conscious you have, the more conscious you will be.

Laugh at how cray cray humanity is

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI