assx95

Is it worth moving to an expensive location in the city for game?

21 posts in this topic

I live in the satellite city with my parents. The dating opportunities where I live are next to none. I have to travel an hour on weekends to reach locations where I can find the quality of women I want to date and sleep with. I am 28. If i move to the main city, I'd be spending 50% of my salary in just living and food expenses. In all, i would be able to save 15-20% of my salary, no more. I am a Virgin and my parents are pushing for marriage. I am consistent enough with game to get a number close every 10 approaches but they always flake when it comes to going out on a date. No luck so far. Must have done close to 250 approaches by now. Is it worth moving for game?

Edited by assx95

Just the experience of moving out and exploring will be worth it. It will boost your confidence so much and make game way easier. 

You first need to learn what game is otherwise it doesnt matter what place you are in ,it will be the same...

Edited by NoSelfSelf

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Moving out of my parents house was probably the single biggest improvement to my dating life that I ever made.

You can always live in cheaper parts of the city in the outskirts that have good public transport connection or are in driving distance from the city centre. That's what I did and it worked well.

And 15-20% of your salary going to savings is pretty good.

Yes. Spending 50% on living and food expenses is also acceptable.

@something_else you literally cannot save any money at all if you’re like most people. Between gas, food and rent alone you’re left with absolutely zero money to spare so how is saving possible?

I would have it made if I was living in my own place AND able to save 20 percent of my income 

Edited by Emotionalmosquito

Cities have more competition, you need to actually try to improve your game and work on your sticking points.

Moving to the right place is the #1 thing you can do to improve your results.

I have a friend who lives in downtown Poland in the best skyscraper in town and just walks down to pick up girls from the street. He sleeps with 2 new girls every week.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He sleeps with 2 new girls every week.

Do you get these kind of results doing pickup in Vegas? @Leo Gura

6 minutes ago, Yali said:

Do you get these kind of results doing pickup in Vegas? @Leo Gura

Some guys do, not me.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Centering your life around pickup sounds like such a waste of life.

But for some time, as an episode, why not?

Edited by Girzo

1 hour ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

@something_else you literally cannot save any money at all if you’re like most people. Between gas, food and rent alone you’re left with absolutely zero money to spare so how is saving possible?

I would have it made if I was living in my own place AND able to save 20 percent of my income 

IIRC you live in the UK, right? It’s pretty doable here if you have the skills to land any job that makes you over £25k a year and choose to live somewhere cheap. If you can’t currently get a job which earns that then that’s what you should be focusing all your effort on.

When I moved out 2.5yrs ago all my bills each month (including food) came to around £1000/month. If you were on 20k a year that would net you around £500 disposable income each month, which is pretty decent if you are young and single in the UK.

Could get tight if you have a car to be fair, and cost of living crisis sucks too. That’s why I said £25k is prob where you can start to save a decent chunk each month. £25k could net you around £700 disposable income per month which is def enough to start saving.

Like I said, the key is to live somewhere mildly inconvenient where rent is something like £500 per month instead of the more popular central places where it would be double that or more.

Edited by something_else

3 hours ago, Girzo said:

Centering your life around pickup sounds like such a waste of life.

Not if you're a sex addict.

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

@assx95 I recently move to a big city and have done 293 approaches resulting in 1 date so far.

16 hours ago, something_else said:

IIRC you live in the UK, right? It’s pretty doable here if you have the skills to land any job that makes you over £25k a year and choose to live somewhere cheap. If you can’t currently get a job which earns that then that’s what you should be focusing all your effort on.

When I moved out 2.5yrs ago all my bills each month (including food) came to around £1000/month. If you were on 20k a year that would net you around £500 disposable income each month, which is pretty decent if you are young and single in the UK.

Could get tight if you have a car to be fair, and cost of living crisis sucks too. That’s why I said £25k is prob where you can start to save a decent chunk each month. £25k could net you around £700 disposable income per month which is def enough to start saving.

Like I said, the key is to live somewhere mildly inconvenient where rent is something like £500 per month instead of the more popular central places where it would be double that or more.

This is laughable. What borough of London were you living in? Tower Hamlets? Even Tower Hamlets you pay something like £1000 a month for a room in a shared house with a bunch of misfits.

The cost of living in London is fucking outrageously expensive. A lot of people have to work 2 jobs simply to pay the rent and bills. To live in London comfortably you need to be earning at least £80k a year, and good luck with that…

Obviously if you want to become a player with the ladies then you’re gonna have to move to London. Towns in the UK like where I live at the moment nobody talks to each other unless you’re with family or friends. Meeting new people in a town is difficult 

@something_else actually I’m stationed in Midwestern US. Expenses could be much worse if I was in a huge city or along a coastline, or god forbid married with kids ??  But even though things could be much worse that doesn’t mean it’s not already completely undoable as is. I can’t remember the exact stat but I think it’s something like a whopping one third of millennials are financially unable to move out of their parents house even with jobs

Guess it depends how bad you want it?

If you wanna get laid, you can do that anywhere.

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

2 hours ago, Ajax said:

Guess it depends how bad you want it?

If you wanna get laid, you can do that anywhere.

With prostitutes, yes

With mentally stable women, no 

15 hours ago, RawJudah said:

This is laughable. What borough of London were you living in? Tower Hamlets? Even Tower Hamlets you pay something like £1000 a month for a room in a shared house with a bunch of misfits.

The cost of living in London is fucking outrageously expensive. A lot of people have to work 2 jobs simply to pay the rent and bills. To live in London comfortably you need to be earning at least £80k a year, and good luck with that…

I didn't say anything about London in my post xD I said I live in the UK.

I live in Scotland, near Glasgow. Many cities in the rest of the UK (excluding the obvious like London) have a similar setup where moving a few miles out of the town centre will half your rent.

Obviously if you want to become a player with the ladies then you’re gonna have to move to London. Towns in the UK like where I live at the moment nobody talks to each other unless you’re with family or friends. Meeting new people in a town is difficult 

I managed just fine in a city with 1/15th the population of London. Any major city in the UK will be fine. Obviously being in a small town is a big problem but London is likely not the solution unless you are rich or you need to live there for work.

8 hours ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

actually I’m stationed in Midwestern US. Expenses could be much worse if I was in a huge city or along a coastline, or god forbid married with kids ??  But even though things could be much worse that doesn’t mean it’s not already completely undoable as is. I can’t remember the exact stat but I think it’s something like a whopping one third of millennials are financially unable to move out of their parents house even with jobs

Sounds like the middle of nowhere xD The stat I can find is that around 15% of people aged 25-34 still live at home in the US. That's a lot, but it's not crazy. That means that for 85%+ of people in that age range it was possible to move out of their parents house.

Like I said, if you don't have a decent job that should be your focus. In an ideal world any job would net you enough income to move out, but that's not the world we live in unfortunately. If you are working a crappy service job, yea, it's probably gonna be pretty hard to move out.

Expenses could be much worse if I was in a huge city or along a coastline

I'm sure there are places where rent is cheaper, even in big cities. And you can also get a roommate. There are ways to make it more manageable with some planning.

However I admit I don't know what the exact situation is in the US and it's possible I'm missing something.

4 hours ago, something_else said:

I didn't say anything about London in my post xD I said I live in the UK.

I live in Scotland, near Glasgow. Many cities in the rest of the UK (excluding the obvious like London) have a similar setup where moving a few miles out of the town centre will half your rent.

I managed just fine in a city with 1/15th the population of London. Any major city in the UK will be fine. Obviously being in a small town is a big problem but London is likely not the solution unless you are rich or you need to live there for work.

Right… Scotland… is there the same amount of beautiful women walking about on the streets as London? No. The bigger the city, the better for learning how to get better with women. 
So yeah, obviously Scotland is cheaper to live than London.