integral

Inauthenticity Example

26 posts in this topic

Im not back, still doing a detox, just wanted to post this. :D 

The woman in the video comes off as very inauthentic and fake to me, does anyone else see it? Everything she sais feels  like she is not being honest about any of it. 

Edited by Leo Gura
Not a mega-thread

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

9 minutes ago, integral said:

The woman in the video comes off as very inauthentic and fake to me, does anyone else see it? Everything she sais feels  like she is not being honest about any of it. 

She seems fine to me. Nothing inauthentic to me. She seems happy and joyful and smiles a lot, but to me it's her natural state. Yes, she's in front of a camera and that may play a role, but overall she seems genuine.

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

16 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

She seems fine to me. Nothing inauthentic to me. She seems happy and joyful and smiles a lot, but to me it's her natural state. Yes, she's in front of a camera and that may play a role, but overall she seems genuine.

The character she is playing for the camera is the part that makes it inauthentic. She only speaks this way on camera. Shes not lieing about what she is teaching im sure she believes and is expeirencing it. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

11 hours ago, integral said:

The character she is playing for the camera is the part that makes it inauthentic.

We're all constantly playing one character or other and judging each other on it.

Maybe what you're picking up on is that the character isn't being played well enough - it's an uncanny valley effect (?) Personally, I think she was absolutely fine, despite not aligning myself with her content.

All stories and explanations are false.

I kind of see what you mean, but I'm not sure whether I would've seen it if you hadn't suggested it. The vibe I get from her is that she's a little shallow, but that's normal for this stage green kind of spirituality.

Also love how the first comment literally compliments her on her authenticity.

I love the variety of videos on your channel. It’s beautiful to see how multifaceted you are, while you embrace all the facets of your authenticity. It’s truly inspiring. Thank you for existing and embodying Divine Love ️

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

Speaking to a camera by yourself, for an intended audience in of itself is inauthentic because youre not directly communicating with someone so you are in a sense pretending to connect. You will also be aware that youre trying to keep peoples attention, youre trying to portray a certain image, as well as convey whatever message your sending. So theres a lot going on. Its hard to find people in life but especially on youtube who would be 100% authentic, even if theres a 'dont give a fuck' attitude, that can still be a character. 

All that to say, the woman in the video just might not be good at being 'authentic' to the camera but might still have a valid message or even normally be authentic. We would have to see her in real life 

20 hours ago, integral said:

The character she is playing for the camera is the part that makes it inauthentic. She only speaks this way on camera. Shes not lieing about what she is teaching im sure she believes and is expeirencing it. 

This is a bad excuse. Yeah, she might have bullshitted herself to a point where she actually beliefs in what she teaches. Because she has little intellectual integrity and her survival benefits from keeping up this delusion.

Or maybe she knows that what she teaches is bullshit, who is to say. You would have to research her deeper to know for sure, but why waste your time.

Why are we talking about someone behind their backs, especially when it doesn't provide any value? What's the point of this thread? To seek validation?

A mega-thread for inauthenticity examples also seems wildly unproductive, considering that if you want to develop authenticity then you should make an Authenticity Examples Mega-Thread. A thread like this invites rants and gossiping.

@Swarnim for the same reason Leo made the how to not get scammed video. It's is important to learn to distinguish genuine people from manipulators.

Secondly, it's good to call out snake-oil selling influencers.

Also, it's not considered "talking behind their back" when you discuss a public person. Is discussing Putin or Trump also talking behind their backs?

@Swarnim

I watched a video on the value of authenticity for youtubers and how authenticity creates trust+bond that viewers feel and they keep coming back for. 

Authentic people just feel authentic, its the free expression of wtv they currently are. 

Woman are notoriously inauthentic at green by forcing positive vibe and feelings into there voice and personality even when there not actually feeling that or not embodying what they are saying, basicly your inauthentic when your lying to yourself. But paradoxically you can authentically lie about your feelings to others thats different.

The teaching is good as it exploders the Descension/Body path of the Divine Feminine, something most men watching this video above are not comfortable with, at the same time she is not being authentic with her self. Her real awakening will come when she lets go of what ever it is holding her back from fully experiencing and letting in realityright now its being strongly held back, she isnt really connecting with people deep down. I see it... 

Edited by integral

37 minutes ago, integral said:

@Swarnim

I watched a video on the value of authenticity for youtubers and how authenticity creates trust+bond that viewers feel and they keep coming back for. 

Authentic people just feel authentic, its the free expression of wtv they currently are. 

Woman are notoriously inauthentic at green by forcing positive vibe and feelings into there voice and personality even when there not actually feeling that or not embodying what they are saying, basicly your inauthentic when your lying to yourself. But paradoxically you can authentically lie about your feelings to others thats different.

The teaching is good as it exploders the Descension/Body path of the Divine Feminine, something most men watching this video above are not comfortable with, at the same time she is not being authentic with her self. Her real awakening will come when she lets go of what ever it is holding her back from fully experiencing and letting in reality, right now its being strongly held back, she isnt really connecting with people deep down. I see it... 

my bad. This post does have value

@acidgoofy @Princess Arabia Seeing as you guys both dont view her as inauthentic im curious to see examples of people you think are. Maybe you guys have a bais towards green spirituality and cant see how inauthenticity can show up. Inauthenticity can happen at any stage of development. 

I get the feeling that something is "off", but I don't know what or why. It does feel at least partially inauthentic. However, I'm not sure if it's because of the person actually being inauthentic or is it issue in myself. I'm unable to "feel what she feels". Her expressions and tone of voice feels somewhat forced. There's something similar to my video introduction we had to do for English class in school. The way I was in the video and the way I talked were practiced act. So I could be projecting that. 

I don't know, I don't seem to be going anywhere with this.

She doesn't seem to me as inauthentic, or more inauthentic than the average person.

She seems geniunly happy and passionate about the subject, maybe a bit nervous or just not feeling comfortable or natural enough in front of the camera and trying to compensate that by putting more efforts in appearing more confident than what she is feeling at the moment.

Many people do that, it's normal.

If this is how you judge authenticity In people, this is very flawed way of judgement.

Consider that there are many psychopaths and narcissistic people in the world who talk so convincingly in front of the camera that you would never assume they are inauthentic.

13 hours ago, integral said:

The teaching is good as it exploders the Descension/Body path of the Divine Feminine, something most men watching this video above are not comfortable with, at the same time she is not being authentic with her self. Her real awakening will come when she lets go of what ever it is holding her back from fully experiencing and letting in reality, right now its being strongly held back, she isnt really connecting with people deep down. I see it... 

I think that you are partially projecting and partially make it more of an issue than it really is.

Maybe you don't remember the last time when you felt so good and in such peace that you wanted to share it with the entire world. If you often don't feel mentality well and meet people who express positive emotions, you may assume they are faking it, because you assume that if it's not possible for you, it's not possible for others.

I don't say that she is authentic or inauthentic because I really don't know. It may be 50/50, it may be 70/30 or even 100. She's the only one who can tell, and she is the only one who's accountable for that.

More important than looking on others is our own self inquiry.

What about you? Are you being authentic all the time?

And when you are not being authentic, what is the reason for that?

Fear? Shame? Your craving to be liked and validated? Your craving to control and manipulate people?

No matter what it is, can you have for a second, compassion for the part in you (even if it's very small) that isn't authentic?

Can you do the same for others?

Let Love In

2 hours ago, Lila9 said:

She doesn't seem to me as inauthentic, or more inauthentic than the average person.

She seems geniunly happy and passionate about the subject, maybe a bit nervous or just not feeling comfortable or natural enough in front of the camera and trying to compensate that by putting more efforts in appearing more confident than what she is feeling at the moment.

Many people do that, it's normal.

If this is how you judge authenticity In people, this is very flawed way of judgement.

Consider that there are many psychopaths and narcissistic people in the world who talk so convincingly in front of the camera that you would never assume they are inauthentic.

I think that you are partially projecting and partially make it more of an issue than it really is.

Maybe you don't remember the last time when you felt so good and in such peace that you wanted to share it with the entire world. If you often don't feel mentality well and meet people who express positive emotions, you may assume they are faking it, because you assume that if it's not possible for you, it's not possible for others.

I don't say that she is authentic or inauthentic because I really don't know. It may be 50/50, it may be 70/30 or even 100. She's the only one who can tell, and she is the only one who's accountable for that.

More important than looking on others is our own self inquiry.

What about you? Are you being authentic all the time?

And when you are not being authentic, what is the reason for that?

Fear? Shame? Your craving to be liked and validated? Your craving to control and manipulate people?

No matter what it is, can you have for a second, compassion for the part in you (even if it's very small) that isn't authentic?

Can you do the same for others?

I know she is not being authentic because I am experiencing real empathy. Real empathy mostly comes from deeply understanding someone with out personal agenda or bais getting in the way. Personal bias doesnt happen because your present with your true self, a meta-self.

In contrast her source of empathy is to look inside for a positive loving frequency/emotion and experiencing that emotion or to view life from the lens of the cosmos. A story of empathy, "we are all one" is a story until you actually awaken to it. 

If we compare the 2 methods we see the the second one is unsustainable when the person being loved does not reciprocate or does something "bad" as you'll take it personally. Green loves hating everything that isnt loving lol

It clear as day that she is not being authentic because truly loving people don't act loving, it instead shows up in there words and actions in a authentic ways, look at sadhguru for example, is his personality constantly repeating loving affirmations, trying to guide people to a loving emotion? No! He says what is truly loving to say! Its night and day. 

The stereo type character of a person constantly saying loving things is not love! Its an act, a truly loving person is never loving on the surface in that way. its a bullshit mask.

More importantly then all of this, I know she is fake because you can instantly feel it, if people are not feeling it its because they are out of tune with authenticity.

When your being inauthentic with yourself you feel it strongly, its unmistakable. The same can be said when you see it from others.

2 hours ago, Lila9 said:

Authenticity cannot be faked and thats the purpose of this thread, it can be seen clearly within 20 seconds of interacting with someone. 

Its the reason people are fooled by fake gurus, why people cant identify a cult, why people have issues with leo, all of these are part of the same blind spot. A inability to see the blatant inauthenticity.

Another important point is a inability of identifying inauthenticity is a reflection of ones naivety. 

Edited by integral

Yeah TV personna is pretty fake. The first time i met a bunch of influencers and I was really shocked how different their personality was to the their youtube personna. 

This goes with more stuff.  'Professional' demeanor where people work. Customer service. Professional demeanor in corporate 

And also  'polite' society where people on the street and strangers have a nice personna to others 

Edited by Jacob Morres

On 8/28/2023 at 6:33 PM, integral said:

I see it too, but there is truth in inauthenticity also....truth is twisty and paradoxical like that. But yeah I see it, but that vibe can come from lack of preparation, nervousness, etc. It doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't believe in what she teaches, it could just mean she hasn't mastered learning how to present in a masterful way. Could just be slight performance anxiety.

There are two types of inauthenticity, lack of confidence/conviction, or malicious intent. I'm not picking up any malicious intent, outside of wanting to get views/attention which is normal for uploading.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.