AndylizedAAY

How do you convince people of things from actualized.org?

23 posts in this topic

Assuming that someone is willing to listen, how do you explain to someone why you started actualized.org and convince that it's worth looking into while minimizing backlash from religion, dogma, assumptions, etc? How would you know if you are ready from the fallback if there are authority figures in your life? What would you say is the most convincing reason to purchase the booklist if it is less appealing than the life purpose course to am outsider? How do you make a topic of a book more appealing to an outsider and clear up misconceptions for why that person might think of it as evil or hocus pocus? 

Proceed with caution. Most people don't want their reality messed with. And ask yourself why you want to evangelize anyway? I'm guessing you really like Leo and you want to be liked by other people as much as you like leo. But unless you have some sort of authority over the other person they're very unlikely to take your word for all this stuff. Also you're probably not as advanced as you think and so you're teaching can be pretty incomplete. Also teaching is not that great it's very tiring and frustrating and the students rarely get it right the first time. Most of the time you're just going to be wasting your breath and alienating people. 

I Did not make good experience with normal Friends carefully touch topics of actualized.orgs. If they are not spiritual, you will get some strange ridiculous looking from them. 

However if they are spiritual thats complete different 

I always try to use screening questions like "What are your thoughts on Aliens", "Have you ever tried psychedelics", "Do you meditate or do yoga", "Have you heard of books like The Power of Now, Be Here Now, or the Bhagavad Gita", etc. You can get a pretty good idea of someones stage of development and openness to new ideas by their answers and then afterwards you can point them in the right direction by recommending a video that would seem interesting to them.

I failed every time i tried to show Leo's videos to someone, even people supposedly interested in self-development.

Maybe the long lenght videos (1h+) isn't appealing for firstcomers...

I guess is only for the CHOSEN ONESSSS B|

@Recursoinominado @Phil King lol Yeah it's so interesting to see how they cannot understand the value behind leo's Videos. 

Even people on pickup, self developement path. If they are Orange then leo's content is not interesting for them

They may or may not be interested in these things at first. You can't control them. Invite them to look into it.

I'd advise against trying to convince others -- what does that get you? Let them make up their mind whether this material is worthy or not. Make it clear to them that the work is real, encourage them to come from a grounded and yet open disposition, not from intellect and fantasies. The material has to be studied, contemplated and validated in one's experience. Needing to convince others can easily be seen as cultish behavior.

What is there to fear about buying a booklist? If they show interest, let them consider the material and let them know of the value you've gotten from it, if any.

Edited by UnbornTao

I recently shared Debunking The Myth Of Science - Part 1 with a friend. His response was 'Yeah I'm not watching that lol'.

And I have to admit, I did challenge him on his reflexive dismissal, probably a little too much in retrospect. But I don't just go around sharing videos with everybody. This particular friend has a pinprick of open-mindedness so I wanted to give him a nudge. I have other friends who are so stubborn that I would never dream of sharing anything outside of their paradigm with them.

Something funny I have noticed with people who actually did watch a video I sent them is they all came back and said some variation of 'yeah, I already knew that'.

You don't ?

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

You can't convince people of anything including watching self-help youtube videos.
You just pass yourself off as autistic, nice person etc depending on the context.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@AndylizedAAY

You don't necessary need to speak about topics taugh here to other people. Just casually outline things you've personally benefitted from spirituality. If they seem interested they'll ask more about your hobby if they don't then just change topic and try again later or wait until they face challenging moment of life and explain how spirituality could act as a tool to get over it.

Who told you that "others" are real?

You DON'T

Trust me, I've tried with so many open minded, stage yellow people, and it won't work. Not only is Leo's teaching not fully developed by his own admittance, given this apology, but you are going to drive yourself INSANE trying to convince anyone who does not see the value of this work that it's valuable. Don't try.

@SonataAllegro can you elaborate a bit more how they dismissed leo's videos/teachings? 

Would be interesting to hear 

Focus on the yellow stuff, models, self-development, recontextualization, survival, making distinctions, how learning works, new perspectives how to think outside the box.

Never speak of the god stuff.

I met a spiritual girl who was stuck at green looking for deeper answers, so i sent her leos 9 stages of ego development.

I met a random guy at the park who liked talking about politics so i sent him leo conscious politics video. 

Make it relevant to there interests and close to there level of development. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

12 hours ago, OBEler said:

@SonataAllegro can you elaborate a bit more how they dismissed leo's videos/teachings? 

Would be interesting to hear 

@OBElerWell, I know that they would because of how extraordinary they are. You should know what they are by now and I won't be getting into that here.

I have a younger friend of mine who doesn't want to show his parents the website that has the life purpose because of the blog that disagrees with their religious views on God, their political views, etc. He showed me a-work-around and wants to be listened to by me because he doesn't feel that way from anyone else and he said that he had to download a torrent file of the life purpose course because of his concern. He also stole his parents credit card to buy the booklist because he thought that the topics would go against his parent's beliefs. He was thinking about joining the forum because of these issues but I have to ask you this important question:

Would this friend of mine be banned for doing these things if he were to be on the forum and if so, should I tell him that he shouldn't join the forum? I'll leave as anonymous and he can always make up a name on the forum anyways.

I find these problems very relatable to me that relates to your question except I didn't do the things he did. Although what he did was illegal, I don't really think it's his fault, something has to be done. Was it actually wrong for him to do these things? I found out about stealing his parents credit card because he was talking buying Leo's future course on Awakening and telling me what Leo would say because he knew that I was open to it which caused him to get in trouble for what he did because his parents read his text messages. I told him that I cannot get a job in Russia without a college degree and that I rely on my parents moneyhttps://poe.com/s/uYMqxbVs6v0GFL8S81TV. They said that it's a VISA situation that they cannot control otherwise I wouldn't have to leave the country every six months. What advice would you give him? 

Edited by AndylizedAAY
To make the story more clear.

You don't really need to convince anyone of your beliefs. Just let people be. If they find this kind off self-help and spirituality stuff interesting, then they'll be receptive to it. No need to push. Keep in mind that this kind of self-help and spirituality is quiet western.

Stealing money from your parents in order to buy a self-help product is obviously a bad idea. It'll lead to resentment and accusations of you being brainwashed. Why would you do that to your own parents (you or your friend, that is)?

I'd advice to wait till your situation is more stable and that you have some money on the side before you invest in expensive products. There's more than enough free material on the internett to keep you going for years and years.

34 minutes ago, Basman said:

Stealing money from your parents in order to buy a self-help product is obviously a bad idea. It'll lead to resentment and accusations of you being brainwashed. Why would you do that to your own parents (you or your friend, that is)?

@Basman What does it take to get banned on the forum and what advice would you give for my close friend in this situation but is now less of my friend for doing this? Just curious if this would be enough for someone to get banned. 

Edited by AndylizedAAY

There are states of consciousness you can reach, where you will completely understand that Spirituality is the biggest threat to Modern Day Society. Governments and the construction of society is done with a level of intelligence that it will make perfect sense why things are exactly how they need to be right now.

Spirituality should only be done when a person is at a certain level of development. It is the MOST DANGEROUS THING YOU CAN PURSUE. There is nothing more radical than true spirituality. NOTHING on the planet compares. So if you want to bring others into spirituality....be ready to be there if they suffer a mental breakdown and if they hate you for life.

The love of God, infinity, is ridiculous, and radical. The Love of God= Death. Spirituality is about confronting death directly. So think of authentic Spirituality...similar to going into a war zone. You are engaging in self-sacrifice. Some of the best practices to reach high states of consciousness are things like starvation, sensory deprivation, the original baptism (holding someone down under water until they almost drown), etc.

I really want people to understand Spirituality....is dangerous as all hell.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

56 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Governments and the construction of society is done with a level of intelligence that it will make perfect sense why things are exactly how they need to be right now.

Spirituality should only be done when a person is at a certain level of development. It is the MOST DANGEROUS THING YOU CAN PURSUE. There is nothing more radical than true spirituality. NOTHING on the planet compares. So if you want to bring others into spirituality....be ready to be there if they suffer a mental breakdown and if they hate you for life.

The love of God, infinity, is ridiculous, and radical. The Love of God= Death. Spirituality is about confronting death directly. 

@Razard86 What level of development is required to pursue spirituality? Are some people not meant to awaken? If the answer is yes, why not and what determines that? What if I want to awaken, could it still be possible that I'm not meant to? Your statement about governments and the construction of society seems to contradict with people from society hating you for life. Why would that hatred last forever? Wouldn't that make them worse off than I am?

I actually don't want to bring anyone into spirituality, I just want to prepare myself for why I'm into this and I need your help how to do it because of the serious consequences. Some people like my parents might even want my account for the forum to get deleted if that is possible and if they find out which means that I need to stand up for myself which is why I asked all of those questions at the beginning. Maybe I could then go on workshops and medication retreats if I wanted to which is a reason to take action since there is no point in worrying about something I can't control. Although I didn't add my full realnane, I regret the name I created on the forum because it's still recognizable. 

Also, how do I know that I'm not brainwashed into going to these places? My best defense if someone personal like my parents were to read this would be to fulfill the requirements to deepen my state of consciousness which sounds very new age and far-fetched. Do people even know that they are brainwashed or self-deceived? How do I introspect on this issue? If it is through feeling like Leo said, how do I know that it isn't delusional? I think that the exception would be when it comes to my desires but it's circular because it could come from being brainwashed. Leo posted a video on why actualized.org is not a cult but I don't think anyone I know would have the patience to listen to all of that. They will probably just spin more narratives anyways. 

Edited by AndylizedAAY
I wanted to mention my name on the forum.

Probably you can plant them with great videos from actualized.org and hope that the people watching gets awakened.