jakee

Wilbers new book - "Finding Radical Wholeness"

48 posts in this topic

Should be a good one. Unfortunately, it won't be out until Apr 2024..

From Integral philosopher Ken Wilber, a practical guide to finding a radical and complete Wholeness through a path that blends integral theory, psychology, spiritual practice, and shadow work.

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/729741/finding-radical-wholeness-by-ken-wilber/

9781645471851.jpg

Edited by jakee

here I would like to quote 50cents:" it's my birthday, it's my motherfucker birthday!" I was born in April lol

Looking forward to this, the release date has been moved to June 11th, Kindle and paperback versions pre-ordered. A list of reviews:

"A true visionary, Ken Wilber offers a perspective-changing approach to stepping into the fullness of your life!"
--Tony Robbins, New York Times #1 best-selling author

"With this exploration of the structures of Growing Up and states of Waking Up, Wilber's wisdom does it again. If, like myself, you are struggling with the disturbing rise in global conflict, frustrated fighting to end a seemingly relentless social problem, or wrestling with deep personal challenges, take a breather to take this in. In a time of brutal division, Wilber's authority as philosopher helps me navigate moments when I painfully disagree with what is said, and gives me an uncompromising reminder to rethink my perspectives with an open head and heart toward myself and others, to quiet my monkey mind, to appreciate all our potential, and ready myself to recommit to a life in the now."
--Julia Ormond, Actor/Activist

"Finding Radical Wholeness is a guide for all people who seek to integrate wholeness into every aspect of their lives. It is an extraordinary self-help book. It seamlessly integrates ancient and current Eastern spiritual knowledge and contemporary Western psychology about human flourishing. It shows the reader a many-faceted path toward personal growth and awakening without relinquishing the jewels of thousands of years of human striving for wholeness. This book champions a compelling and liberating view of humanity."
--Dr. Susanne R. Cook-Greuter, independent scholar of developmental psychology and author

"'Wholeness' is an ideal sought by many people and many movements, but in Finding Radical Wholeness, Ken Wilber unlocks the concept to reveal further dimensions and possibilities, and thereby gives us a richer, fuller, and more compelling vision of what wholeness is and what we can be."
--Roger Walsh, MD, PhD, Professor of Psychiatry, Philosophy, and Anthropology, University of California

"Ken Wilber has written an exceptional guide for the spiritual-but-not-religious reader. Drawing from a lifetime of contemplation, Wilber presents an intriguing and compelling vision of Wholeness, seamlessly integrating traditional wisdom, modern-day insights, and practical transformative techniques. Like all of his work, this book provides us with a roadmap for genuine spiritual engagement and a compass pointing the way toward our spiritual evolution."
--Diane Musho Hamilton, professional mediator and author of The Zen of You and Me

Posted (edited)

Sounds like a title I wanna read. May be the first one I read all the way through but haven't looked into it.

I love Ken's work. I've listened to many talks.

However, I have other books I read and only so much time. This one sounds like it builds off the models I enjoy.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Ken is one of the only authors worth reading.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I preordered it

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

The guy's intellectually brilliant. I wonder how much of what he talks about he's directly conscious of.

17 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

The guy's intellectually brilliant. I wonder how much of what he talks about he's directly conscious of.

Most of it.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Most of it.

Is he really enlightened?

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

I don't use that term anymore.

He's pretty conscious and intelligent though. For a human.

Edited by Leo Gura

31 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

The dreaded E word.

We don't use such terms around these parts.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Leo Gura I've always thought it would be nice to have a Ken Wilber's review on your book

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

Posted (edited)

On 4/13/2024 at 8:07 AM, Osaid said:

The dreaded E word.

We don't use such terms around these parts.

Don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. It can be called however you want, really. I mean it as a profound consciousness of one's nature.

Edited by UnbornTao

19 hours ago, Davino said:

@Leo Gura I've always thought it would be nice to have a Ken Wilber's review on your book

Leo x Ken intellectual bromance

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

it seems like the same theme as always in his books.. whats gonna be new there?

I buy it. 

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Posted (edited)

On 4/14/2024 at 3:42 AM, NoN-RaTiOnAL said:

it seems like the same theme as always in his books.. whats gonna be new there?

Probably nothing.

The title itself is stupid. "Radical wholeness"? You're either whole or you aren't, no need for adjectival modifiers.  Only a complete asshole would title a book that. :P

Edited by SeaMonster

1 hour ago, SeaMonster said:

The title itself is stupid. "Radical wholeness"? You're either whole or you aren't, no need for adjectival modifiers.

I thought about that, too. 

:D 

1 hour ago, SeaMonster said:

Probably nothing.

The title itself is stupid. "Radical wholeness"? You're either whole or you aren't, no need for adjectival modifiers.  Only a complete asshole would title a book that. :P

This is actually incorrect. There are degrees of wholeness. So the title is likely appropriate.

That said, I don't suspect there will be much new ground covered in this book.