StarStruck

iOS versus Android

39 posts in this topic

Which one do you prefer? I'm thinking about switching to Android but people are saying it is shitty and I should not.

Android is near perfect. I never have a problem with it. It just works. iOS is extremely restrictive and Nazi-like. Which is why I never use any Apple software. All Apple software is designed to make you Apple's sheepish bitch.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura couldn’t agree more. But it’s difficult, once they have you locked in and that with the iCloud shit and Apple Pay and all the other crap that comes with it, it’s such a nuisance to change everything over that you just carry on with it because it’s convenient. You know what they’ve done to you but it’s like ah well I’ve all this now so bollocks to changing it all. It’s lazy yes, but that’s how the majority think. I won’t lie I’m also of that nature. I’ve no issues with the Apple product, but it’s definitely restricted

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

All Apple software is designed to make you Apple's sheepish bitch.

IMG_0157.gif

I’ve been a android user most of my life. Once I switched to apple about 2 years ago, I never looked back. Sure there are some features that android beats apple, but the screen, apps to create artwise (almost like being on a ipad), it’s RAM and GPU, camera, the way you can share your files through your ipad, macbook, etc. as a ecosystem, runs fast af still 2 years later compared to my past androids, it’s just too fluent compared to androids.

As a plus, if you have the recent air pods gen 2, you know you’ll never hear music like ever before, best earphones I ever had and I do A LOT of editing. 

Edited by Juan

Fuck Apple.

Apple is designed for fools. Which is exactly why it's so popular. Apple is designed to be fool-proof. And fools need that.

How is this not obvious?

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Some nuanced comparison between the two, it’s gonna depend really what you’re looking into a phone. A good point mentioned for iphone is the responsiveness, I work fast creating stuff so this is a big plus for me, I need my procreate app and fast workflow for editing videos and photos, make animations, etc. 

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

How is this not obvious?

That’s just your POV Leo. There are some stuff that android surpasses apple and viceversa. If you really look up on the details inside the specs, apple does quite more than android, you don’t have to believe me, the evidence is out there.

Edited by Juan

Apple is awesome and people who say otherwise are snobs that are looking for a reason to feel superior

I feel like apple trains you to be tech illiterate - this is my biggest gripe.

I'd rather have the power to break it myself, learn the system > fix it. I strongly dislike being beholden to anything.

I can acknowledge that most people just want their tech to work. I feel the drawback to this causes technology illiteracy - so when it does malfunction you're fucked.   

Having said all of this I'm naturally a systems thinker so troubleshooting comes naturally to me. 

Android for me thanks!

Apple has the best and most innovative hardware. I would change to Windows plus Android if anyone made a laptop that can match Mac Air M1. 
Windows ARM sucks for now.

I don’t know how iOS is restrictive. I can do with it everything I want and I didn’t even jailbreak it. 

My biggest problem with Android is its Notification Center. Few years back I had an android phone and I remember missing emails and messages.  They just didn’t pop up on my screen. Sometimes I heard a notification sound. Look on my fucking phone. No pop up. I’m a tech savvy person and even I had a headache fixing it.

Some apps did work fine and some didn’t. Android is not stream lined as windows and android but I’m wondering if they changed that. I use my phone for basic things, calling, messaging, browsing and OneNote. 

Edited by StarStruck

17 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

I don’t know how iOS is restrictive.

For me its having file explorer. My brain literally implodes from Apples filesystem 

I shouldn't be so resistant. I use Apple (work) + Android (personal). 

I don't use anything else apple - but I can appreciate the integrated and seamless ecosystem 

Should also mention Apple seems to have less issues with apps as devs don't have 10 different versions of Android to write an app for 

Windows Phone was my first smartphone OS. It was so slick to navigate 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Fuck Apple.

If he was still alive I would stab Steven Jobs in the heart with an icepick.

Apple is designed for fools. Which is exactly why it's so popular. Apple is designed to be fool-proof. And fools need that.

How is this not obvious?

No, simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

And even if what you say was true, what's the problem with being « stupid » ?

Whether here or in other posts you show that contrary to what you say you are not what you think you are politically but a pedantic guy stashed in his ivory tower in the middle of the Nevada desert. I won't lick your ass because you're the admin.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If he was still alive I would stab Steven Jobs in the heart with an icepick.

His last words would go from “Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow.” to “Ow! Ooooow! OW!”

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Those restrictions have benefitted me as an artist. 

Because Apple is 'fool-proof', it allows developers to optimize their software around one user experience. Whereas on Windows/Linux, a developer has to consider every possible hardware configuration. 

This has sped up getting new features into the tools I use every day. Particularly on the more niche tools with a small dev team.

There is sometimes intelligence in dumbing things down.

3 minutes ago, Staples said:

There is sometimes intelligence in dumbing things down.