Jacob Morres

What are the main reasons people don't succeed?

29 posts in this topic

What are some reasons people don't succeed?

1. Knowledge gap. There's so much goated information on the internet to solve most issues! It's mostly about gathering and positioning the information for use

2. Lack of competence. I think often we just don't know how to do things. We don't have the answers, or we don't know what the problem is. It might be too out of your current skillset 

3. Really poor negative belief systems. I think people might have really bad, sticky self sabatoging mechanisms. This stuff might keep people stuck. Change is hard 

4. Information overload. I think this is a problem in the personal development community where we think consumption will fix our issues. This is self deception! What will fix our issues is goals and action! Knowledge is just the blueprint

5. Lack of confidence. I think this is a huge one. A lack of faith, trust, confidence can be a huge sticking point. You won't try, you'll give up easily. 

6. Lack of desire. Also a massive one. Without desire you won't push yourself over hurdles or to do it. Discipline is also key too but discipline and motivation go hand in hand 

Any other significant obstacles? 

Another one I can think of is:

- Poor environment, there may be people who bring you down 

- bad health fundamentals. Poor sleep, diet, or excess stress can really bog people down 

- mental/physical health issues 

Edited by Jacob Morres

Having low integrity and low standards. Not being loving enough.

Edited by hyruga

problem is they realize the day they retire that material success is utterly dumb and it's too late they wasted their life

put differently

the only success is realize the truth of sentence one and pursuing the only success that matters

namely leo's work

#1 reason: Lack of ambition

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1. Failure to do what you know you should do.

2. Misunderstanding

3. Assumptions

4. Narrow Mindedness

5. Anger or other stressful emotions

6. Failure to face up to things

7. Denials, justifications, excuses

8. Drug abuse

9. Doing too much of something

10. Limited Perception

11. Falseness

12. Inadequate communication/learning

13. Sloppy work

14. Believing what is most convenient and disregarding everything else.

There is no order to the list. Know why? There are a countless reasons why you could fail.  Failure is simply making too many mistakes and giving up.

Let's simplify. You limited your abilities due to falseness and lack of proper thought, actions, and activities.

Let's simplify more. You gave up because you were being an idiot.

Edited by Ajax

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

6 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

2nd reason: limiting beliefs and trauma.

Believing you have trauma and are bound by its story.

An exceptional therapist will cut through the notion of a you that has trauma like a 5 star ninja.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I don’t think it can be attributed to one thing. A car can be broken in many ways. But usually it is lack of action and there might be many reasons for that. 

One can have ambition or knowledge or whatever but still have no success because of no action. 

Usually a person with no so much ambitions or knowledge will have more success with somebody who has purely because he takes action. 

Now I think about I would say this: lack of self knowledge. 

Edited by StarStruck

Unsustainable, exploitative environment is really the only objective reason

11 hours ago, Applegarden8 said:

Unsustainable, exploitative environment is really the only objective reason

If that was true, why are there so many unsuccessful people from lavish enviroments?

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If that was true, why are there so many unsuccessful people from lavish enviroments?

Because that is still a unsustainable or exploitative environment. Lavish = not good. There is still a lack of inspiration or values that inspire action and human genius. It needs certain resources, I am not only talking about financial, and I am talking about holistic, long term success. Our values and education sucks major ass, therefore you see failures everywhere, even if they are rich. For example, I do not see Dan Bilzerian as a successful human being, and I don't even see Allan Holdsworth or Elvis Presly as a successfully human beings, because their pleasures killed them, but their environment was good enough to give a little bit of everything for their muse. Most people don't get those.

@Applegarden8 But see, you have made a strong thesis, then bend examples to match your argument. It can be done so if there's a reason for that/ But I am generally against such approach, and would stick to a more common sense-based approach.

My common sense says both your argument has missed and unhappy successful people are still successful.

@Girzo In a common sense way I agree with you, but we are in a self-development forum, where people constantly question their values and outcomes. Therefore I prefer to look at it in a yes/no manner. For the OP it maybe useful to look at my example, because Leo actually uses this as approach to be successfull in multiple areas in his life.

Edited by Applegarden8

Nobody can "succeed" given that there is nowhere to go.

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

2 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Nobody can "succeed" given that there is nowhere to go.

@Girzo so you were talking about my thesis and adapting my arguments to that, so what about this one?

@Applegarden8 This is obviously a terrible neoadvaita-like approach no-one really likes on these forums apart from people who continuously post in that manner again and again. :P I mean, this forum is like 8-10 years old, we all have already heard that there's no path and nowhere to go, thank you, no need to hear that again.

37 minutes ago, Girzo said:

@Applegarden8 This is obviously a terrible neoadvaita-like approach no-one really likes on these forums apart from people who continuously post in that manner again and again. :P I mean, this forum is like 8-10 years old, we all have already heard that there's no path and nowhere to go, thank you, no need to hear that again.

Maybe. Anyway OP didn't explain the semantics he applied to "succeed" so all we can do here is to stupidly contradict ourselves on a notion that we don't even use in the same way.

There is no success at an absolute level, but there is success at a relative and subjective level, such as being happy, enjoying sex, being financially secure, etc.

But I still reacted by answering the question of success on an absolute level because that's what people mean by "succeeding in life" in general.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Most people don't even try to succeed (in anything).

Those who actually pursue success usually become content after a few partial victories.

It is a very rare indidivual who is driven enough to consistently push through the MASSIVE resistance of comfort and complacency.

The more successful you become, the harder it gets - the more those around you (as well as your lower self) will want to shower you with affection, pleasure and excuses -- the more they will make you want to drop out of the game and settle for what you already are.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

They aren't either clear on what they want nor do they actually commit to it once they figure it out.

Edited by UnbornTao

3 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

There is no success at an absolute level, but there is success at a relative and subjective level, such as being happy, enjoying sex, being financially secure, etc.

But I still reacted by answering the question of success on an absolute level because that's what people mean by "succeeding in life" in general.

Chill bro, heh.

“Main discussion area. Practical self-help. No spiritual mumbo-jumbo.”

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI