Jacob Morres

What are the main reasons people don't succeed?

29 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

Nobody can "succeed" given that there is nowhere to go.

the only succeed is to be a hamster and to suck seed

11 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

the only succeed is to be a hamster and to suck seed

Hehe, nice. 

I believe that one’s ability to be creative and flexible with words can make them really successful. 

The problem with taking things too literally all the time is your perspective/point of view is constantly narrow. How can you be successful when your options are limited?

Although, (depending on the context) consciously making an effort to be successful despite limitations is a sign of success!

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Most successful people are business minded very young starting in there teens, if you have the motivation to make money you will, if your motivation and interests are else ware your going to waist a lot of time before you get back on track later in life. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

24 minutes ago, integral said:

Most successful people are business minded very young starting in there teens, if you have the motivation to make money you will, if your motivation and interests are else ware your going to waist a lot of time before you get back on track later in life. 

I want to live like Diogenes the cynic

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Here's another one, According to this guy, 99.9% of people are stuck due to a lack of clarity of goals

Edited by Jacob Morres

@Jacob Morres From a brief contemplation, I've selected several categories that are the main reasons people don't succeed. I'd say each category exist on a spectrum of severity:

1) Limiting beliefs, i.e. abused in childhood so lack sense of self worth that deserve success, victim mindset, etc. (I include experiencing trauma in this category)

2) Disabilities, i.e. undiagnosed ADHD, dyslexia down syndrome, PTSD (in terms of having disabling symptoms), chronic health conditions, imprisonment (i.e. by state or private person (e.g. organized crime)

3) Location, i.e. born in village in third world country.

4) Poor mentorship, i.e. deadbeat parents

5) Inability to resonate with or access healthy mentors, i.e. limiting beliefs mean that they unconsciously avoid or devalue would-be healthy mentors. Or, lack the means to access healthy mentors, i.e. lack internet access, or ability to read.

Most preventative category

It may be surprising but I would argue that number (5) is actually the most preventative. Because if you lack the means or ability to even entertain healthy advice you have no ability to succeed at all. Because you wouldn't even be able to entertain the idea that you could be successful or that it would be worth it. In my opinion, its actually an enormous privilege to even be able to entertain self development mentors. Because some people simply can't in my opinion. For example, I believe its not uncommon amongst the homeless population, particularly those severely abused, i.e. sexually, to not even have the capacity to entertain healthy self dev advice - let alone follow said advice. Some might argue (2) because say if someone is trapped in modern day slavery, but even then there are some people who miraculously escape and manage to become successful.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

For me it's bipolarity/depression/adhd

But also lazyness

And uncertainty bout how to use my time, which makes me panic and feel like a deer in headlights.

Just now, BojackHorseman said:

For me it's bipolarity/depression/adhd

But also lazyness

And uncertainty bout how to use my time, which makes me panic and feel like a deer in headlights.

Uncertainty knows no end, yet it will endlessly persuade you that there’s an end in sight.

Surrender sounds like defeat, but in actuality it’s about not giving attention or fuel to the part of you that keeps on doubting. 

This takes a shit ton of practice, but it does get easier over time, despite the many setbacks you’ll  have along the way. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Will persistance.

Just declare or I die or achieve this.

If you say seriously this sentence you will achieve everything you want or die in the try:P

It's a matter of intensity, how hungry are you? Do you really want it? How much? Would you die for it? Literally dying not in a theoretical manner, really dying for your goal. Here you can grade yourself where you are