Buck Edwards

I want to destroy my ego

33 posts in this topic

Guys, I have tried psychedelics (not hardcore, my first has been the hawaiian baby woodrose) and I get good results on it. It feels like I'm mixing into space around me. But I'm yearning for more ego death experiences. I want to know what other things you can do besides psychedelics for ego death. 

Cheers. 

26 minutes ago, Enlightement said:

I want to know...

Ego death is simple, just lose the "I want" and realize the know.

Unfortunately, simple doesn't mean easy.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

There's no destroying the ego, only learning how to transmute it.

Ego is but another frequency of energy. Energy can neither be created or destroyed, but can be transformed.

That's what raising one's vibration refers to – it's raising the frequency of your energy.

Meditate 2-3 hours a day for a year.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

There is nothing to destroy or erase. Embrace yourself fully. Accept yourself holistically. Expand yourself gracefully.

You Are Creation Itself!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Depends what you think of as "ego death", this term is similarly multi-layered like the word "awakening". Just thought I should point that out coz it's not as simple as having psychedelic awakenings alone in my experience. It can be incredibly difficult to work to transcend the ego thought forms. Also relates to whatever karma needs to be burnt/transmuted. It's good you're thinking about it.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

You are Consciousness. Relatively, you’ve got shit to do. But I can assure you, it’s all imaginary shit. And you as God can transform bullshit into beautiful shit :)

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Enlightement Hello there,

The ego is the entire "web of self construct. It can't be destroyed because it's actually not anything real. It's more of an assumed identity of past present future memories & experiences.......it's very sticky and clings to everything in order to keep inflated....it's the experience of lack or separation....like something is always missing or incomplete 

This illusory self (me) never gets satisfied. Whatever the current experience happens to be, it will always attempt to find a better one in the apparent future including spiritual practices and such which is another form of seeking/spiritual materialism (to become awakened)

Sometimes the unreality of this character is clearly seen through and there can seem to be a shift away from the energetic catering or upholding of this illusory self construct and it's relentless quest for permanent satisfaction. 

This is what's often referred to as enlightenment; awakening; nirvana; samadhi; liberation etc...

But it's not a better state or experience of reality & it's not a something that's gained attained or acquired contrary to popular belief.

It's the end of the opinionated and judgmental character always placing things into the good bad right or wrong categories...... it's the end of the knower

It's the freedom that's longed for and sequentially was always the case. 

♥ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

2 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

@Enlightement Hello there,

The ego is the entire "web of self construct. It can't be destroyed because it's actually not anything real. It's more of an assumed identity of past present future memories & experiences.......it's very sticky and clings to everything in order to keep inflated....it's the experience of lack or separation....like something is always missing or incomplete 

This illusory self (me) never gets satisfied. Whatever the current experience happens to be, it will always attempt to find a better one in the apparent future including spiritual practices and such which is another form of seeking/spiritual materialism (to become awakened)

Sometimes the unreality of this character is clearly seen through and there can seem to be a shift away from the energetic catering or upholding of this illusory self construct and it's relentless quest for permanent satisfaction. 

This is what's often referred to as enlightenment; awakening; nirvana; samadhi; liberation etc...

But it's not a better state or experience of reality & it's not a something that's gained attained or acquired contrary to popular belief.

It's the end of the opinionated and judgmental character always placing things into the good bad right or wrong categories...... it's the end of the knower

It's the freedom that's longed for and sequentially was always the case. 

♥ 

This response is immaculate.

Edited by Princess Arabia

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

On 6/12/2023 at 8:35 PM, Enlightement said:

Guys, I have tried psychedelics (not hardcore, my first has been the hawaiian baby woodrose) and I get good results on it. It feels like I'm mixing into space around me. But I'm yearning for more ego death experiences. I want to know what other things you can do besides psychedelics for ego death. 

Cheers. 

Self inquiry.   Lots of it.  Mixed with do nothing meditation and concentration meditation. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

By wanting to destroy the ego it's empowered it to be something that is fought against. The ego desires to be real and by feeding into the notion it is a real thing to destroy it is creating it to be something to fight and as strong as the force trying to destroy it.

This also puts consciousness in a state of conflict and peace, which is the absence of conflict, isn't found with conflict. This conflict causes self suffering so instead focus on being at peace no matter the appearance of sensations in the mind and eventually the ego will reflect this peace back because it only is what we feed it through our experience in the present moment.

Of course be aware to not desire the ego to be something of our creation or destruction, attaching one's peace to transforming the ego is just another device of the ego to get the attention it craves.

Just be at peace, no conditions are required, just be it, this is unconditional peace.

10 minutes ago, SOUL said:

By wanting to destroy the ego it's empowered it to be something that is fought against. The ego desires to be real and by feeding into the notion it is a real thing to destroy it is creating it to be something to fight and as strong as the force trying to destroy it.

This also puts consciousness in a state of conflict and peace, which is the absence of conflict, isn't found with conflict. This conflict causes self suffering so instead focus on being at peace no matter the appearance of sensations in the mind and eventually the ego will reflect this peace back because it only is what we feed it through our experience in the present moment.

Of course be aware to not desire the ego to be something of our creation or destruction, attaching one's peace to transforming the ego is just another device of the ego to get the attention it craves.

Just be at peace, no conditions are required, just be it, this is unconditional peace.

You will never awaken with this line of thought.  The ego is an illusion and awakening is the dissolution of such illusion.  But I understand the dilemma.  I do. @Enlightement  Awakening cannot be attained by an ego.   But one must realize that beneath the veil of the illusion lies God or Truth.  Truth is Consciousness- and Consciousness is all there is.  And you are it.  Thus, the glass can be broken.  But it must be done with such a precise delicacy.  A delicacy that cannot be explained here.   Because knowing is not knowing.    A simple curiosity into the nature of reality might do.  Do not press down too hard with the drill, or you will strip the bolt.  The perfect balance must be struck 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

You will never awaken with this line of thought.  The ego is an illusion and awakening is the dissolution of such illusion.  But I understand the dilemma.  I do. @Enlightement  Awakening cannot be attained by an ego.   But one must realize that beneath the veil of the illusion lies God or Truth.  Truth is Consciousness- and Consciousness is all there is.  And you are it.  Thus, the glass can be broken.  But it must be done with such a precise delicacy.  A delicacy that cannot be explained here.   Because knowing is not knowing.    A simple curiosity into the nature of reality might do.  Do not press down too hard with the drill, or you will strip the bolt.  The perfect balance must be struck 

So you are telling me that I will never awaken with a line of thought that you don't share because, well, you have your specific delicate way that cannot be explained here and it must be done the way you trust is true. Ok buddy.

Can't transcend what you're not conscious of.

Start with that.

2 hours ago, SOUL said:

So you are telling me that I will never awaken with a line of thought 

Stop there.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

37 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Stop there.

You change what I wrote in the quoting of me but it was you who created the premise about me awakening from a line of thought, not me. Thought has nothing to do with it but you want to make that it was me suggesting it does because you want to disagree with it as if I did...which I didn't. That's some sketchy discourse, maybe you should stop there.