DefinitelyNotARobot

If no description can capture the essence of Truth, then why talk about it?

89 posts in this topic

@Breakingthewall I don't know how to respond to that.

If You say your knowledge of Buddhism is very superficial, You can't really trust "your perception", no? Mine is too so I'm trying to not assume.

All I'm saying is don't just throw away an incredibly diverse philosophical tradition because Leo says so. Or because You have some thoughts about it. They are not "rats". Or maybe they are!

Edited by Sincerity

I like what I’ve read about Buddhism it’s very practical when you understand it’s principles. Just not the highest understanding. 

Also? I’m gonna read and learn from everything over time. I don’t care what Leo says or anyone else when it comes to my study I will study and learn about whatever I want. I at least need to complete the books on Buddhism I have. 

If you identify as a Buddhist though you limit your intelligence.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

20 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

I'm saying is don't just throw away an incredibly diverse philosophical tradition because Leo says so. Or because You have some thoughts about it. They are not "rats".

Well, i guess it was a just joke and as leo in the forum it is expressed very briefly, there is no more. Stupid joke? Sure

For my side, I have always had an interest in spirituality, and have read about it, albeit erratically. I have found in Christian mysticism, for example in Meister Eckhart, true resonances with the truth that I am, also with Muslims, like ibn Arabi, but with Buddhists... a desert. there is nobody there. that's my perception, but obviously, it's just an opinion

Edited by Breakingthewall

Not a single Buddist is Awake.

Buddism is pure bullshit.

The only one on this planet who's Awake is me and Peter Ralson.

Edited by Thought Art

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

?

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

this-is-getting-out-of-hand-now-there-ar

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The only one on this planet who's Awake is me.

incorrect. there are infinite levels of awakening. everyone is awake, only with a pitiful level. You could say that you are the one with the highest level of awakening in the world. but how do you know it? Maybe there are a lot much more awakened that they do not participate in forums to proclaim it

Eastern philosophies describe reality in negative terms. Western philosophies describe reality in positive terms. They are two ends of the same duality stick.

It is equally true (and untrue) that God is nothing and God is everything. Ultimate reality is beyond both the formless and the formed.

There is no philosophy with the capacity to define ultimate reality. Christianity, Buddhism, and every other belief system is inherently false.

I was thinking this morning, before reading this thread, that the surest sign someone is not enlightened is the claim that they are the only one that is enlightened. On the cosmic stage God may appear to be more aware in some forms than in others, but it is only an appearance. Even if you mistake the appearance as actuality, believing that your form is the only form on the planet in which God has realized itself is narcissistic and delusional. No offense intended, it is how I see it.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

If you meet the Buddha on the road, feed him to crocodiles

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What do you think is the chance that there are some random people across the planet, who live a solitary life in a cabin out in the woods, who're ridiculously more conscious than you two are?

beep boop

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

and now speaking seriously, I read that and more than someone awake someone a bit crazy comes to mind ??

That's entirely possible, I don't see why you'd quickly dismiss it. By definition only a handful of individuals are deeply conscious.

Condiser that historically, only the legend of the Buddha was "completely" enlightened. You just may easily misunderstand (by design) what is meant by awakening.

6 minutes ago, Moksha said:

There is no philosophy with the capacity to define ultimate reality

I think it's possible be more accurate. We will see. has not yet been formulated. people will go deep, deeper people than leo. This is just the beginning. Of course they will only be definitions and reality is reality, but they will be much more precise and complete than what has been formulated up to now.

2 minutes ago, Moksha said:

the surest sign someone is not enlightened is the claim that they are the only one that is enlightened

Don't worry, he added Peter Ralston in there

3 minutes ago, Moksha said:

but it is only an appearance. Even if you mistake the appearance as actuality

Are you saying appearances aren't actual? Is lack of appearance more actual than appearance?

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

15 minutes ago, Moksha said:

that the surest sign someone is not enlightened is the claim that they are the only one that is enlightened.

Ramana replied "there are no others". I'm sure he was deeply awake. 

11 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I think it's possible be more accurate. We will see. has not yet been formulated. people will go deep, deeper people than leo. This is just the beginning. Of course they will only be definitions and reality is reality, but they will be much more precise and complete than what has been formulated up to now.

That's an interesting perspective! It makes this conscious work feel much more collaborative. I've had dreams where characters came up to me and literally just went: "Dude this is just a fucking dream wake up!" and it's a big shock every time! I sometimes get the same feeling when talking others, where it feels like the dream is revealing itself to me, but it's just too shocking to believe! I especially get that feeling from highly conscious people like Leo, Osho and Ramana Maharshi. These moments feel like I am talking to myself in my own mind. Their words become my thoughts.

This makes me wonder about what the dynamic between self and other represents, within this work.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

8 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

What function does talking about Truth serve, if all descriptions are just substructures within "it"? 

All descriptions are It. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI