DefinitelyNotARobot

If no description can capture the essence of Truth, then why talk about it?

89 posts in this topic

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Breakingthewall Maybe he is a narcissist. But maybe that's just his style -- very non-PC and crude. I've met people like him. Some teachers that I had in high school and college were very unapproachable and seemed bitter, therefore 90% of my classmates didn't like them. But for some reason, I just focused on what they had to say and learned a lot from them. So I don't think he's a narcissist (which he probably is a little bit), and more about his non-apologetic persona (which he has always acknowledged before).

Also, I've noticed that "video Leo" seems much more useful than "forum Leo," in that he'll explain his points better there than he does here.

34 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Breakingthewall If he wants to be in integrity with his words he would self correct and say his opinions about Buddhists in a more matter of fact way. 

There was a video of his were he explained why he has such disdain towards ideologies(such as Buddhism) in a more "matter of fact way."

God likes to cosplay as a human O.o xDxD

19 minutes ago, EdgeGod900 said:

@Breakingthewall Maybe he is a narcissist. But maybe that's just his style -- very non-PC and crude. I've met people like him. Some teachers that I had in high school and college were very unapproachable and seemed bitter, therefore 90% of my classmates didn't like them. But for some reason, I just focused on what they had to say and learned a lot from them. So I don't think he's a narcissist (which he probably is a little bit), and more about his non-apologetic persona (which he has always acknowledged before).

Also, I've noticed that "video Leo" seems much more useful than "forum Leo," in that he'll explain his points better there than he does here.

There was a video of his were he explained why he has such disdain towards ideologies(such as Buddhism) in a more "matter of fact way."

you're probably right. What happens is that I think that this work is the most important thing possible. humanity must evolve. and for a communicator like him to say that kind of idiocy is to take a step back. ok you don't have to sell being a perfect guru dressed in white linen with his holy smile, but repeat that about nobody being awake except him and raslton... I imagine him in a straitjacket repeating that in the psychiatric ward ?. Really it doesn't matter, the important is the message and Leo is the only one who point the truth. Enough

Edited by Breakingthewall

7 hours ago, ZenAlex said:

Why would they live a solitary life in a cabin?

It's just one out of a million random examples that came to my head.

beep boop

8 hours ago, Sincerity said:

Doesn't Ralston dismiss Love?

Not exactly:

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

32 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Not exactly:

I listened very closely to what he had to say in this video.

"I try not to put out enticement, I don't want to plant answers in people" --> Sure, fair enough.

"But love is a side effect" --> It kind of is in the way he's thinking of it. He's talking about compassion here.

"The love that occurs from enlightenment isn't an emotion, it's not personal. It's a connection with everyone. It comes out like a desire to help people because you are people." --> Again, he's talking more about compassion and not Absolute Love.

Love is not merely a side effect or a desire to help. Infinite Love is what Reality is. Sure, there is also desire to help and a deep feeling of love towards others = oneself, all that stuff. If You ARE Love, it's hard not to be loving and desire the best for all (it can also include harsh love too). But it seems like he's not saying here that he IS Love or that everything is Love. He only thinks of it as a side effect. Which I think is... not it.

I still like Ralston though and have a lot to learn from him of course.

Edited by Sincerity

3 hours ago, Sincerity said:

I listened very closely to what he had to say in this video.

"I try not to put out enticement, I don't want to plant answers in people" --> Sure, fair enough.

"But love is a side effect" --> It kind of is in the way he's thinking of it. He's talking about compassion here.

"The love that occurs from enlightenment isn't an emotion, it's not personal. It's a connection with everyone. It comes out like a desire to help people because you are people." --> Again, he's talking more about compassion and not Absolute Love.

Love is not merely a side effect or a desire to help. Infinite Love is what Reality is. Sure, there is also desire to help and a deep feeling of love towards others = oneself, all that stuff. If You ARE Love, it's hard not to be loving and desire the best for all (it can also include harsh love too). But it seems like he's not saying here that he IS Love or that everything is Love. He only thinks of it as a side effect. Which I think is... not it.

I still like Ralston though and have a lot to learn from him of course.

I agree with you. I'm curious why he dismisses Love, I wonder if he's hesitant to making that claim because he grew up in the hippy era and everyone was saying "it's all love man" and justifying bad decisions with it 

On 2/16/2023 at 0:01 AM, Leo Gura said:

The only one on this planet who's Awake is me and Peter Ralson.

Are you serious about this? Why Peter? His clarity about consciousness astonishing but he doesn't talk about god which I thought was a criteria for you? 

The road to God is paved with bliss.

He's coy about it, but is basically describing "you are God/creating and imagining your reality" in all his books