ivankiss

Constructive criticism for Leo

515 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Honestly, I gracefully skipped your posts. The first couple ones seemed unhinged, so I simply stopped reading.

Ban me if you want. It's not like that was the first time.

I just might.  Only because skipping over my posts is a travesty.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 hours ago, thepixelmonk said:

He's not off any rails and thank god he can see that his work speaks for itself.

Edited by mr_engineer

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

One thing you guys will learn is that life will force you to pick priorities. And I have picked mine.

My priority is understanding and teaching people Consciousness.

This required I sacrifice being nice and sweet to humans. It required that I not respect human ideas much. Which humans find extremely offensive and abusive.

I can and will be respectful and nice to you, but only up to a point. And that point is Truth. If you cross the Truth line with me, you will get a verbal and emotional slapping.

I think respect is a very important thing. However, I am not going to extend respect if Truth is being compromised. The real value of my leadership is the standard that I set for this work. The standard is raw Consciousness. The standard is not how sweet of a human being you make yourself. That is a different pursuit which is nice but often just confuses thing.

Yes, my style is harsh at times. What I will make a commitment to, is to limit my dickishness as much as possible without sacrificing Truth. So I will remove all excess dickishness, but not more. In this thread the harshness comes out because the Truth was compromised by some folks.

The things I do are complex. I myself struggle to understand them sometimes. But there is also a higher Intelligence at work here that I am following. There is a method to this madness. It is not just some petty ego thing.

Ultimately my work will speak for itself. All these conversations are nice but this is not the work.

The real point of note here is this: Stay humble and openminded about what you think Consciousness and God are. If you do that, I have no problem with you. If you think you are above that, then we got a problem.

This was not a justification of myself to you, it was an inside look at how I understand my own behavior to myself. In case you were interested or confused about what the hell is going on.

Please do not attack @Inliytened1 his heart is in the right place.

If you want to do intelligent critiques of me, be my guest. But do not gaslight me about my understanding of Awakening and Consciousness. You want to criticize my style, my behavior, my views of women, that's all fair game.

In Leo's defence, if you truly understand Consciousness, you should not need validation from Leo. Because Consciousness is prior to these ego-games. 

One way of looking at this is that 'he's just an egotistical narcissist who isn't being respectful to his viewers, bad for business, etc.' Another way of looking at it, is that he's testing your ego to see how much it can handle. The statement being made here is that he is never ever going to give validation to your ego. This would be a problem in any other context, where your survival-needs depended on being able to get this validation in the wider world. But, in this context, he can get away with it. 

My criticism of Leo would be that I would like to see him completely give up using substances for the next 2-3 years entirely and then see where he lands 

It simply means im not here to cuddle you, im here to wake you up. If assholness hurts you then you are not here to get the radical truths you are here to make you feel good(confirm your already existing beliefs you want to believe) this is not to make you feel good but to see how deluded you are...

If someone calls you stupid it only hurts you if you are not secure in who you are.If you are stupid then its a fact and a great opportunity to improve right there ,if you dont let your pride get in the way.

If you want someone to be nice to your feelings then you didnt have masculine presence in your life become less emotional.

I love the assholness behaviour because its freaking real, its not fake and  its a sure way to see whos up for being worthy of information and who is not...

And notion that being an asshole is somehow you loving to feel power over someone is ridicioulous, its just low tolerance for lies and dishonesty.

In movies Villans are potrayed as bad guys but see how real they are,but Heros are potrayed as good guys see how dishonest and manipulative they are!

Edited by NoSelfSelf

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

1. There is so much teachers that are more soft and lovey dovey. Let Leo be the unicorn he is. That is one of his unique value propositions.

2. I understand the criticism but if the criticism is already being acknowledged by Leo which it was earlier on this thread then what is really the point of continuing to say the same things.

It is like you come to someones house, and the host cooks you dinner for free. Yeah sure, you can make some respectful advice that the food is too salty or that the meat could be a little bit more soft.

But if the host already acknowledges that and explains that actually he thought about it and he wants his meat to be salty and firm then if you want to come to his house and eat his free dinner you should be appreciative and not moan about the food at the dinner table. 

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

Guys, even though I am not on leo's side, but this is useless, everyone gave their criticism.

Now, focus on the work.

Take the useful things and practices from Leo and other teachers, apply them, and arrive at your own truths! 

Who cares what Leo does. 

Edited by Ayham

3 hours ago, Arthogaan said:

he wants his meat to be salty and firm

Who doesn't want that? ;)

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

6 hours ago, mr_engineer said:

In Leo's defence, if you truly understand Consciousness, you should not need validation from Leo. Because Consciousness is prior to these ego-games. 

This isn't about Consciousness so don't make it about it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

It simply means im not here to cuddle you, im here to wake you up. If assholness hurts you then you are not here to get the radical truths you are here to make you feel good(confirm your already existing beliefs you want to believe) this is not to make you feel good but to see how deluded you are...

If someone calls you stupid it only

It's the condescending attitude that simply cannot be tolerated.   Sometimes the bully in the room needs to be brought down because it's just not cool.  It has nothing to do with Truth.  As I said the metaphysical work leo puts out is second to none.  We had a personal chat about that and I told him I would support his work.  That's the only reason I'm not banned here and I again I would back him for his work alone.  But when you belittle someone you need to be brought down a notch.  And that's what he is doing to his audience.  He's belittling them.   

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You want to criticize my style, my behavior, my views of women, that's all fair game.

The only thing that I would criticize about you is your spiritual ego/identity/attachment. You can have a teacher's identity and teach spirituality without ego. And it's not that hard to do. Just stop repeating (in your mind at least) that you are the most conscious thing there is at every chance you get. Just don't focus on levels and comparisons.

Your style is okay. It could barely arouse me cuz I'm used to Muslim preachers who are at least a 100 times more aggressive than you. But apparently hippies are softer than a tree leaf, and your audience has it share of those lol.

Oh, and your views of women are ace, especially in medieval times. On the other hand, modern women (and hippy men) have fully-fledged feminist egos, you won't be able to communicate with them like equals no matter how you try. Feminism is a virus of the mind. The way I've seen it used is mostly about utilizing every chance to create a problem out of thin air, just to maintain control. So, I wouldn't beat yourself so hard about your views of women. Sure, question your views, but don't expect feminists to be happy, either way (cuz they won't).

5 minutes ago, Michael Jackson said:

@Thought Art you should be banned for changing my signature!

It was so annoying though! ? 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 I do not feel belittled. 

Do you have a deep understanding of reality? Forget Leo for a second. How much do you really know? I bet not that much. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

Or maybe you guys have an OCD.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

@Inliytened1 It was my all, my everything, my life. And now even that got taken away from me:(

Just now, Thought Art said:

@Michael Jackson Can you please stop 

@Thought Art No, I can't. You have no idea how this is affecting my psyche. All other forum members can have their signature as they want, and I can't have mine. I am literally crying now...

3 minutes ago, Michael Jackson said:

@Inliytened1 It was my all, my everything, my life. And now even that got taken away from me:(

Oh stop.  Put it back then.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Or maybe you guys have an OCD.

We do actually. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.