Loveeee

Looking for other teachers on par with Leo

55 posts in this topic

And I mean on par, even small youtubers I don't care

Please, thanks ! 

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

Vernon Howard

This guy is the fucking bomb. He exposes your bullshit on a masterful level.

Edited by Sincerity

16 minutes ago, Loveeee said:

Please, thanks ! 

Depends on what you like about Leo. 

Sadhguru, Daniel Schmachtenberger, Ken Wilber, Jiddu Krishnamurti are examples of very wise individuals you can listen to on YouTube.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

I should mention Peter Ralston as well. Probably the closest thing you will find to Leo, as far as personality and philosophy goes.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Check out The Dissapearence of the Universe trilogy. Teachings in a similar vein. 

Great thread, i too sometimes find myself looking for other speakers, but i find myself just re-listening to Actualized.

Seriously no one is on Leo's level when it comes to quality of material, quantity of material, directness of method, or ability to deconstruct and explain 

53 minutes ago, Edvardas said:

Check out The Dissapearence of the Universe trilogy. Teachings in a similar vein. 

clicked on this thread just to say this. The Disappearance of the Universe Straight Talk about Illusions, Past Lives, Religion, Sex, Politics, and the Miracles of Forgiveness audiobook.

I've read 80-90 books and its my #1 now , gonna start listening to it tomorrow for the second time

Edited by Jowblob

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

Thanks for sharing these sources.

Shinzen Young is cool for mindfulness and meditation advice, as well as Adyashanti. Byron Katie has cool stuff as well.

If you're gonna cheat on me, at least do it behind my back.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you're gonna cheat on me, at least do it behind my back.

Leo there's only YOU here

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

Bentinho Massaro

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

3 hours ago, Loveeee said:

Please, thanks ! 

They don’t exist. Leo is in a league of his own. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Jed McKenna - reading him is like reading Leo it’s a little weird 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

2 hours ago, TreyMoney said:

Seriously no one is on Leo's level when it comes to quality of material, quantity of material, directness of method, or ability to deconstruct and explain 

Peter Ralston is arguably way more direct and to the point than Leo.

If the theory and philosophical deconstruction appeals to you and you have a sharp intellect, you should check out Krishnamurti. 

Its always good to listen to different perspectives, even if they are ultimately pointing in the same direction.

Also, you dont know that Leo is "the best," until you go and seriously study other wise individuals. Maybe Osho is right, maybe Krishnamurti is right, maybe Sam Harris is right. Maybe they are all right. What do they agree on? Where do they disagree? Where do they use different language to talk about the same thing? Where do they use the same words and mean different things? 

This is obviously not directed at you personally, but I can tell that the majority of people engaging with this content do not grasp just how deep and tricky the subject matter is.

Epistemology is a real bitch.

So, this is a long winded way of saying: Engage with as many different perspectives as you can, no matter how much you think you prefer one of them.

Ken Wilber is a good option for self-actualization content. His teachings have many similarities to Leo's, with the advantage that they are more established and structured in the form of books, courses, etc.