DrugsBunny

Conservative Tim Pool Platforms Kanye, Audience Wanted More Racism

144 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura It's because they are intimidated by him. They will froth at the mouth and clear their entire schedule to bring someone like him on, since he draws massive eyes due to his fame/infamy. But they won't dare challenge or upset him, because he is a cash cow of media attention.

Money talks, as they say.

hrhrhtewgfegege

This is the problem with fame. People give famous people way too much respect/credit.

A stupid famous person is just as stupid as a stupid nobody.

The simple fact that people like his music just makes them blind to how stupid he is.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 11/29/2022 at 10:17 PM, Leo Gura said:

How is this different than Lex Fridman platforming him?

Of course Tim Pool has a large audience of far right listeners.

The problem here is that Kayne is so famous that everyone wants to platform him simply for the clicks.

I get what you mean but I don't think Lex just wants click, I believe he really has genuine desire for constructive and good conversation, and he tries to see different views while holding his own beliefs.

30 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

I get what you mean but I don't think Lex just wants click, I believe he really has genuine desire for constructive and good conversation, and he tries to see different views while holding his own beliefs.

Your statement suggests there's a need for an analytical conversation regarding whether the Jews should be hate targets.

The subject matter has no merit, so even entertaining this narrative is obviously for clicks. You think Lex, just because he has a calm demeanor, actually platformed this Nazi mental patient intending to carefully parse a delicate social matter? Seriously absurd.

Edited by DrugsBunny

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Kanye has gone full Conor Murphy, Lol.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

They're both just mentally ill attention whores.

Quick reality check Leo... you have just spent weeks jabbering about physically transforming into an alien, and prior to that had your own little "Kanye" moment ranting about how "gassing the Jews was love", so I don't think you have much foundation to sneer about mental illness, unfiltered nonsensical outbursts, or being an attention whore.

GassingTheJewsQuote2.JPG

47 minutes ago, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

Quick reality check Leo... you have just spent weeks jabbering about physically transforming into an alien, and prior to that had your own little "Kanye" moment ranting about how "gassing the Jews was love", so I don't think you have much foundation to sneer about mental illness, unfiltered nonsensical outbursts, or being an attention whore.

GassingTheJewsQuote2.JPG

I'm sorry mate but I think you might have misunderstood the message there. Leo worded it a bit weirdly so maybe that's fair enough.

Pretty sure the point he was making was essentially that no one really thinks that they themselves are evil, Hitler thought gassing the Jewish people would make the world a better place. He thought he was helping the world, that he was a saviour. Hitler didn't think Hitler was evil, he thought he was acting in the greatest good. Or as Leo calls it, Love.

But obviously from our perspective what Hitler did was one of the worst things the world has ever seen.

Edited by something_else

4 minutes ago, DrugsBunny said:

@AdeptusPsychonautica Yeah, no shit Leo believes all actions are god/love, that's the entire basis of spirituality. What a smoking gun, so brave.

Correction - it WAS the entire basis of HIS brand of spirituality, and given that he just publicly denounced all previous concepts of spirituality as bullshit in light of the yet unrevealed teachings of Alien Mouse God, then you probably aren't qualified to speak on his behalf ?

Anyway, given that a theme of the thread was "pushback" then I thought it was worth highlighting some of the hypocrisy on display. 

13 minutes ago, something_else said:

I'm sorry mate but I think you might have misunderstood the message there. Leo worded it a bit weirdly so maybe that's fair enough.

I think I understand it just fine, and if you notice I didn't say anything about the message other than it was unfiltered nonsense in the same ballpark as the recent inane ramblings from Mr West. Given that you also state it was "worded a bit weirdly" then it looks like you agree.

Leo is sneering at people like Kanye West and Conor Murphy for their unfiltered nonsensical controversial outbursts, but lets be real - this has been Leo's shtick for a LONG time. Before "going full Conor Murphy, LOL" was a thing then Leo Gura had already gone full Leo Gura, and he continues to do so.

21 minutes ago, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

I think I understand it just fine, and if you notice I didn't say anything about the message other than it was unfiltered nonsense in the same ballpark as the recent inane ramblings from Mr West. Given that you also state it was "worded a bit weirdly" then it looks like you agree.

Leo is sneering at people like Kanye West and Conor Murphy for their unfiltered nonsensical controversial outbursts, but lets be real - this has been Leo's shtick for a LONG time. Before "going full Conor Murphy, LOL" was a thing then Leo Gura had already gone full Leo Gura, and he continues to do so.

You underlined the parts of the message that someone who didn't understand the point being made would interpret as racism or a controversial outburst.

The message isn't nonsensical, it makes sense. It isn't even controversial. And wording something uniquely isn't a crime, it's just literary style.

I agree with you that there are plenty of things to criticise Leo for, but the example you picked isn't one of them.

Edited by something_else

@AdeptusPsychonautica 

there is

VIEW A

VIEW B

VIEW C

everyone of them is equally stupid.

there is good reason to hate, and good reason to love.

I don't see any difference in YE insanity vs YOUR insanity.

CHECK YOURSELF BEFORE FINGER POINTING DORK

one of them truly believe he is mentally sane, that in itself is my horror absolute madness show.
seeing all the clowns calling themself more rational, more true, more up some spiral.

the only sanity is to understand and fully embody INSANITY

THERE IS NO SANITY 
ALL THE WORLD IS PURE INSANITY

From my point of view, YE & Murphy are WAY MORE SANE than LEO.

calling one or the other view stupid or low consciousness, hahahaha WHAT A TRICK !

is just a total bias anchored within the body, a big fantasy, the biggest conspiracy one do to himself, the ultimate conspiracy !

you can have a god eye, but you cannot lead any cults if you talk only of the god eyes properly.
THIS IS THE MAIN PROBLEM WITH SPEAKING YOUR TRUTH. ( the only thing there is )

you can only speak the lies if you want the loves of the dreamers.

The truth WILL LITTERALY KILL THEM ALL
BUT WHAT IS THE TRUTH ?

I KEEP ASKING, I HAVE NO ANSWER ?

because if you have god eyes you do not stick to cults, YOU SWIM WITH WHAT IS.

but of course, leo is completely sane, just like you are completely sane right now.
only my post is INSANE !

Some of those lies will win, and we will call them "the truth".

DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING I VE TOLD HERE

BURN IT TO THE GROUND NOW FORGET ME

I M YOUR SELF DECEPTION

THERE IS NOT A SINGLE TRUTH I VE UTTERED

for you my love, godspeed.

Edited by A_v_E

1 hour ago, something_else said:

The message isn't nonsensical, it makes sense. It isn't even controversial

Don't be silly, its absolutely a controversial outburst. I tell you what - you go participate in any regular public or workplace conversational scenario and then announce that "gassing the Jews is an act of love". Do you think that would flow easily into the general discussion, or might some people (I daresay MOST people) have an issue with it?

Just so that we are speaking the same language, here is the dictionary definition of the word controversial - "giving rise or likely to give rise to controversy or public disagreement.", so yeah - its controversial. Its also nonsensical by the dictionary definition.

And wording something uniquely isn't a crime, it's just literary style.

You serious? ?

I mean... I get that its not "a crime", but is that actually intended as some kind of intelligent defence? Can someone say ANYTHING that "isn't a crime" and get a free pass from criticism? Are you diligently parsing Kanye Wests statement through the "not a crime" filter, or is fair to say that he is just generally talking bollocks? These are all rhetorical btw

I agree with you that there are plenty of things to criticise Leo for, but the example you picked isn't one of them.

It was actually three examples, although you seem to have fixated upon the last one, which granted had a nice image, but the others are right here in this thread and were also quoted. Lets do a quick recap

Example 1: Sneering comparisons of Kanye West and Conor Murphy, while being a repeat offender of similar absurd outbursts

Example 2: Declaring "They're both just mentally ill attention whores", while frequently acting like (to use his words) a mentally ill attention whore

Example 3: Blurting out unfiltered hot takes about jewish genocide, pedophilia, etc, in a manner not too dissimilar from Mr West

So the point which seemed to go over your head, isn't whether Leo is right/wrong on specific nuggets of content, but rather that he is a massive hypocrite who exhibits the same behaviour he frowns upon others for. I hope that clears things up for you.

@Leo Gura

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What's funny is that all these people like Alex Jones and Tim Pool criticize the mainstream media for being too soft and not asking hard questions, are the biggest softies and pushovers when it comes to interviewing someone like Kanye.

Jones and Pool are usually so aggressive, but when it comes to Kanye telling them Nazis are great, they just sit there and talk to him like a child. Any CNN reporter would have pushed back against Kanye harder and asked better questions.

Here's a question I'd like to ask Kanye:

Are you okay with me saying that black people are bad if a few black people screwed me over in a business deal?

What does it take for someone to be a racist in your book?

Are you okay with me saying that black rappers are thugs, criminals, and drug addicts?

Are you okay with me saying that your black children have low IQ and cause crime? Why not?

Lex Fridman, Tim Pool, Alex Jones -- none of these guys asked him this. Yet this should have been the first thing they ask him when he started talking about Jews.

And then when it comes to praise for Hitler, I would ask Kanye, Are you okay with me praising southern slave owners? How would you like it if I went on TV and said, I LOVE southern slave owners! There is good things they did. I love segregationists and Bull Connor.

This is so stupid that nobody platforming Kanye is able to properly reflect his racism back at him. This doesn't require a genius.

I think Kanye West has become the bigger litmus test for most podcast people, for their integrity. I'd honestly, before Kanye West went full crazy, I'd probably accept a request to interview Kanye West, but after his bragging of racism, antisemitism, conspiracy theories, and flagrant Narcissism, I would be refusing for the majority of the time.

Also, while we have this situation here, it brings up the question of censorship: how much freedom of speech is too much that we have to censor? Is it when Kanye West finally brags about pedophilia? Bestiality? Necrophilia? Cannibalism?

Where do we draw the line with choosing to platform certain individuals and their worldviews, versus ignoring certain worldviews?

Latest of Timcast, and their guest this time is Alex Stein, the guy that made Destiny look extremely beta in one clip:

@something_else @A_v_E   Don't engage with the adopted psycho guy, he has little to contribute to this little thread about Kanye West, he's just like him in terms of clout chasing, only here to bash on @Leo Gura whenever Leo posts something and add nothing to the current discourse. Don't give him any more attention please.

21 minutes ago, AdeptusPsychonautica said:

It was actually three examples, although you seem to have fixated upon the last one

Yes, because that's what I disagreed with. There are valid criticisms of Leo, your other examples are pretty valid criticism.

The only reason I replied to you was to point out that you had misunderstood the point Leo made in that quote. You called it a 'Kanye' moment implying it was a racist/nazi quote and underlined sections that someone who misunderstood it would have interpreted as racism/controversial.

It feels like you are trying to muddy the waters and misdirect around that point which I find it extremely tiring to argue against, and I can sense this is just going to devolve into a chaotic back and forth if we continue, so I'm not replying to you anymore. The above point is the only reason I got involved in this.

20 minutes ago, something_else said:

It feels like you are trying to muddy the waters and misdirect around that point which I find it extremely tiring to argue against, and I can sense this is just going to devolve into a chaotic back and forth if we continue, so I'm not replying to you anymore. The above point is the only reason I got involved in this.

That's literally all he does. Very purposely and consciously takes the most out of context quotes he can find and devolves the conversation into nonsense. Adeptus is just jealous how patently obvious it is that he will never be able to produce 1% of leo's value in his entire lifespan. There's a reason leo has millions of subscribers and adeptus has thousands. Leo produces real value. Adeptus is just some vlogger that tried to cash in around the murphy controversy.

Edited by thepixelmonk

@thepixelmonk

7 minutes ago, thepixelmonk said:

That's literally all he does. Very purposely and consciously takes the most out of context quotes he can find and devolves the conversation into nonsense. Adeptus is just jealous how patently obvious it is that he will never be able to produce 1% of leo's value in his entire lifespan. There's a reason leo has millions of subscribers and adeptus has thousands. Leo produces real value. Adeptus is just some vlogger that tried to cash in around the murphy controversy.

TRUE!

@AdeptusPsychonautica

Leo's core teaching is open-mindedness and intellectual courage. He always keeps searching for more  and keep challenging the traditional.

That's how a materialistic personal development coach turned into a spiritual person over the years and then this is how he started believing he is God. He willl literally keep doing this until his death. And he will keep giving people all this confusion becuase guess what, people are intelletually closed-minded and are not interested in understanding the universe.

If you not interested in challenging your beliefs and in exploring new ways of thinking, Leo will be the worst for you.

He sometimes may write in ungrounded style, I will give you that but he is consciously doing that and I personally love it. But at the end of the day he is still grounded and functional.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

@LSD-Rumi

1 minute ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@AdeptusPsychonautica

Leo's core teaching is open-mindedness and intellectual courage. He always keeps searching for more  and keep challenging the traditional. He sometimes may write in ungrounded style, I will give you that but he is consciously doing that and I personally love it. But at the end of the day he is still grounded and functional. If you don't like his teachings that doesn't mean he is a bad or evil person. I feel you have this picture in your mind about Leo, him being a sneaky devil or something. 

He's just being uncharitable and bad faith towards @Leo Gura, given his SD development, cognitive and moral development, personality and psychology, ego development, state of being, life experiences and other lines of development, including the cultural values and ideology imprinted into him in his upbringing and worldview and belief system. His career is being a YouTube Reactionary, that's what he does.