Leo Gura

Cutting Back On Profanity

78 posts in this topic

New F word is "Forgive".

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It is necessary. So my teachings are purer.

I think your teachings are most pure when they're the most authentic. You certainly like swearing so why fight yourself.

I think You set the best example for others when You act freely, without inhibitions. Most are (understandably) scared to do that.

Edited by Sincerity

@Sincerity his most authentic self is god realisation tho right? Which might mean no profanity but fuck knows ??‍♂️

@Yog I have an eye for paradox

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

The words we speak have power. Thank you for encouraging better communication. 

On 10/26/2022 at 0:33 PM, Leo Gura said:

Zen is very cold. I am a Care Bear compared to a Japanese Zen master.

These western Buddhists have spoiled you guys rotten with their sweetness.

So true!

It's interesting that I just read this from Leo. For past couple of weeks, there has been nationwide unrest in Iran, and many of the people that are opposing government are using very harsh curse words, so lately there has been a dialogue about this topic. Should we use insult and curse words, or is this too extreme? Most young people use swear words, but older people are more traditional in Iran and do not use insults a lot. It is interesting conversation, in families and elsewhere. But the bastards that are killing people in the streets do not deserve respect, and curse words describe those pieces of shit perfectly!

And of course using swear words have comic aspect, and comedy is necessary! I do believe curse words have their own function. As Leo said, we should no overuse them, but I am against not using them at all, it's an important part of communicating! and if someone is a fucking idiot, like someone who beat women in the streets, you must call them a fucking idiot!

You know who doesn’t swear?

Some serial killer. Surely.

6 hours ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

@puporing almost F-orgotten nowadays...

:D

Helps me remember we're One.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

I don't like swearing, so it's a nice and refreshing change to my eyes. Profanity is like profane propane gasoline on a kindled fire. Cursing is just not good overall, words are spellings cast after all, Judaists got this part right, each word must be honored as a rite, blessings bit more than curses.

On 10/27/2022 at 4:48 AM, Thought Art said:

@Yog I have an eye for paradox

Idk, why, but I read that with Jessie Pinkmans voice in my head xD Sounded perfect.

On 26.10.2022 at 11:03 AM, Leo Gura said:

That's just my personality. It can't really change that.

@Leo Gura It seems like your personality changed dramatically over the years, unless you weren't authentic at all in your past videos.

I'm pleased with your decision with cutting back swearing and using a more conscious language. 

For me profanity is a sign of underlying tension, that gets expressed with a aggressive, hostile language (profanity).
A sign that someone isn't centered and serene - therefore not a language a "spiritual master" would use.

@Ima Freeman He's not really cutting back

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"