Scholar

First James Webb Telescope Image released

29 posts in this topic

main_image_deep_field_smacs0723-5mb.jpg

James Webb Telescope using a galaxy cluster as a magnifying lense to look at some of the very first galaxies.

Glory to Israel

Beautiful ?

Edited by UnbornTao

It's hard to appreciate how big the universe is and how vast a grain of sand is. Infinity flows both ways.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Meh, I was kinda disappointed by it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

19 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

@TheAlchemist Now combine that with my post ?

perfect

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

Amazing, thanks for sharing. Completely forgot to follow up on the progress of JW 

#top right corner - looks like a black hole devouring an entire galaxy :o

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Meh, I was kinda disappointed by it.

Lack of imagination.

Glory to Israel

I wanted to see something unexplainable.

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Is there a black hole in that image or why do some of the lights around the middle look so distorted/warped? 

beep boop

38 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Is there a black hole in that image or why do some of the lights around the middle look so distorted/warped? 

That's just the gravitational pull of your ego ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Not only black holes but also matter and dark matter warp/distort light around them. As @Scholar already said, "James Webb Telescope using a galaxy cluster as a magnifying lens to look at some of the very first galaxies."  The galaxy cluster is full of matter and dark matter which warps light around it (light which originated from behind the galaxy cluster). This too makes it possible that an early galaxy appears multiple times at different spots around it because the gravity is not distributed equally throughout the cluster.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@Loving Radiance Galaxy clusters are ginormous structures and contain ridiculous amounts of matter, so it'd only makes sense for that to happen now that I think about it, but it still comes as a surprise to me since I never really thought about it before. It's actually crazy to think about how much mass just one of these galaxies must have.

beep boop

7 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

The post I read said because of the gravitational pull of the other galaxies bend the curvature of space time.

Focus on the solution, not the problem

I mean I’m sure it’s amazing but I also feel like I’ve seen many photos like these before lol. Like should we really be spending millions on something like this? Idk

Hope to see some cooler stuff though