Taus

Why did God make this hellhole?

58 posts in this topic

Any level of ego at all, no matter how low, causes suffering and delusion to some extent. It is impossible to eliminate the ego completely and permanently while still living (temporary elimination is possible). The question may not make sense if God did not create the hellhole, God did not have a choice, God does not exist except within the hellhole, or if near-constant suffering and delusion is not a hellhole. The question may also be unanswerable with certainty. But if God did willingly do so, any logical speculation as to the reason?

I believe one of the prevailing explanations is that God was bored, as nothing happens in the complete absence of all ego. However, boredom is an emotion generated by the lack of expected neurological stimulation in a conscious organism. Prior to creation, there would have been no neurons, expected stimulation, or emotional deficiencies, so this explanation does not seem logical to me. I haven't found any good reasons so far, hence my question.

I think that if this creator God exists, they are definitely not a just being.

Kurt Vonnegut compared God in his book Cats Cradle to a boy who is playing with a glass bottle and is putting random bugs inside it just in order to shake it and see them fight each other to death. Do you get the metaphor?

@Taus

Everything is about the perspective you have, remember this. Maybe it's not this "place" which is horrible, but you only see it in that light. Don't close the possibility that you could someday recognize this place as heaven. Stop being so picky with things you want to your life, because that only makes you incapable of enjoying the things I do and what is the point in that?

Who told you that "others" are real?

Love

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Hellhole is completely subjective. Things could be infinitely better, but they could also be infinitely worse.

(Unless you want to go meta and say that which exists is all that exists and ever can exist)

I think God's intentions (if they exist) are beyond human comprehension. Anything that many levels removed from us is going to look illogical from our perspective.

Imagine if you were an ant, and a human construction crew came in and removed all the topsoil and vegetation for as far as the eye can see, ripping up your entire colony (in your perspective, your entire universe.) To create a new human housing subdivision. As an ant your mind can't rationalize human intentions, why they're doing it for their greater good, how destroying the entire natural world could possibly lead to a preferable or positive outcome overall. Now imagine that level of abstraction and incomprehension times infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Love

I thought it was to entertain himself?

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

the suffering is not that bad. it is a small price to bring together the work of art, the perfect tapestry. the wonder of the matter, its intricate genius, goes far beyond what a human mind can grasp. out of empty nothingness arises a dance that starts out simple and blends into this explosion of unimaginable beauty and genius that it is right now. God himself marvels at the wonder of his genius. each of your thoughts is sublime art. every breath, every blade of grass, every exhaust pipe spewing shit, every industrial pig slaughterhouse. hallelujah to the glory of existence. Perfect, bright , glorious, overflowing with pure love

Your suffering will end, try some Bach meanwhile.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

I don't think it's right to assume that God is like a human being, who believes it makes choices, who thinks in logical terms, who is limited by emotions.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I’m amazed people can not see the set up of duality. It’s absolutely perfect to create this reality you live in. The second theres 2, that other thing is the complete opposite to whatever the first thing was. So love, the split second it divides in any way, creates its polar opposite, hate. Then boom boom boom splitting here there and everywhere to infinity creating every single possible thing between love and hate. But see, even the seeming worst hate is love, because it originated from love. It just automatically happens the second love begins to divide. Creating every single possible emotion or what have ya you can experience. Your job is to reunify the division back into its singularity. To be honest that’s all the game is. We’re here, as we are, humans in 2022. As we are doing what we’re doing. It’s absolutely inevitable that love becomes this what we are where we are at, at some given point. It can’t not be. I have no idea if this is even relating to what this thread is about as I just started rambling?

God wasn’t bored? it’s so funny when I read things like that, as if it’s someone sitting there thinking oh what shall I do?. It’s just like a poof, from its singularity, like just one turn or twist type thing of its utter perfection sets it off, into just carnage. But carnage sounds like unordered chaos. But it’s not, it’s absolute perfection, love hate, up down, left right, yes no, and so on, forever, until it’s done and reunifies as it’s perfect singularity. And you are that unification, when you do it. Reality is unexplainable. I’ve tried a little here but this ordinary every day state is just not gonna cut it. It just is, it’s just happening. In an expanded state it’s possible to see just what’s going on and how it’s doing it but you’ll never ever be able to explain it

What is What is?

"All there is is what is . . . but what is what is?

Well, there is no real answer to that question. However, it seems that what is could be just what is happening . . . reading these words, sitting on a seat, trees growing, sounds, feelings, clouds or thoughts passing by and so on. In simple terms these events just seem to be what is happening. But the perspective here is that the essence of what is happening is an open secret.

It is suggested that what is is oneness appearing as twoness, the absolute being relative. It is the treasure that is longed for and feared most . . . the perfect lover and the grim reaper. It is of course the ultimate paradox, being simultaneously nothing and everything.

There is no possibility of the essence of what is being described, grasped or known.

The seeker attempts to be aware of or conscious of what is and immediately that function separates and objectifies and makes solid that which is wonderfully floating, effervescent and ungraspable.

The essence of what is can’t be seen by me and so me never feels fulfilled because its experiences seem to have something missing.

In what is is also what isn’t. This is the wonder of wholeness because it appears as both simultaneously. Everything that is something is also already nothing . . . there are not two! Everything is therefore real and unreal, but me experiences everything as only real. Within this illusion me attempts to transform this dualistic and unsatisfactory experience into processes such as “living in the moment” or “being here now” or accepting everything as “consciousness”.

However, and again, the wonderful paradox of the play of wholeness is that the story of me is also what is. All of the dreams and hopes, processes and religious aspirations are only wholeness appearing as a separate entity rushing around looking for itself and also hiding from itself by already being everything. And in being everything, even the avoidance or rejection of what is is what is.

So what is longed for constantly sings the only song of freedom that can never be lost or found because it is already all there is".

- Tony Parsons (The Open Secret)

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

"Why?" is an irrelevant inquiry, because the answer is only ever going to be the same; Why? => Because.

Reasoning is a function of the human mind. It works by connecting events that pass through consciousness and events that reside in memory. Pure brain activity.

A better inquiry would be: How to make this hellhole into a paradise? I would start from there and see where it goes.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

It's not a hellhole it's a pot roast. That's what we're in. We are the meat getting tender as the years go by, and emotions are the spices of life.

1 hour ago, Gesundheit2 said:

"Why?" is an irrelevant inquiry, because the answer is only ever going to be the same; Why? => Because.

Reasoning is a function of the human mind. It works by connecting events that pass through consciousness and events that reside in memory. Pure brain activity.

A better inquiry would be: How to make this hellhole into a paradise? I would start from there and see where it goes.

Where are the emojis?

You ain't spiritual without them.Also to masculine.

Hellhole is already a paradise.

Edited by Zeroguy

3 hours ago, Zeroguy said:

Hellhole is already a paradise.

I don't give this chance for many people, but you're my friend, so I'll be a little bit generous and offer to trade my Middle-Eastern paradise with your European hellhole slash paradise for a reasonable price, nothing too expensive for one of my favorite Advaitas ???

PM me for more details ???

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

God loves a challenge 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"